Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start this thread by saying that I am a fan of Raul. The reason I am a fan of his, is because if you were to ask me to describe him, I would probably say that he is a total player. He obviously can score goals, not only provides assits but just makes smart passes in general, back tracks and helps his midfielders do the dirty work and above all, he leads by example and not by running his mouth.

The problem is I haven't seen this guy for a really long time.

I don't need to go into detail about his performances because you all have been seen them for yourselves and you can draw your own conclusions.

Here's my problem. As long as Raul is an automatic first choice selection, your team will continue to struggle. It's as if you are playing with one less player. Can someone please tell ONE positive thing Raul did yesterday? I mean when I watch Ronaldo, I get really annoyed sometimes because he's soooo lazy. But you know what, he still has some impact on the game. In fact without him, you wouldn't have a prayer of scoring. At one point I was thinking "why doesn't Ronaldo pass to someone instead of going 1 on 3...but who the hell is he going to pass to? What position was Raul playing yesterday? I would say he was a non-support striker. I mean Ronaldo fans can use the argument that after the knee troubles that Ronaldo has had doesn't allow him to back track (also 'cause he seems to love his dessert these days) but what's Raul's excuse?

My point here is when does the madness end? Will he ever be benched or will Real keep putting him out there until he really has 0 confidence and never regains his form?

By the way if your going to use the excuse that he is the symbol of the club, save it because I already know that but remember this, Beckham used to be the symbol of ManU!

Take a lesson from Juventus. Their symbol was substituted yesterday with 30 minutes left in the match and the man they brought on scored 15 minutes later and leveled the tie on aggregate. Don't you guys think bringing Solari or even Owen on earlier would have been beneficial? Who knows but they couldn't have been worse than Raul.

I hope I don't get bashed to hard for this thread, I just wanted to start a discussion. Remember I love Raul as a player and more than anything, I'm sad for him in his current situation because he must be putting a lot of the blame on himself.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
MAJOR said:
I want to start this thread by saying that I am a fan of Raul. The reason I am a fan of his, is because if you were to ask me to describe him, I would probably say that he is a total player. He obviously can score goals, not only provides assits but just makes smart passes in general, back tracks and helps his midfielders do the dirty work and above all, he leads by example and not by running his mouth.

I don't need to go into detail about his performances because you all have been seen them for yourselves and you can draw your own conclusions.

Here's my problem. As long as Raul is an automatic first choice selection, your team will continue to struggle. It's as if you are playing with one less player. Can someone please tell ONE positive thing Raul did yesterday? I mean when I watch Ronaldo, I get really annoyed sometimes because he's soooo lazy. But you know what, he still has some impact on the game. In fact without him, you wouldn't have a prayer of scoring. At one point I was thinking "why doesn't Ronaldo pass to someone instead of going 1 on 3...but who the hell is he going to pass to? What position was Raul playing yesterday? I would say he was a non-support striker. I mean Ronaldo fans can use the argument that after the knee troubles that Ronaldo has had doesn't allow him to back track (also 'cause he seems to love his dessert these days) but what's Raul's excuse?

My point here is when does the madness end? Will he ever be benched or will Real keep putting him out there until he really has 0 confidence and never regains his form?

By the way if your going to use the excuse that he is the symbol of the club, save it because I already know that but remember this, Beckham used to be the symbol of ManU!

Take a lesson from Juventus. Their symbol was substituted yesterday with 30 minutes left in the match and the man they brought on scored 15 minutes later and leveled the tie on aggregate. Don't you guys think bringing Solari or even Owen on earlier would have been beneficial? Who knows but they couldn't have been worse than Raul.

I hope I don't get bashed to hard for this thread, I just wanted to start a discussion. Remember I love Raul as a player and more than anything, I'm sad for him in his current situation because he must be putting a lot of the blame on himself.
Has Raul's form gone down? Most definately. Should he be sold? Perhaps. Should he be benched? I think so. Is he the reason why Real Madrid are utterly crap? No, not in my opinion.

He is only one player out of many usless players. I agree Owen deserves a chance. However I also think that many players should be gone such as Ronaldo, Beckham, etc.. We need more hard working players. Sure Raul sucked yesterday. But, how many times does Ronaldo suck and look absolutely useless out there or how about Beckham? or even Zidane?
Not making excuses for Raul, but he shouldn't have even played last night, he was just coming back from the flu and wasn't 100%, I blame the coach for that. When i saw him the first leg he atleast put in 100% more than I can say for some of the other players on the team. That's why I don't think Raul should be the first to go, cause even though his scoring record has been very bad in the last while, atleast he tries and runs hard and works hard. I would keep him around 1 more season and try to create a new partnership like him and Owen. If it still doesn't work, then sell him the Jan window next season.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Players have good and bad days ... I am confident Raul can find back to form, proffesional as he is. The confidence and trust in him from the coach can only be vital therefor IMO

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mendieta said:
Has Raul's form gone down? Most definately. Should he be sold? Perhaps. Should he be benched? I think so. Is he the reason why Real Madrid are utterly crap? No, not in my opinion.

He is only one player out of many usless players. I agree Owen deserves a chance. However I also think that many players should be gone such as Ronaldo, Beckham, etc.. We need more hard working players. Sure Raul sucked yesterday. But, how many times does Ronaldo suck and look absolutely useless out there or how about Beckham? or even Zidane?
Not making excuses for Raul, but he shouldn't have even played last night, he was just coming back from the flu and wasn't 100%, I blame the coach for that. When i saw him the first leg he atleast put in 100% more than I can say for some of the other players on the team. That's why I don't think Raul should be the first to go, cause even though his scoring record has been very bad in the last while, atleast he tries and runs hard and works hard. I would keep him around 1 more season and try to create a new partnership like him and Owen. If it still doesn't work, then sell him the Jan window next season.

I'm not saying that Raul should go. That would be crazy after all he's done for the club not to mention he's still a relatively young guy. I just don't think his place in the first eleven should be so automatic. I think the way Fabio Capello has handled Del Piero is a good way to go about it. After all, I think both of them are in the same situation the difference being Del Piero's problems are a combination of age and injuries

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
MAJOR said:
I'm not saying that Raul should go. That would be crazy after all he's done for the club not to mention he's still a relatively young guy. I just don't think his place in the first eleven should be so automatic. I think the way Fabio Capello has handled Del Piero is a good way to go about it. After all, I think both of them are in the same situation the difference being Del Piero's problems are a combination of age and injuries
I agree. :thmbup:

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I totally agree with Maor. Yesterday I couldn't figure out Raul position. He just wasn't there. so was Beckhamp. Everybody can say what they want about ronaldo, but he still has an impact on the game. Has he been a little lucky, he would've scored a goal out of no where. Watching the game yesterday, I felt like we were playing on forward. He was isolated up front against a good defense like the Juve.

Personally I'd offload Figo, Beckhamp, Raul and the other reserves players like Raul Bravo, portillo..... Our bench just sucks.

Juve took out Del Piero and put in Trezzzzzzz..zzzzzzz.....goal. I kinda blame Lux for leaving him too long in the game while taking Zidane out. Owen should have come earlier, if not start over him.

This is a little off subject , but one thing that really pissed me off yesteday, was that Madrid didn't take the game to Juve , but let Juve take the game to them. I don't get it. Us , the fan, and whole wide world know that defense is not our strongest point. And after what happened to Barca the day before, you would think they would come out blazing and try to get the first goal.

Honestly I used not to like figo but I toned down and kinda let him be, but yesterday game remind me what I didn't like at the first place.. He falls too easily, complains too much ,and hogs the ball before losing it.

I dont' understand how Beckham can be a star in the EPL and try to avoid any physical contact. I don't care if he doesn't have much skills, but at least fight for the ball, dont' jump off any attack. A forward can do that, but you're a damn midfielder!

And there is also the whole issue of Raul Bravo. He sucks, but i don't blame him. I blame the management for keeping him. Juve lost Nedved, but we lost even more in Salgado. I don't remember which one, but one of the coach earlier was pointing to the fact that we don't have any sub for him... and nobody did anything about him...conclusion: we 're out of the CL.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
anyone though about our status in the CL since perez came?
2002 - Final, won the cup, but with a team that sanz built before perez came.
2003 - Semi final
2004 - 1/4 final
2005 - 1/8 final
2006 - ?
:(

·
Registered
590 Posts
sagyv said:
anyone though about our status in the CL since perez came?
2002 - Final, won the cup, but with a team that sanz built before perez came.
2003 - Semi final
2004 - 1/4 final
2005 - 1/8 final
2006 - ?
:(
Absolutely Correct, I'm from Madrid (Spain), I'm a milan fan, but all my family supports Real Madrid, and the FIRST thing that I thought it's that Perez must RESIGN, he only see Real Madrid at a business, not a professional soccer team.

Raul needs to be benched some matches, because at his age his perform downs and downs, he is not the spectacular player that he was 3 years ago.

Another problem is that Real Madrid doesn't have a balanced squad, when Salgado is injured, what player on the bench can play at this position? Look at the bench and see what players they have...

Another "white" season for Real Madrid, because I think Barcelona will win the Liga this year...

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Smoje said:
Absolutely Correct, I'm from Madrid (Spain), I'm a milan fan
You mean that you live in Madrid, but your Italian, isn't it? Because you would be the first Spanish guy that I know that would support a foreign team instead of Barça, Madrid, Atleti or whatever...

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Koeman4 said:
You mean that you live in Madrid, but your Italian, isn't it? Because you would be the first Spanish guy that I know that would support a foreign team instead of Barça, Madrid, Atleti or whatever...
i was just thinking the same thing...

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Mendieta said:
Agreed.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Smoje said:
Absolutely Correct, I'm from Madrid (Spain), I'm a milan fan
What the? :wth:

Raul is NOT the problem. Against Juve, he wasnt even close to being the worst player as you claim. I personally thought Zidane, Figo, Beckham and especially Roberto Carlos were a hundred times worse and considering that Raul missed 3 out of the last 4 games due to the flu, he wasnt too shabby. I mean, the guy doesnt mess up every pass he gets or doesnt work hard or doesnt track back. I would say he played like crap if he missed chance after chanceor doesnt work hard but the problem is.......our forwards dont get chances due to our inept midfield. That is precisely why he goes missing upfront, he is practically a 5th midfielder trying to set up plays and help recover posession.If you look at Barca, they create tons more chances than us and of course they miss some and score some but with us, we on the other hand create jack shit.

I dont know if hes been instructed by Lux to do that but hes been doing it alot this season, actually he's been doing it ever since Ronaldo came. When Raul and Morientes were our starting forwards before that Galactico shit.... Raul was a second striker. I dont remember ever seeing him so far back in the midfield trying to recover balls because we had a hard working midfield with the likes of :heart: Redondo :heart: Savio, Karembeu, Guti, Macca, Geremi etc. all very hardworking horses but then when you have a converted central midfielder, a slow ball hog, and a slow player that declines by the second of course youre forwards arent going to shine. Ronaldo and Raul are having a horrible season precisely because of that. Ive been saying it all season long and i say it again, our problem is the midfield. We need a massive clearence in practically the whole midfield line and Gravy MUST stay !

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Problem is no hunger and nothing to prove in the players here.

We have better players than Barca, but they are 10 times more committed and hungry for trophies. That is the real problem in this declining club

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Ive Been saying this about Raul from the last 12 months
but when i read most of Real fans in here supported him due to blind love
regardless of his poor and invisible performance game in and game out
i decided not to post as often as i used before.

who s to blamed?
The socios they voted Perez as Prez (if im not mistaken he won by 95% support)
I bet you they will vote him back again, the Bernabeau will be pack this weekend again. They love to see their Galacticos
Perez himself ( ask Sagvy he ll tell you)
The players (mercenarios peseteros)
THe coach ( stick (starting 11) with old and injured players no matter what).
The captain ( he should lead by example (goals or at least some assists, i dont buy that $hit excuse like he works hard and runs all over the field, I can do that myself).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Get thread, Major, with well stated thoughts. For me at least though you don't have to claim your devotion to Raul before commenting. The TRUTH always defends itself.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
I personally thought Zidane, Figo, Beckham and especially Roberto Carlos were a hundred times worse and considering that Raul missed 3 out of the last 4 games due to the flu, he wasnt too shabby. I mean, the guy doesnt mess up every pass he gets or doesnt work hard or doesnt track back
this, my friend, might be the root of the problem for raul.
why was he even in the starting lineup if didn't play 3-4 games and was coming from a flu?
you can blame luxa for that, but i think it goes much deeper then that...
only time will tell, but i think luxa can pack his bags, no in madrid can bench raul...

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Raul....he is a has been
Beckham...not good enuff
Ronaldo is lazy and is not motivated
Get rid of da old bastards...they play for da $$$ instead of wins
Buy defenders and a D-mid and rebuild da team w/ younger players
Ike is not dat great

Dats your problemo

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
"Raul is NOT the problem. Against Juve, he wasnt even close to being the worst player as you claim....... I mean, the guy doesnt mess up every pass he gets or doesnt work hard or doesnt track back. I would say he played like crap if he missed chance after chance or doesnt work hard but the problem is......."

Hala M, you probably were typing faster than you were thinking when you posted this part. :jester: So I'll assume the above is NOT the new standard for being an offensive (as in NON-offending :proud:) player in RM's starting 11. Otherwise, I'll buy some cleats b/c I plan on cracking RM's starting 11 beginning in the summer. I doubt I'd miss EVERY pass or chance either.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Would the Real Raul please stand up

As long as Raul is an automatic first choice selection, your team will continue to struggle
Not only that but the message we send to our reserves is I dont care how good you are or how many goals you ll score as a sub you stay in the bench and watch Raul sucked big time on the pitch.

Can someone please tell ONE positive thing Raul did yesterday

He didnt even win the coin flip in the extra time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SambaLosAngeles said:
Get thread, Major, with well stated thoughts. For me at least though you don't have to claim your devotion to Raul before commenting. The TRUTH always defends itself.
I didn't want people to think I was coming here specifically to bash Raul as if I had something against him. I just wanted to start a discussion. I wonder what people feel about his place in the national team? This is wrong forum to ask that question though

1 - 20 of 78 Posts