Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real Madrid B won, Alvaro is back

Posición en la tabla: 1º (Campeón a falta de tres jornadas)
Alineación_Titular_del_Real_Madrid
Diego, Miñambres, Corrales (Meji 80´), Borja, César, Camacho, Valdo, Sousa, Chupe (Núñez 61´), Luis García (Portillo 66´) y Alvaro.
Goleadores:
Alvaro (0-1 min.40) y Luis García (0-2 min.64).

Not only did Madrid win a difficult match in Toledo, Alvaro returned to the field and even scored a goal :proud:

This summer will tell us if Alvaro will remain as a part of the first team squad or be loaned out or even sold :eek:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
El Nino,

Do you constantly follow the B team matches? If so, maybe we should set-up a thread for Real Madrid B results and discussions, but we really need someone who is constantly following those matches.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vampire Lestat said:
Do you constantly follow the B team matches?
Pretty much...I don`t always read match reports, but I always check out the results.

If so, maybe we should set-up a thread for Real Madrid B results and discussions, but we really need someone who is constantly following those matches.
That`s a great idea! Real Madrid B along with several youth tournaments, is the only way to find out how good those talents really are, except giving them a chance in the first team that is...

BTW, los madrileños pequeños secured the 1.spot with three rounds to go. This makes them campeones :cool: , but they still have to go through some kind of play-off system :eek: :confused:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Done! :)

Maybe not much games left this year, but i look forward to your Real Madrid B updates for next year as well! :happy:

If you disappear on us, i'll have someone track you in Madrid :D your our official XT scout....;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
el niño said:

That`s a great idea! Real Madrid B along with several youth tournaments, is the only way to find out how good those talents really are, except giving them a chance in the first team that is...

BTW, los madrileños pequeños secured the 1.spot with three rounds to go. This makes them campeones :cool: , but they still have to go through some kind of play-off system :eek: :confused:
Yes they play a liguilla. The top 4 in each group qualify for the liguilla so it doesn't matter if they finish first, what they have to do is win the liguilla (4 groups of 4 teams, winner of each group get promoted to Segunda A).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Real Madrid B was about 10 points clear the second place team for a couple of weeeks now. :)

Regarding goals scored:

Javier Portillo who wears no. 9 (Valdo use to wear it) - 14 goals
Luis Garcia who wears no 10 - 12 goals

I heard from someone who is based in Madrid that Real Madrid B is playing with the same formation the A team does, in their case they don't have a right winger (Valdo is not a true right winger) so Minambres has the whole right flank to worry about.

:)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Simone said:
I heard from someone who is based in Madrid that Real Madrid B is playing with the same formation the A team does, in their case they don't have a right winger (Valdo is not a true right winger) so Minambres has the whole right flank to worry about.
That`s correct.

--------------------Carlos

Miñambres--Rubén--César--Raúl Bravo

----------------Sousa--Borja

-------------Valdo-------------Ernesto/Alvaro

--------------Portillo---Chupe

Something like that, Núñez and Camacho also got a lot of playing time...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
36ª : 06/10/2002
Real Madrid 1 0 Mensajero
Posición en la tabla: 1º (Campeón)
Alineación_Titular_del_Real_Madrid
Diego, Miñambres (Valdo 9´), Rubén, Borja, Meji, Núñez, Camacho (Corrales 74´), Sousa, Alvaro, Portillo y Chupe
(Sestelo 60´).
Goleadores:
Sousa (1-0 min.85)

A goal from Sousa was the decider in a boring match between Real Madrid B and Mensajero. The first is already champion of the group, their rival was descended and behaved as one usually do in these cases. Both teams had a very relaxed approach to the game. The first half could easily be forgotten, although los canarios tried to leave their half more than they did in the second. The leader tightened up in midfield and fastened a grip on their opponents. But it wasn`t the day for Portillo, who was given a lot of attention from the canary defense. The goal arrived as a courtesy of a header from the captain blanco, Francisco Sousa.

Comments? :D

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
El nino, I think youve become a valuable commoity!

you can give us insight to the youth squad.

what do you make of Valdo, I heard that he's been compared to T. Henry both in looks and playing style. Can you give us your thoughts regarding this player

·
Registered
34 Posts
Raul Bravo plays at the left-wing position often and Corrales plays at the left-back position.

Carlos Sanchez
Minambres---Ruben---Cesar Navas---Corrales

Sousa-----------Borja
Valdo-----------------------------------Bravo

Luis Garcia------------Portillo

Minambres is seems to be their no. 1 corner kick taker and free-kick taker before Portillo started playing regularly. :) Before Portillo's arrival, Camacho is their no. 7 and plays at the right wing. Camacho and Minambres are the ones who usually deliberate the free-kicks.

Now, Sousa takes free-kicks and corners. Luis Garcia and Borja like to linger around and attempt to get a chance to take free-kicks. In the Lanzarote game though, Sousa gave Portillo a chance to take a free-kick. They drew 2-2 after being 2 goals up at half-time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
this is great.:cool:

I like the idea of a youth team following the formation of the senior team, unless it hampers the progress of a player.

Simone,

you live in Spain too?Give us your background.:cool:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Che said:
what do you make of Valdo, I heard that he's been compared to T. Henry both in looks and playing style. Can you give us your thoughts regarding this player
Like the young Henry (when he played in Monaco), Valdos primary position is the right wing, although he is not a pure winger (like Simone so rightfully said). He can play both as a lateral derecha cutting in from the right or as a mediopunta behind the forwards. Does he look like Henry? Well, look for yourself (see attachment). Can he be compared to Henry? Well, as I said he plays in the same position as Henry started out (right wing/support striker) and he is very technical (like Henry). However I think it is too early to give such a comparison...One thing is certain, though. Madrid has many talented right wing players as of now: Valdo, Ernesto (can also play lateral izquierda or mediapunta) and Julio Álvarez (Racing Santander).

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
cliffordil said:
If they fare well enough again, is it possible for them to meet us at Copa del Rey (again)?? :D
Reserve teams are not allow to enter Copa de Rey anymore. And I believe Uefa will not allow a "B" club to enter the Uefa cup as a domestic cup-winners either.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have tried to find a good place to follow Real Madrid B, either in Spanish or in English. Now i found this and i just wan't to say that this topic is really useful for me and i'm hoping to see news about Real Madrid B also in future.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I really hope el nino and the rest of the gang can keep up informed about the "B" team....It would be great :proud:

Why was Minambres substituted in the 9th minute? :confused: injury?

How is our future right back shaping up so far? :cool: can't wait for him to replace Salgado!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, you might just get your wish granted Vampire. There are reports that Geremi will be sold to Chelsea. :) That makes Minambres the automatic replacement for Salgado. One down, one more to go. :tongue:

Regarding how Minambres is skill-wise. He has good crossing abilities. He has been limited to diagonal passes lately to the front men because of the current formation. His diagonal passes are quite accurate though. Most of the time it ends up right at the feet of the left-winger (Bravo). :)

Since he was there no. 1 corner kick and free-kick taker (in consultation with Camacho), his delivery has been accurate. He shown it also in the Panathanaikos game. Too bad he hasn't been taking much lately. :depress:

He is also good in defense. Quite strong actually and can read the runs of attackers. At times, he and Ruben have communication problems. They end up colliding or at times Ruben gets left isolated at the right. That is the consequence of the new formation.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts