Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luizao leaves Hertha Berlin

BERLIN, March 7 (Reuters) - Brazil striker Luizao has been released from his contract by Bundesliga strugglers Hertha Berlin.

After a frustrating spell in Germany the 28-year-old has left for his home country, where he is expected to look for a club.

Luizao, a member of Brazil's 2002 World Cup-winning squad, has failed to make an impact in the Bundesliga since joining the capital club in 2002.

Hertha dropped to second from bottom in the Bundesliga after a 1-1 home draw with VfL Bochum on Saturday.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Which clubs would be a realistic target for Luizão? Might he return to O Timão?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Yeah, Corinthians might be interested... but after the way Luisao left the club when he went to Germany (he went to court, sued the club and demanded to be released for free, so the club received nothing from the deal – it all went to Luisao and his agent) there is a certain level of antipathy against him in Corinthians. Of course, since Corinthians is currently a sinking ship, they might consider swallowing their pride and accepting him back... but I don't think he'll return to the Timao.

Where will he go to then? Well, Santos wants Luisao. They've been looking for a strong striker to partner Robinho since Ricardo Oliveira went to Valencia, and Luisao would fit like a glove in their team. Luisao is already making those suck-up "Santos is a great team and any player would be proud to play there" statements... so that may be his destination. ;)

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I think he is going to Santos. They want a striker, a presence in the box since Alberto, (is this his name?, the guy that was the striker of Santos in 2002) and Robgol doesn't seem to be delivering.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
He is going to Botafogo

Are you happy Garrincha ? :D I'd take Marcelinho Paraiba over him any way but he would be Hertha's last player to be released ;)

PS:

Luizao's stats leaving the German "Bundesliga" as a so called "World Champion":

4 goals in 26 matches

:stress:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Ronaldo2001 said:
He is going to Botafogo

Are you happy Garrincha ? :D I'd take Marcelinho Paraiba over him any way but he would be Hertha's last player to be released ;)

PS:

4 goals in 26 matches

Dude! where have you been? welcome back anyway. ;)

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Hey Pat ! Thanx for your welcome :)

Things didn't worked out well for me the last year ... but life goes on ... so hopefully I'll come more often to post here this time :stuckup:

cheers

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Ronaldo2001 said:
He is going to Botafogo

PS:

4 goals in 26 matches

You bet your ass that I'm happy. :D And if you had seen the "attackers" that Botafogo has been using this year, you would understand why I'm happy. :googly: :stress: :sigh:

Let me just say that, at the precise moment when Luisao signed the contract with Botafogo, he instantly became our best forward, even before stepping on the pitch. :mute:

But seriously... the attack was our weakest sector and Luisao is just what we needed most, an experienced striker. So of course it's good news for Botafogo. :smileani:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts