Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From http://www.dailysoccer.com

MADRID, June 30 (Reuters)(DS) - Real Madrid presidential
candidate Florentino Perez was quoted as saying on Friday the Spanish club was 42,910 million pesetas ($247.2 million) in debt.

Incumbent Lorenzo Sanz said last month the club was in debt
to the tune of $110 million. Sanz and Perez, who are both construction magnates, are fighting a head-to-head battle for the presidency of the Champions League winners -- wich will be decided by a vote of the club's 66,000 supporters' club members on July 23.

The Spanish media widely reported Perez's comments on
Friday. Perez said the debts included 17,454 million pesetas ($100.5 million) owed to banks and 3,616 million pesetas ($20.83 million) owed to the Spanish government, mainly the tax office.

His other main criticism of Sanz is the profligate buying
and selling of players. In less than five years with Sanz at the helm, 52 players have either come or gone from the Santiago Bernabeu.

($1=173.61 Peseta)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Wow!
Why don't they go into the stock market like Lazio and Man U
did?This way they can raise a lot of money to pay off their debt or some of it as it is a HUGE debt and buy more fabulous players.

Anyways, good luck to whoever becomes president of this magnificient team!Hala!

Allez Les Bleus!

THe world will be...Bleu Blanc Rouge...once again!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know who to believe. I think Perez will say just about anything to get the presidency. With that report, Perez doesn't even explain 50% of the debt, so....

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I'm afraid we're gonna gte a lot of that crap now, when the campaign is in full speed:mad: I can't believe it's 257 mln! $$$ I mean no one can get us out of that kind of sh|t:mad: Besides we have hada lot more succes under Sanz, so he should stay and I believe (or I want to believe:D) that it's only 100 like Sanz said:)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perez seems to do nothing but criticize Sanz rather than emphasize his own program. He slams him on the budget and than talks about his dream of Beckham. What's up with that?

I'm not always in agreement with Sanz but I want him to continue. Let's see what he can do! He's been decent so far. Perez seems like a smoking gun!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Labas, i know someone who can take you guys out of that debt!And i think you know him too!:):)
His name is Berlusconi and he could very easily waive that $257 Million debt...
What do you say of this one?:):):)

Anyways, good luck Real!
Hala!

Allez les Bleus!

The world will be...Bleu Blanc Rouge...once again!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are many people who could front $275 million US (just look at the Forbes list of millionaires) but why should anyone put up their own fortune to bail out a team? I couldn't think of a better way of just taking your money tossing it in the toilet and flushing.

Does anyone know if their financial records belong in the public domain (in other words, are they required by law to make them open to the public)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts