Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at big clubs this decade Roma and AC milan start off with AC in the
01/02 they did not play in the UCL did players moan and no they did not Shevchenko stayed. the following year after getting 4th place they won the UCL now look at Roma in the 02/03 they finished in 8th place did Samuel,Totti or Emerson moan about it. no they felt a bit guilty about it next season they got to 2nd place. in the league after a few good players coming in Chivu and Mancini this is our bad year with the right players coming in the summer we can do a lot better next so please Henry stay and get a new deal sorted.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the Arsenal forum?

·
Registered
385 Posts
He's 28 and not getting any younger, if he wants to really prove himself and take a place in history, he better move on to a bigger club with higher expectations. Barca would be ideal for him.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Barca is the easy choice to make but the players i gave you like Shevchenko,Totti,Emerson and Samuel did not walk out because they had one bad year they stayed there.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he does want to stay but he needs to know the club are going to move forward, i think he needs to see more actions rather than words.

I won't blame him if he moves, he deserves to play in a world class team.

·
Registered
385 Posts
He only gets one career and if you were him what would you do? Its very easy what to say being an Arsenal fan, but maybe he feels he needs a change, or wants a chance to play in Spain or win the CL. Don't see Arsenal winning anything for a while now, they are in transition and Chelsea are too dominant. Even Man U are alot better than Arsenal now.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
henryrules said:
Look at big clubs this decade Roma and AC milan start off with AC in the
01/02 they did not play in the UCL did players moan and no they did not Shevchenko stayed. the following year after getting 4th place they won the UCL now look at Roma in the 02/03 they finished in 8th place did Samuel,Totti or Emerson moan about it. no they felt a bit guilty about it next season they got to 2nd place. in the league after a few good players coming in Chivu and Mancini this is our bad year with the right players coming in the summer we can do a lot better next so please Henry stay and get a new deal sorted.
Whats your point?, because those players didnt move from there clubs after poor seasons henry should do the same. Henry deserves to be in a champions league winning side not a mediocre side

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i know that Jern but i am sure as well that Totti,Emerson and Samuel were worldclass at Roma when they were 8th but they did not leave they stayed and with Chivu and Mancini coming in they got 2nd place in the league Henry should stay.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
He is in his prime (football) age.... who wouldnt want to test himself and go for a better challenge with the best players alongside him. (No disrespect to Ars, but reality is reality).

Footballers' playing life is short.. if he doesnt move... he may find himself having lesser chance. HE is like Ballack now, well sought after. It may or may not be the same after another year.

If he loves London... there are alternatives :D

·
63,337 Posts
I wouldn't put Emerson and Samuel in the Henry bracket, they are both very good players but they on't have Henry's profile.

Totti? would he have stayed at Roma if it wasn't his hometown club? i doubt that and i think he would have had a better career anyway if he'd moved to a real giant.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wot about Shevchenko then when in the 01/02 season he was not in the UCL had the chance to go to Madrid but stayed instead after a few years later Milan were winning things like the UCL and Serie a as well.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I wouldn't put Emerson and Samuel in the Henry bracket, they are both very good players but they on't have Henry's profile.

Totti? would he have stayed at Roma if it wasn't his hometown club? i doubt that and i think he would have had a better career anyway if he'd moved to a real giant.
I'd put emerson beside henry.Emerson is a fantastic midfeilder.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Doesn't earning the CL or any trophy have to do with winning football matches and not the name of your club?

If Henry deserved the CL he would have won it already.

Not that Barca are somehow destined to win it.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But the thing is Jern Milan got 4th place was a ok team it was not all that it was when they signed Nesta and Seedorf in the summer that they were going places.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
i think he is as well, but his profile is nowhere near that of Henry.
yeah, yeah i think its sad that Henry might leave the premiership, because look at what hes given us. Beautiful goals and debates on who is better RvN or Henry.

Well say i love henry and i hate henry at the same time. Best Striker in the premiership at his best . But will never be as cool as Cantona :thumbsup:

Cantona's the Man

·
63,337 Posts
henryrules said:
But the thing is Jern Milan got 4th place was a ok team it was not all that it was when they signed Nesta and Seedorf in the summer that they were going places.
how long was Shevchenko there though then, not as long as Henry, and Milan probably convinced him they had big plans.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts