Xtratime Community banner

421 - 440 of 448 Posts

·
dinamo67
9,120 Posts
To the Aussie Hrvati. Was planning on going on a trip for a solid week one of the places we really would like to go to is Australia. I think we’d only have time for one city. With all biases aside Melbourne or Sydney. Which would you recommend if you only had one? Reading about them they both seem quite similar?
When you planning to go? I've got Sydney bias so of course I 'd recommend Sydney. Been to Melbourne a few times mostly for the Australian Open and its a great city. It has a European feel I guess if you want to call it with the trams (Construction of trams in Sydney is happening currently though) and alleyway cafes. It's also the hipster green tree hugging lefty capital of the world. :D They like to brag about how good their coffee is and how cultured they are.

Look though, you wanna stare at that brown poop they call the Yarra river or the beautiful Sydney harbour? When it comes down to it Sydney just looks better and is better. Plus the beaches and better weather. End of story. lol.

I'm sure this didn't help at all. :D

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
As a Melbournian I would say without any hesitation, Sydney.

Melbourne is the more liveable city of the two, but Sydney has the better weather and better attractions.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Another vote for Sydney. Just stay close to the city & the coast, don't stray west to places like Punchbowl, Edensor Park, Blacktown or Luddenham.

Jeez though, 1 week is a short stay for such a long flight. I know the flight well - had a girlfriend in NY many moons ago. Brother is living in NJ as well.

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
Ironic, because this Bosnian Serb douchebag was cheering and applauding as the State sanctioned Šimunić's free speech and as the Regime fined that tamburica singer because the precious snowflakes were "offended". He argued at length why the State should control speech and sanction expression that the State disagrees with.

He who lives by the sword.... karma's a bitch :yess:

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
rWvS3IVf77A

Here we go!

Cheers

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think someone here claimed to be "Slavonac from Canada" on CroatianSports.com a while back but i forgot who it was. Anyway, I'm loving your comments recently about Kvartuc and Zoric. I really can't stand Kvartuc, its like he lives in a fantasy world.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Ah ha ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The best is Kolinda saying:

She grew up in the Iron Curtain
She wasn't allowed to go to church but then in another interview said her love of singing started when she was a girl in the church choir
She felt oppressed because she didn't have as many choices of yogurt growing up

#ZDS!

·
dinamo67
9,120 Posts
Man these bushfires have been great. Shits been going for a months now. Every damn day the sky is filled with haze. Some days worse than others. Yesterday and today took the cake. Smell of fire and smoke, cant see anything in the distance. Eyes feel like they're burning when you go outside. Yellow apocalyptic view outside. Good luck to them asthma sufferers.

·
dinamo67
9,120 Posts
Anyone watch Chernobyl? Those white flakes that you see falling down. Looks very similar to whats happening here. Ofcourse its no where near the same. But another day now, outside looking like a zombie apocalypse. That constant fire smell. You really can't breathe in this damn thing.

I'm just venting here guys, I know no one is reading this.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,976 Posts
Anyone watch Chernobyl? Those white flakes that you see falling down. Looks very similar to whats happening here. Ofcourse its no where near the same. But another day now, outside looking like a zombie apocalypse. That constant fire smell. You really can't breathe in this damn thing.

Yeah, we had massive forest fires here in Sweden last year. It was quite a surreal feeling to be woken up in the middle of the night by the smell of fire. Had to get up and check just to be sure that the building wasn't on fire, then close all ventilation and try to get back to sleep.

Hopefully shit gets better for you soon.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Yeah, it's been shocking & no end in site. Huge areas of bush land destroyed/damaged by fire. Hundreds of houses damaged/destroyed not to mention the effect on wildlife, especially koalas. In the worst drought in recorded history so everything is dry & fires can start & spread easily. Unfortunately some of these fires are deliberately lit. Can't imagine what a sick [email protected] you must be to do that.

421 - 440 of 448 Posts