Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that all WC winning teams comes with a real Inspirational Leader within. Currently we have Maldini, captain of the team and AC Milan. Totti- Roma. ADP- Juve. Nesta- Lazio.

There are others in the team with great mental strength, who can also influence. Who do u think can stir up the tempo and the attitude during difficult matches.....especially the when the team is a goal or two down.

Baggio was in my mind (I m not bringing that topic back). Having to look ahead now, I wonder who could be 'The One'. Doni? Montella? or .........................:googly: :googly: :googly:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
This is an interesting topic. I'm not 100% sure what you mean though. Are you talking about a leader or someone who has a presence that will make the team feel more confident and play better the second he enters the field?
If you mean the former that I just mentioned then it's Maldini without a question. He's one of the best captains of our NT that I ever saw. He's also abit like the type of player that I mentioned as the latter, but I don't think a defender can't contribute so much in this way like a midfielder or attacker can.
In this case I agree with you that it is/would be Baggio, and it's been seen several times in the past but unfortunately he's not on the team. I think in this world cup Vieri will 'stir up the tempo and attitude' of the team during hard matches. Probably Totti also. In my view the team will look more confident when either or both of these guys are on the field. For me personally, as a fan, I will feel alot more secure in this sense when I see Montella on the field. When ever Vince comes on for the team I feel more relaxed and abit curious....to see what damage he will do to the opposition.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The real leader is ..

I Agree, Toro, Maldini is the real leader, cause, not only he's a great player, but he also someone who you'll choose to motivate the team when everyone feeling down..

So, I think, Totti or even Vieri or Montell and not even ADP (Although he share the calmness and wisdom like Maldini does :) )
, they can't be compare to the real captain in the NT..

Let see.. Totti: he's very temperamental guy.. who wants to have a leader that'll jeopardies your team, if he got kick out of the field??

Vieri: he just don't have the mental to be a captain.. we all see what he looked like on Inter last game.. he got frustrate a lot, if he can't score..

ADP: So, I admit he's cool (like Maldini) can't he motivate the team and be the leader?? For now..:rolleyes: I don't think so...

(again:confused: ) Baggio ?? come on.. get a grip.. no more debate on him :eek:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IL TORO said:
This is an interesting topic. I'm not 100% sure what you mean though. Are you talking about a leader or someone who has a presence that will make the team feel more confident and play better the second he enters the field?
Toro, what I meant was someone with the drive who can influence the others.....not necessary the captain...nor the super-sub.

Lots of discussions about able players who can win all the way. I would be asking also what will happen when we are losing. Who are the never-say-die attitude guys, that can push it all the way. Super-players does not equals to mental-strength. That I think , is essential in teams that wins. Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts