Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost official as reported on tv repeatedly in the last couple of hours :eek:

Forza Sheva
Forza Milan :heart:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
... lord

I guess I will have to like him again then, as long as he helps the team.

Luciano, you better not be pulling one of your old tricks!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... lord

I guess I will have to like him again then, as long as he helps the team.

Luciano, you better not be pulling one of your old tricks!
...the news is all over tv. It appears a done deal.
Probably it will become official tomorrow

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
i have predicted Dinho and Sheva even before the start of the mercato. it is well documented.

if true - its a great day for our club.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
i just read this:

Berlusconi tried to deny the claim by saying ‘Who’s Abramovich?’ ...

:D:D:D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is Sheva going to play CB for us in place of Ivanovic?
Nope, for the time being he'll fill in for Borriello that won't be fit for another couple of months it appears

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
if true - its a great day for our club.

Come on, you cannot be this big a pollyanna jackass (pollyanna being some character who saw everything as rosy and great). You and I go way back and you have my respect and friendship, but jesus, shut the f*ck up. Milan looking at Dinho and Sheva for answers is f*cking pathetic. Dinho appears to be past it given his form the last two years AND the recent Olympics and Sheva has not done a damn thing for two years but wallow in obscurity. Yes, both could possibly refind form and be brilliant moves and for me, I loved Sheva even with his ill-advised move to Chelsea (I never bought into the traitor bullsh*t) but seriously, is the best Milan can do is bring back a guy who has barely done a f*cking thing in two years and another guy who clearly was losing form the last two years and clearly has not found his old form yet (if ever).

THIS IS NOT THE MILAN I FELL IN LOVE WITH and surely not the Milan I wake up every weekend to spend my hours watching and talking about. This is goddamn embarassing.

That said, here's to believing in our management and hoping they did their homework and this is not simply Berlu bringing back his "son" and bringing in a guy he wanted years ago when he was the best on the planet.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just read this:

Berlusconi tried to deny the claim by saying ‘Who’s Abramovich?’ ...

:D:D:D
I saw the statement on tv :pp

BTW, should Sheva emulate Pippo, rated as an ex player 2 years ago, he could become an asset to the club.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on, you cannot be this big a pollyanna jackass (pollyanna being some character who saw everything as rosy and great). You and I go way back and you have my respect and friendship, but jesus, shut the f*ck up. Milan looking at Dinho and Sheva for answers is f*cking pathetic. Dinho appears to be past it given his form the last two years AND the recent Olympics and Sheva has not done a damn thing for two years but wallow in obscurity. Yes, both could possibly refind form and be brilliant moves and for me, I loved Sheva even with his ill-advised move to Chelsea (I never bought into the traitor bullsh*t) but seriously, is the best Milan can do is bring back a guy who has barely done a f*cking thing in two years and another guy who clearly was losing form the last two years and clearly has not found his old form yet (if ever).

THIS IS NOT THE MILAN I FELL IN LOVE WITH and surely not the Milan I wake up every weekend to spend my hours watching and talking about. This is goddamn embarassing.

That said, here's to believing in our management and hoping they did their homework and this is not simply Berlu bringing back his "son" and bringing in a guy he wanted years ago when he was the best on the planet.
Dae :cool: you could be all well a right, but 3 players come to my mind, RVN, Crespo and Pippo, all rated as pensioners not that long ago. Obviously I could list a number of players that never returned to greatness. Anyway, in the morning well see if the speculation is true.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the record, Sheva would join us for 1 season on a free loan.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Dae :cool: you could be all well a right, but 3 players come to my mind, RVN, Crespo and Pippo, all rated as pensioners not that long ago. Obviously I could list a number of players that never returned to greatness. Anyway, in the morning well see if the speculation is true.

Yes, but none of those guys lost their game and the skills that made them what they were. Milan seems to be looking towards players who have lost form and cannot do what they once did and apparently are hoping for answers there. Is this really what we are reduced to? Its sad? Is this club so unattractive an option for the elite players that we have to go after players down on their luck or out of form or both?

Crespo and Pippo simply are players who at times have not been appreciated and thought to be uesless; but they could still do what they were good at. They just needed a chance. Dinho has shown he cannot do what he used to do and who the hell kjnows with Sheva; he never plays? Perhaps with him he still can be a penalty area presence. Who knows? He's played so little it is hard to tell, but with Ronnie the evidence is right there.

I just cannot believe this is what Milan chosses to make its transfer targets. Its almost MLS.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
For the record, Sheva would join us for 1 season on a free loan.
That alleviates my concerns about money, but does nothing about my feelings that this club cannot apparently compete for meaningful transfers.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, but none of those guys lost their game and the skills that made them what they were. Milan seems to be looking towards players who have lost form and cannot do what they once did and apparently are hoping for answers there. Is this really what we are reduced to? Its sad? Is this club so unattractive an option for the elite players that we have to go after players down on their luck or out of form or both?

Crespo and Pippo simply are players who at times have not been appreciated and thought to be uesless; but they could still do what they were good at. They just needed a chance. Dinho has shown he cannot do what he used to do and who the hell kjnows with Sheva; he never plays? Perhaps with him he still can be a penalty area presence. Who knows? He's played so little it is hard to tell, but with Ronnie the evidence is right there.

I just cannot believe this is what Milan chosses to make its transfer targets. Its almost MLS.

to further this discussion, this season we signed Pato last January and Flamini this summer, we also signed Borriello (19 goals with Genoa) , Zambrotta and Abbiati plus a couple of our primavera guys returned and the 2 Uruguayans.
We then took a gamble on Ronaldinho and are now signing Sheva on a free loan. Probably we could have signed Amauri if we really wanted instead.
Want we didn't do is signing Ade for 40 MLN Euros.
We offloaded Ronaldo, Serginho, Cafu and Gila.
Could be heaven or hell, time will tell.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That alleviates my concerns about money, but does nothing about my feelings that this club cannot apparently compete for meaningful transfers.
...but for Gullit, Baggio, Lentini, Papin, Nesta and Rui Costa, Milan has hardly ever broken the bank in the last 20 seasons.
To give you a couple of examples, when Inter signed Vieri from Lazio for 50 MLN Euros, we signed Sheva for half the price. We didn't sign Ronaldo or Beckham at their peak, even when a player like Totti had apparently already agreed terms.
More often than not, we are the team that signs Van Basten on a Bosman, Kaka for 7 MLN Euros or Cafu for free.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://sport.sky.it/sport/calcio_italiano/2008/08/20/Shevchenko_torna_al_milan_in_prestito.html

Ritorno a casa - Il mercato del Milan è fatto spesso di piccole bugie, dette a fin di bene, per non compromettere la chiusura di un affare, per scaramanzia o per aumentare l'effetto sorpresa. Era successo già con Ronaldinho, e ancora prima con Nesta. Adesso si scopre che l'ultima innocente bugia del presidente riguardava Shevchenko. Perché Milanello è anche terra di grandi ritorni, e anche qui la lista dei precedenti è lunga. Da Donadoni a Marco Simone, da Gullit a Ba, da Brocchi ad Abbiati.

Berlusconi decisivo - Andriy Shevchenko torna al Milan. L'ipotesi, più volte avanzata e puntualmente smentita dai diretti interessati, è ormai una certezza. L’attaccante ucraino, come rivelato in anteprima assoluta da SKY Sport nell’edizione di Sport time di mezzanotte, torna in rossonero con la formula del prestito con diritto di riscatto. Decisivo, in tal senso, è stato l’intervento in prima persona del presidente rossonero Silvio Berlusconi.

Eredità pesante - E' durata, dunque, due anni la separazione tra Sheva e il Milan. Il ritorno a casa è stato deciso pochi giorni fa in Sardegna quando Abramovich ha fatto visita a Berlusconi. Shevchenko se n'era andato nell'estate del 2006, dopo sette magnifiche stagioni nelle quali aveva contribuito a suon di gol a portare la squadra ai vertici europei. Uno scudetto, una Champions League, una Supercoppa europea, una Supercoppa italiana e una Coppa Italia: questi i trionfi del Milan nell'era-Sheva dal 1999 al 2006 e in tutti la firma sempre decisiva del centravanti ucraino. Come a Manchester nel 2005 quando il suo rigore consegna al Milan la Coppa Campioni nella finale contro la Juve, o come a Montecarlo quando un suo colpo di testa affonda il Porto e regala la Supercoppa d'Europa ai rossoneri.

Numeri rossoneri - Impressionanti i suoi numeri: 127 gol in serie A in 208 partite, 36 reti segnate nelle coppe europee in 69 incontri. Il momento più alto della carriera arriva nel dicembre del 2004 quando i giurati di France Football lo eleggono Pallone d'Oro al termine di un'annata memorabile segnata dai trionfi in Coppa Campioni, Coppa Italia e nelle due Supercoppe europea e italiana, quest'ultima conquistata dopo un 3-0 con tripletta alla Lazio. Alla fine della stagione 2005-2006 arriva il momento dei saluti. Sheva chiede a Berlusconi che lo lasci partire per Londra. Ma sapeva che non sarebbe stato un addio, ma un arrivederci.

Still from Euroderby 2003

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I'm not looking to spend Inter-esque or Chelsea style money; just make moves that make sense. I'd like to see Milan do some homework and find players that are rising and fit our system like they did with Sheva the first time and then win the transfer. not look for answers in players who aren't playing well at all and who could maybe help the team or maybe not. I never thought of our team as a maybe maybe not kind of club.

The Flamini move was great and so was Pato as other teams had interest and we did our homeowrk and then beat other clubs to the punch. I like that sort of thing and would like to see more. Its what we used to do.

Oh, btw, Van Basten was 7 years prior to Bosman. WE got him for a palrty 1.5 because Silvio watched some video of him, liked what he saw and said get him! I love that. That is so much different that going after a retread Sheva or Dinho just because they used to be really f*cking good.

·
Registered
15,586 Posts
One word comes to mind: ****! I'm going to have some nightmares tonight :moan:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm not looking to spend Inter-esque or Chelsea style money; just make moves that make sense. I'd like to see Milan do some homework and find players that are rising and fit our system like they did with Sheva the first time and then win the transfer. not look for answers in players who aren't playing well at all and who could maybe help the team or maybe not. I never thought of our team as a maybe maybe not kind of club.

The Flamini move was great and so was Pato as other teams had interest and we did our homeowrk and then beat other clubs to the punch. I like that sort of thing and would like to see more. Its what we used to do.

Oh, btw, Van Basten was 7 years prior to Bosman. WE got him for a palrty 1.5 because Silvio watched some video of him, liked what he saw and said get him! I love that. That is so much different that going after a retread Sheva or Dinho just because they used to be really f*cking good.
Technically it was not a Bosman but Milan payed Ajax a 1MLN Euros compenation fee established by UEFA regulations. Van Basten had just won the Cup Winners Cup.
I have probably already posted this, but since year 2000, Inter has spent 4 times the amount Milan has. As stated earlier, Milan has often signed 30 plus year old players as Weah and Cafu, offloaded players such as Pirlo and Seedorf, unknown players as Dida and Seba Rossi. Every now and then we sign big players.
Anyway, as said earlier Ronaldinho&Sheva come in as a huge bet, if it works it will be an almost conning double signing, the contrary will be drama :stress:

night

1 - 20 of 285 Posts