Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to beat Fiorentina. We just have to beat Fiorentina. We'll play them like 3 times in the next three weeks or so - Sunday night in Serie A and twice in Coppa Italia. We beat them 1-0 at home the first match of the season, and both clubs have kind of evolved since. We're both sort of mid-table clubs that have more talent and potential than the Serie A table might now portrays. We obviously haven't played in Florence for a few seasons, so it'll be interesting to see how the boys react. The good news is that our injuries are down to Chivu & Tommasi, according to Gazzetta. Dacourt and Panucci are evidently available. I'm wondering if Panucci should replace Mancini on that wing. Just a thought. Well, this match kicks off the second part of the season, and coming off a 2-2 draw at Chievo, it'd be nice to get three points. It's gonna be really hard, though, and I fear Miccoli. Should be a delightful match to watch. As always, here's Gazetta's early speculative lineups just as a starting point for discussion.

Fiorentina
22 Lupatelli
25 Maggio
21 Ujfalusi
3 Dainelli
4 Chiellini
8 Ariatti
14 Maresca
5 Obodo
10 Nakata
11 Miccoli
9 Riganò

A disposizione
12 Roccati
33 Delli Carri
7 Di Livio
44 Piangerelli
20 Valdes
55 Viali
76 Fantini

Allenatore Buso

Indisponibili
Nessuno
Squalificati
Nessuno
Diffidati
Ariatti e Miccoli

ROMA 3-4-3
22 Pelizzoli
2 Panucci
31 Dellas
8 Ferrari
30 Mancini
4 De Rossi
15 Dacourt
25 Cufrè
10 Totti
9 Montella
18 Cassano

A disposizione
12 Zotti
5 Mexes
19 Scurto
23 Aquilani
21 D'Agostino
11 Corvia
20 Perrotta

Allenatore Del Neri
Indisponibili
Chivu (convalescenza dopo rottura quinto metatarso piede destro, 1 mese); Tommasi (convalescenza dopo rottura legamenti, 3 mesi).
Squalificati
Nessuno
Diffidati
Nessuno
:thmbup: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I think Mancini had some good touches in the Chievo game and could potentially build on that performance. Panucci should not play for Mexes as he is more of a risk and it would give Mexes a chance to build on his positive Chievo performance.

Edit: No reason to swear.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
If we want to seriously get that CL spot, we have to beat Fiorentina and start off the return leg with a big road win. We blew a huge opportunity last week when we lost 2 points to Chievo in a week where Inter and Sampdoria drew and Udinese lost. To be perfectly honest, I feel the return leg will be very much like the previous one. Some great wins that will get us hopeful...followed by some bad draws or losses. We just aren't a consistent team. They only consistency we have is in Totti and Montella.

Regarding Mancini, he is the biggest disappointment by far this season. The man has been invisible in matches and hasn't scored a single goal. Mexes and Ferrari have been big disappointments as well. And I don't think we got a good effort from Cassano so far...he has been underperforming except for a few moments of brilliance.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I'm wondering if Panucci should replace Mancini on that wing. Just a thought.
what about Aquilani? i think he can play comfortably in the right midfield.. actually he did very well in that position against Milan.. his best performance this year.. but i highly doubt it cause we all know Delneri obsession with any one play in the wings!!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
If Candela is fit I wouldnt mind giving him a possible test on the right, but for now I would leave Mancini in, but we must be careful as he is up against the running rock that is Chiellini!

Unless Perrotta is not fit enough, I would start Dacourt-Perrotta, if he isnt then I would start Aquilani. It is clear De Rossi is way off his game and is shattered. He needs more rest than the 2 weeks in the winter. The rest of the team is fine, and also a pretty strong bencht his week (assuming no more injuries until the match)

Also, a draw at Fiorentina is not a bad result, but unfrotunately due to our current cirucumstances a win is all that is necessary. Still we must remember there are a load of matches to go and a daw may not be so bad still.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Deano said:
If Candela is fit I wouldnt mind giving him a possible test on the right
Where the hell is Candela? He was actually playing well, and then he disappeared. He would be ideal on the right/or on the left with Cufre back in defence. Sartor also seems to have gone missing..

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Romanista10: I totally agree on Mancini - he has vastly underperformed. But he did score that one game winning PK vs. Brescia.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Primo said:
Romanista10: I totally agree on Mancini - he has vastly underperformed. But he did score that one game winning PK vs. Brescia.
Yes, you are correct. I stand corrected. :D

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Mancini also scored the 2-2 goal against Lecce at Olimpico I belive, a tap in, but a goal is a goal 8)

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are some interesting similarities and differences here between last season and this year. Last January, we rocked the andata and returned to play Milan 3 times, including Coppa Italia. I believe we lost them all and our season was never the same. This year, we sucked the first start of the season, and now we'll play Fiorentina 3x. It's a wonderful opportunity for La Roma to turn things around and be successful. I'm really hoping for the best - big match on Sunday.
Fiorentina-Roma>Steelers-Patriots. :nervous: :skull:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Primo said:
I'm really hoping for the best - big match on Sunday.
Fiorentina-Roma>Steelers-Patriots. :nervous: :skull:
Perfect schedule for me.

20.45h Viola- Roma
then the bus home from the pub, making a nice can of coffee for:
00.15h Pittsburgh - Patriots

:)

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mancini will not play vs. Fiorentina, according to Channel 4.

>>> Amantino Mancini has obtained emergency leave from Roma to be with his sick father in Brazil.

The Giallorossi starlet is flying back to South America for a few days in the light of the situation.

Mancini has asked fans for their support and patience, adding that his family worries have been affecting his game.

"I’m not looking to make excuses but I want the people to know how things are," he revealed.

"It’s true that I’m playing badly but I don’t have the head for it at the moment. My father is really ill and I can’t do anything but think about him.">>

:(

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
i doubt it influences the players if i think about something else than Roma every now and then.

especially since some of them don't even seem to care about Roma or football when they are on the pitch.
THAT is worrying...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I love the Steelers. That is to bad about Mancini, I hope his father gets well. Oh we are getting fans for the Roma- Fiorentina game we just have to pay a fine.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
With Mancini out, Gazzetta.it says the Roma line-up will be:

(4-3-1-2)

---------------Pelizzoli---------------

Ferrari-----Mexes-----Dellas-----Cufre'

---Dacourt----De Rossi-----Aquilani---

-----------------Totti-----------------

------Montella------------Cassano----

I sure hope this is a joke cause Ferrari is no RB.

I'd go with this instead:
(3-4-1-2)

Pelizzoli
Mexes-Dellas-Ferrari
Cufre'-Dacourt-De Rossi-D'Agostino
Totti
Montella-Cassano

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
I'm liking that threeman midfield a whole lot...especially since Mancini is out, and with him being our only winger to begin with - well, I think this is the only way we could go now. I'll be glad to see Oli playing again. :)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I did my preview this morning with Mancini int he line-up, oh well. Ferrari wide right full back is useless. isnt Panucci available? Id at least use him at the RB. I dont care whether its 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 as long as the tridente plays and the others are in the correct positions.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
The 4 man defense doesn't look bad and i feel once Mexès can finally adjust to a formation, he'd be much better as a central defender.

Panucci won't play so either Del Neri moves Cufrè there or as Romanista10 wrote Ferrari.
The 3 man midfield seems like it could work fine, but for me by now any midfield with Dacourt looks way promising. :D

1 - 20 of 81 Posts