Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just saw this, and it is quite a broad statement, not "maybe" but "will".

"Delvecchio is a defensive central midfielder, and that is precisely the player Samp coach Novellino is looking for as the Blucerchiati will offload Donadel to Parma during the Janaury transfer market".

What do you think of the prospect of Donadel returning?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Is he really needed anymore ?

I guess if anything he'd just push Bolano back completely out of the squad as i think Simplicio, Grella and Budel are all as well-established as Donadel, and wouldn't necessarily lose a place if Donadel would return. I think he would rival Budel if anything as the 3rd place DM (although as it seems Budel is being favoured over Grella, so perhaps Donadel COULD push Grella out and be part of the first XI)

It'd cause no harm, of course, because i always thought Donadel was an often handy little player, but i can't say we need him.

Do you think it could just be a typo or something ? It's so odd they claim that he definately will return .. that wasn't decided when we let him go was it ?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Donadel is nothing classy, but I think we slightly under-rated him last season? He played alot of games when Blasi was out of the squad and did more than an okay job.

Didn't he have the choice in the summer of re-signing for us though, and chose Samp?

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
...and thats why I dont want to have him back. Our DMs are okay, we need to bring back a striker like Bonazzoli, Adailton, Amauri, Myrtaj,...
But as far as I know these 4 strikers are not ours anymore :( (or is Amauri still owned by us?)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everyone has such different opinions. I disagree that we need a striker.

We desperately need a centre-back who is strong and good in the air.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If we play with only the lone striker then we are okay, with Gilardino and Maccarone as his sub.

Maybe we should send Bovo back to Roma, and try and loan another defender until June, then go from there.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Yes and he was pretty poor with us, but he was only 20, coming from a great U20-WC. Now he is scoring lots of goals for Verona though.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Grella is not doing well, Bolano is injuryed, Simplicio must play more in front, Budel is doing good.
We need someone who can make the game and serve Gila. Donadel can do that, I think he is a great player and he is cheep.
He is also an ass for leave us this summer :mad:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I dont think that Donadel is that kind of player that serves Gila. We have Morfeo for that and behind him we have Simplicio.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bresciano seems to be playing better in the two games he has had just behind Alberto.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Realistically if Donadel did re-sign for Parma, then surely we won't have 5 players battling for 2 positions; Simplicio, Budel, Grella, Bolano, Donadel.

Who could possibly get sacrificed? Maybe return Budel to Milan in exchange for the loan of Donadel, or maybe Bolano; that's what seems the most likeliest to me, but I would rather Budel stay here.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Even though Budel was extremely quiet last night and didn't really impress me, I'd still rather hiom stay than Bolano, because I know he's capable of more, as i saw in the Inter game earlier this year.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Bovo is playing like a shit but I don't sign him off, he has a bright future in front him. Just that we can't recognize that through our emotions.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He hasn't shown me enough that he is going to be a good player. Unless he improves dramatically then I can't see it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts