Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finland's greatest footballer and Scandinavia's most legendary active player, Jari Litmanen may be making a come back in the Finnish Veikkausliiga after his second spell at Ajax Amsterdam. This would be an immense boost to the league's image and would help build a league football boom in Finland.

Litmanen will be joining Kampman's FC Lahti if the transfer becomes reality. Keep your fingers crossed !!!

:happy:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Jari Litmanen could help the Finnish clubs enormously when it comes to attendances and interest. We need profiles like him in the league. I would also like Mixu Paatelainen back, I'm not sure if he would be such a good player, but surely he would be an interesting player to watch.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sumiala, now he's a journeyman. I think he will end up in a new country... Asia? Quatar? the States?

Shame he's not doing well in Turkey, I like him.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If Jari comes to play in Veikkausliiga, I'll go and see every game he plays in Helsinki! (ok, if he comes to HJK, then perhaps not _all_ games. ) :)

Yes, it would be a nice boost.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nlz said:
If Jari comes to play in Veikkausliiga, I'll go and see every game he plays in Helsinki! (ok, if he comes to HJK, then perhaps not _all_ games. ) :)

Yes, it would be a nice boost.
........and you call yourself a football supporter ? :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
The Return of the King is closer than ever.. Ajax and Litmanen have cancelled their contract, the Finnish transfer window closes next week (was it thursday), and Litti himself has said that returning is a very interesting option. So if you put 1 and 1 together.... :happy: :happy:

Like said, this would be an unbeleviable boost for the whole league, no matter which club he chose. Seems like 5 clubs have made offers for him, but yeah, IF he returns I'm almost certain he would choose Lahti.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Finn said:
Seems like 5 clubs have made offers for him, but yeah, IF he returns I'm almost certain he would choose Lahti.
First of all, Jaris interest in Veikkausliiga is very obvious. After having so much injuries Jari wants to get himself in good shape at last. In most of Europe football season will end in weeks and the real games start not until the next fall.

Jari hasn't many years left for his courier. In Veikkausliiga Jari has a chance to play games starting in the beginning of May. He can use the summer efficiently. He will get full game time and recovering his game to the best level is possible. However, if Jari gets himself in a good shape, what will he do in Fall? We'll see.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing, what things will matter if Jari comes to Finland. A list of options:

HJK. The former champion. Has a chance for playing in Champions League. Helsinki as a town would suit best for Jari after Amsterdam, Barcelona and Liverpool?

Mypa. Jaris former club has a place in UEFA Cup. Will the size of Myllykoski matter?

FC Lahti. Jaris home team was fifth in last season. Not participating euro games. How loyal is Jari for Lahti?

Haka. Plays in Uefa Cup after having been second in last season. But would Jari be interested in moving to Valkeakoski?

Tampere Utd. Third in last year, has a place in Uefa Cup. A lively city as well.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Thank you oah79 for an interesting analysis, I bet the Lahti fans are delirious now, when Litmanen has decided that he will return. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts