5,600 Posts
kiyan is so cute

·
Registered
7,880 Posts

Drum roll please...

:rimshot:

Thankyou

Can all hipsters please take the exit on the left...

:boban:

Thank you

And heeeere we go...

:tip:

As XTLIGA moves into its 8th season it has created its very own legacy on Xtratime. From the early years of figuring out the right balance of rules, the peak years where every match day would have 40 posts, it's recession and almost collapse in 2013, to it's resurrection this past season.

The game has kept some legendary managers from the start, lost some along the way, had one hit wonders, created great rivalries, start forum wars, develop longstanding friendships and cause many a lost hours sleep squeezing a last minute deal.

In this special Revista edition, I will be compiling the all time XTLiga rankings of every participant from season 2007/2008 until 2013/2014 (excluding season 2012/2013 which ended prematurely) and counting down to find who has been the best (and worst) XTLIGA player since our inception.

Where do YOU stand?

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
is been 7 years almost?? **** i have no life.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
25th - Down Under, quite literally

Jeffrey​
All-Time Points Ranking: 25th
All-Time Points Average Ranking: 25th
Number of Seasons: 1​

Background

Jeffrey originally joined the league after the early exit of CarlosMiguel at the beginning of the inaugral 2007/2008 fantasy liga. Although statistically the worst player with only 19 points the whole season much of the teams failures cannot be linked to Jeffrey.

After taking over a squad he didn't select, Jeffrey had personal health problems which left him unable to manage his team much of the season and also miss the winter market upgrading session. During much of this time Hectorious took over as interim manager.

With only a few games left in the season, Jeffrey had no choice but to quit the game with Nabz taking charge of the last few games of the season (Hectorious had since taken over another teams spot from Carles).

In the most important news, Jeffrey is happily posting on XT in much better health and can be seen enjoying the Alexis Sanchez show in the Arsenal forum.

All-time 11

------ Abbiati (07/08) --------
Borja (07/08) Coloccini (07/08) Cannavaro (07/08) Abidal (07/08)
J. Navas (07/08)----Diarra (07/08) – Edu (07/08) – Cazorla (07/08)
Messi (07/08) - Eto'o (07/08)

Overall Record
Played: 22
Won: 4
Drew: 7
Lost: 11
Goals for: 27
Goals against: 46
Goal Difference: -19

La Liga manager he most closely resembles

Hristo Stoichkov

Like Jeffrey, Stoichkov come from outside La Liga to Celta Vigo in 2007 to take over a team in slump. After failing to change the teams fortune Celta Vigo slumped to bottom 3 in the table and were relegated. Stoichkov hasn't been seen in Spanish football since.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
24th – Jonathan Knight, the least successful New Kid on the Block

NikChe​
All-Time Points Ranking: 24th
All-Time Points Average Ranking: 24th

Background

The revamped XTLIGA for 2013/2014 saw 4 new managers join the foray. NikChe proved to the strongest of the quartet, physically, holding the rest of the new recruits on top of him in the table, slumping to an 11th place finish.

A decent 11 on paper, the team never really transferred that into results as defensive frailties and a lack of squad depth left the team with the worst defence and 11 defeats. Speaking of the early struggles NikChe admitted he was a bit lost initially. “It's an interesting concept of fantasy football and one I've never seen before, so I was a bit lost at first, especially with the finances. But I think I'm getting the hang of it. I have to say the league administrator doing a great job helped a lot”.

Experience seems to be the key with NikChe, with a bright start to the 2014/2015 season sees him occuring the top 4 in the league with 4 games played and in a complete turnaround, bolstering the second best defence at the start of the new season. Supplementing his attack is the reemergence of Pable Piatti, a player that NikChe believes has been his best transfer so far. “I'd point out Piatti has been stellar since I got him on a free in the winter transfer window when Valencia's management changed. He's been even better this year.”

But perhaps most impressive is this is even before his star signing Luis Suarez has started to play consistently, a signing that is NikChe's favourite moment of the XTLIGA so far. “The only drawback was his [Suarez] ban, which made him start the league at gameweek 9. He's already got three assists in three matches though. Fortunately my offer was big enough to convince him to come to me instead of signing for two other managers. “

A bright future could be on the cards for NikChe. When asked about his opponents for this season he modestly answered:

“[The] Worst opponent would have to be Husain since his squad is always just too strong. I have no idea how he does it. He is a veteran though.
My favourite [opponent], well, everyone who I win against since this was a rare occurrence last season. Let's see how it goes this year. "

All-time 11

------ Iraizoz (13/14) --------
N. Pareja (14/15) Mascherano (13/14) Musacchio (13/14) J. Alba (14/15)
Lafita (14/15)----J. Soriano (14/15) – Mikel Rico (13/14) – Piatti (14/15)
Rodri (13/14) – Suarez (14/15)

Overall Record
Won: 6
Drew: 5
Goals for: 20
Goals against: 39

Javi Gracia

When you think of upcoming La Liga coaches with potential Javi Gracia is always one of the names near the top of the list. Promoting both Cadiz and Almeria to La Liga, Gracia never quite got a fair shake of the top flight football in the past with two early sackings.

It is only after a successful spell in Greece that Gracia returned to La Liga and managed to live up to his long emitting potential. At this point is where the similarities with NikChe begin.

Initially coming in to manage Osasuna Gracia performed abysmally. After 14 seasons of top flight football Javi Gracia had finally been the man to relegate Osasuna. It was this move that probably (although not factually supported) convinced Malaga to sign Gracia as their next manager. Afterall, Osasuna had become one of the most boring, annoying nothing teams of La Liga that always managed to escape relegation at the last minute. Javi Gracia had done La Liga and every fan of Spanish football a huge favour and was duly rewarded.

And repay is what he did, despite a lack of resources Malaga CF have started the new La Liga campaign fantastically, occupying 6th in the table and looking strong all over the pitch. Backed by a great generation from the youth academy who are starting to fulfil their potential and astute signings such as Amrabat, the team, like NikChe, look like being one of the surprises of the season.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
24th – Jonathan Knight, the least successful New Kid on the Block

NikChe​
All-Time Points Ranking: 24th
All-Time Points Average Ranking: 24th

Background

The revamped XTLIGA for 2013/2014 saw 4 new managers join the foray. NikChe proved to the strongest of the quartet, physically, holding the rest of the new recruits on top of him in the table, slumping to an 11th place finish.

A decent 11 on paper, the team never really transferred that into results as defensive frailties and a lack of squad depth left the team with the worst defence and 11 defeats. Speaking of the early struggles NikChe admitted he was a bit lost initially. “It's an interesting concept of fantasy football and one I've never seen before, so I was a bit lost at first, especially with the finances. But I think I'm getting the hang of it. I have to say the league administrator doing a great job helped a lot”.

Experience seems to be the key with NikChe, with a bright start to the 2014/2015 season sees him occuring the top 4 in the league with 4 games played and in a complete turnaround, bolstering the second best defence at the start of the new season. Supplementing his attack is the reemergence of Pable Piatti, a player that NikChe believes has been his best transfer so far. “I'd point out Piatti has been stellar since I got him on a free in the winter transfer window when Valencia's management changed. He's been even better this year.”

But perhaps most impressive is this is even before his star signing Luis Suarez has started to play consistently, a signing that is NikChe's favourite moment of the XTLIGA so far. “The only drawback was his [Suarez] ban, which made him start the league at gameweek 9. He's already got three assists in three matches though. Fortunately my offer was big enough to convince him to come to me instead of signing for two other managers. “

A bright future could be on the cards for NikChe. When asked about his opponents for this season he modestly answered:

“[The] Worst opponent would have to be Husain since his squad is always just too strong. I have no idea how he does it. He is a veteran though.
My favourite [opponent], well, everyone who I win against since this was a rare occurrence last season. Let's see how it goes this year. "

All-time 11

------ Iraizoz (13/14) --------
N. Pareja (14/15) Mascherano (13/14) Musacchio (13/14) J. Alba (14/15)
Lafita (14/15)----J. Soriano (14/15) – Mikel Rico (13/14) – Piatti (14/15)
Rodri (13/14) – Suarez (14/15)

Overall Record
Won: 6
Drew: 5
Goals for: 20
Goals against: 39

Javi Gracia

When you think of upcoming La Liga coaches with potential Javi Gracia is always one of the names near the top of the list. Promoting both Cadiz and Almeria to La Liga, Gracia never quite got a fair shake of the top flight football in the past with two early sackings.

It is only after a successful spell in Greece that Gracia returned to La Liga and managed to live up to his long emitting potential. At this point is where the similarities with NikChe begin.

Initially coming in to manage Osasuna Gracia performed abysmally. After 14 seasons of top flight football Javi Gracia had finally been the man to relegate Osasuna. It was this move that probably (although not factually supported) convinced Malaga to sign Gracia as their next manager. Afterall, Osasuna had become one of the most boring, annoying nothing teams of La Liga that always managed to escape relegation at the last minute. Javi Gracia had done La Liga and every fan of Spanish football a huge favour and was duly rewarded.

And repay is what he did, despite a lack of resources Malaga CF have started the new La Liga campaign fantastically, occupying 6th in the table and looking strong all over the pitch. Backed by a great generation from the youth academy who are starting to fulfil their potential and astute signings such as Amrabat, the team, like NikChe, look like being one of the surprises of the season.
Nik is definitely one of the most committed managers we've had. Always in the game during the transfer windows and the season. Shares a fetish for Basques like me, although his fascination with throwing money at teenage Basques is bit disturbing! :stoned:

Actually I see a lot of similarities in how he picks his squad, with mine. From his current roster, Ive had 7 guys at one point or another.

Loving the comparisons with actual managers LP. This serious will go down as XT Gold.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
I never had LP down as a NKOTB fan. :hmm:

And this is mint so far. :proud:

Top idea.
Hehe :D I couldn't name you a song of theirs, but the group name concept works with the influx of new managers for the 2013/2014 season. Now look, I given it away :mute:

Next update tomorrow guys. Thanks for the positive words guys. It is quite fun for me to write these up so I hope you enjoy them too.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,841 Posts
Hehe :D I couldn't name you a song of theirs, but the group name concept works with the influx of new managers for the 2013/2014 season. Now look, I given it away :mute:

Next update tomorrow guys. Thanks for the positive words guys. It is quite fun for me to write these up so I hope you enjoy them too.
booooooo... you fraud, get off the stage :loser:

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
take your time la porque.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts