Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( It's that time of year, bottom three, Kanoute maybe out 4 a month. Is there anything possible to avoid the drop?

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
well Simon Davies will be back soon and Michael Brown is coming soon too so two players who can run a bit in midfield plus we're only 12 points off champions league football :D :tongue:

Don't expect it tho. Will be a long tough ride:eek:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Roberts: Pleat must go

By Neil Vaughan
Date: 29/12/2003

Former Tottenham skipper Graham Roberts has told Sky Sports News that Spurs must appoint a new manager soon if they are to avoid...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Roberts: Pleat must go
Source: Sky Sports

Former Tottenham skipper Graham Roberts has told Sky Sports News that Spurs must appoint a new manager soon if they are to avoid following in West Ham's footsteps.

Roberts, who lifted the UEFA Cup in his time at White Hart Lane, believes it will be a 'sad day' if Spurs are relegated, and insists they must get rid of caretaker boss David Pleat if they are to avoid the danger.

And Roberts feels that Pleat must also be given the boot from his permanent role as director of football to allow the club to move forward.

"David Pleat's been given the job 'til end of season, but maybe that was the wrong thing to do," he said. "Since he was given the job full-time, they haven't won a game.

"They are going backwards, I feel. They're worse off now than they were under Glenn Hoddle.

"They're not playing well, there's no confidence. Maybe we should have stuck with Glenn until the end of the season and got some stability

"Whoever goes in there David Pleat will have to go."

He added: "I would just say that Daniel Levy has to get a manager as quick as possible.

"But Pleat has to go. He can't just sit upstairs. They need a new start. You can't have a director of football always looking over your shoulder. And when someone gets sacked he comes in and takes over. That's what Glenn had and they should have got rid of him before that."

The midfield enforcer believes that Tottenham, who fell into the bottom three after their defeat by Charlton on Sunday, need to find some character both on and off the pitch if they are to survive in the top flight.

"What they need is a strong character manager," he continued.

"They just seem a soft touch. There's no one to put their foot in, there's no one to boss people and maybe that's what they need, a leader on the pitch.

And Roberts has his own ideas about who should be taking over at the helm of his beloved club.

"I would like to see Graeme Souness come in," he added

"They need a big character, someone who's strict and gets the players playing from him. Graeme would be my choice."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts