Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be doing very good for Fiorentina so far. Don't get how he never got a chance in Milan, but to be fair, when he did play for them he was shit.

Anyways another player who seems to play better for lower teams, no offense to Fiorentina who are a great club but not near Milan history.

Lets see how he does the rest of the season.

I think he will end up top scorer or in the top 3 of Serie A.

bargain price for Fiore too.

edit- btw love the violing celebration he did for his 1st goal for Fiorentina, the one he didad at Parma.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
He got plenty of chances at Milan, but yeah, he was shit. Not just in lack of scoring, but he just didn't look like a pro-footballer. Now at Fiorentina, he looks a like his old self.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Wasnt Ronaldo-99kg meant to be played ahead of Gilardino...? Gila wasnt really a chance to be CONSIDERED the main guy. Similarly, Borriello will always be Behind the English Graduate.

About Gilardino :star: He doesnt dive anymore !!!

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i read on Fiorentina forum the carlo Ancienlotti didn't like him, is the true?

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I think that he simply didn't fit into the Milan-organization and that's why he didn't do so well. Prandelli is giving his fair share of chances and perhaps a lot more support than Ancelotti did, so that might be one of the explanations and I've heard it from people who's been following Milan very closely.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Wasnt Ronaldo-99kg meant to be played ahead of Gilardino...? Gila wasnt really a chance to be CONSIDERED the main guy. Similarly, Borriello will always be Behind the English Graduate.

About Gilardino :star: He doesnt dive anymore !!!
Well, he was there for 2 1/2 seasons before Ronaldo Mc Donald arrived. Before it was just him and Pippo (and Oliveira for a while) fighting for one spot to play alongside Edgar Allen Poe in the 4-3-1-2 system.

I think that he simply didn't fit into the Milan-organization and that's why he didn't do so well. Prandelli is giving his fair share of chances and perhaps a lot more support than Ancelotti did, so that might be one of the explanations and I've heard it from people who's been following Milan very closely.
I don't buy the excuse that he didn't fit into the system because although that my affect his scoring proficiency, it wouldn't affect his other basic skills like ball control which was clearly poor as a result of lack of confidence.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Signing of the season it seems. Some people had faith that he would regain his form at Fiorentina. Can't say I was one of those. He looked so bad at Milan. Good luck to him.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also great news for Italy, both Gilardino and Cassano seem to be doing very good.

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
I wanted him at Sampdoria cause I was sure that he could not be so shitty as the player we saw in Milan and that probably he had just lost self confidence. Unfortunately Sampdoria could not afford to buy him and, anyway, Fiorentina was Gila's first choice.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
Was one of my favourite forwards at Parma and I was excited when he signed for Milan but boy did he stink. The system Milan played with didn't help

Hopefully he rekindles his endless potential

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
Seems to be doing very good for Fiorentina so far. Don't get how he never got a chance in Milan, but to be fair, when he did play for them he was shit.

Anyways another player who seems to play better for lower teams, no offense to Fiorentina who are a great club but not near Milan history.

Lets see how he does the rest of the season.

I think he will end up top scorer or in the top 3 of Serie A.

bargain price for Fiore too.

edit- btw love the violing celebration he did for his 1st goal for Fiorentina, the one he didad at Parma.
his goal scoring record for Milan is not bad at all, at least not in the Serie A. It was in the CL that he sucked.

He was really good and entertaining in Parma, lets hope he starts doing that again in Fiorentina.

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
Stop saying he never got a chance at Milan, thats not true at all.

Fact is he was so bad when he played for us.

Most of the Milan fans would tell you they are happy for him, because it just didn't work out.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Apparently his goal today was offside, but it was a really cool one so no big deal. He does fall down easily, even if most of the times they were fouls.

He did got chances at Milan (and during the last year and a half he looked terrible), the problem was the type of chances he got. Certainly playing in a team that has no wing play, is super slow, during most of the last 2 seasons has had zero creativity, and on top of that he is supposed to play the whole game with his back to the goal during the whole game to open spaces for Kaka and Seedorf isn't a great chance to show your ability if you are a striker.

At least I hope that's the way Milan analyze his case to avoid similar situations in the near future.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Spalletti and co at Roma felt it wiser to invest 25 mil in the likes Baptista and Menez, when anyone with a single function brain cell would see 15 mil in Gila would've been the answer.

F**king amateurs.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Well, he was there for 2 1/2 seasons before Ronaldo Mc Donald arrived. Before it was just him and Pippo (and Oliveira for a while) fighting for one spot to play alongside Edagr Allen Poe in the 4-3-1-2 system.
:dielaugh::dielaugh:

As for the topic, Gila got fair share of chances at Milan.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Spalletti and co at Roma felt it wiser to invest 25 mil in the likes Baptista and Menez, when anyone with a single function brain cell would see 15 mil in Gila would've been the answer.

F**king amateurs.
You don't have depth in midfield to afford buying a striker and displacing Totti. No side midfielders like Camoranesi whatsoever which are needed if you play Totti + Gila. All you have are wing forwards.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
You don't have depth in midfield to afford buying a striker and displacing Totti. No side midfielders like Camoranesi whatsoever which are needed if you play Totti + Gila. All you have are wing forwards.
Totti+ Gila upfront with De Rossi , Pizarro and Aquilani midfield would have been better than now, we have no wings now to play our system,with Totti supporting Gilardino and Vuci coming from the left and strong midfield Roma would have been better with Baptista or Menez but any how he is now in fiorentina , i wish him luck there because i trust Gillardino he is a talented striker .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts