Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is one Iker Casillas! I can't even describe my admiration for this guy!

One of the top 3 golies in the world (a fact, not an opinion, regardless of the jealous disbelievers), fantastic attitude, always put under pressure and always proving his worth....I don't know what more to say.

With Samuel playing much better, Gravy's introduction and Luxo's coaching, he is getting a bit more support now, but no one can deny how consistent he has been for us past 2 years, how many times he single handidly won us games and/or points, how many big game saves he did for us.....

Perez better renew his contract sooner rather then later, he is one player we can't afford to lose. He has a chance to break some records for us and Spanish NT, i am proud of him and im not even Spanish!! :D

All hail our REAL Galactico: Iker Casillas

PS: Does he have any nickname? My mates call him the magician, for pulling out saves out of no where....;)

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Without Casillas, we're an average football club.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Shucks. I know how great Iker is. ;)

Alas alas alas! While all around the world people praise Iker for all the blood and sweat he shed for Madrid, Perez is the one fool who couldn't see past his poseur galacticos and realise who is the true one.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
His saves against Espanyol were amazing. Maxi looked like he was regretting playing the match. Probably he is the best keeper in Europe right now, along with Buffon.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
mrigank said:
Probably he is the best keeper in Europe right now, along with Buffon.
Yes, especially after Buffon's own goal against Atalanta :D

Seriously, Casillas is just unmatched :star: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
INFERNO_7 said:
Actually without your football team Casillas isa very average goalkeeper.
Strange post - obviously doesnt watch football!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
INFERNO_7 said:
Actually without your football team Casillas isa very average goalkeeper.
:dielaugh:

Would love to see you even attempt to explain how this makes sense :D

oh, and please make sure you know what sense means first! ;)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hala Madrid said:

Well even Casillas had a howler against Barca ;). No one is perfect, each one will make mistakes. But these two do not make mistakes so frequently and apart from that, they also make amazing saves which others do not.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
romafan53 said:
What gave it away, the Olympiakos avatar?
Nah, past experiances. :D If there's someone not able to give credit to Casillas those are the majority of serie A fans. Not saying tough, there aren't exceptions. ;)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mrigank said:
Well even Casillas had a howler against Barca ;). No one is perfect, each one will make mistakes. But these two do not make mistakes so frequently and apart from that, they also make amazing saves which others do not.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Hala Madrid said:

Casillas whilst having the best reflexes has a major problems with crosses and his distribution of the ball. I think what I have noticed is he doesnt let in the difficult ones but the simple ones seem to miraculously evade him. I think the problem is coaches neglect to coach him on certain aspects because he is so crucial in difficult times. He has made some serious howlers from lack of concentration in some matches example a recent freekick. Naturally he is the best goalkeeper around. He needs to perfect those aspects that coaches teach you or those that you pick on experience.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Zimhidzo said:
Casillas whilst having the best reflexes has a major problems with crosses and his distribution of the ball. .
This is now what I like to call a "myth". It's true that Casillas did look shaky on a couple of occassions last season (how can anybody communicate with Raul Bravo and Pavon? :rollani: ) but this season he has not had any problems with this area whatsoever. He is a very commanding presence now, with very, very, very little mistakes.

The best goalkeeper in the World for me.

People always claim Buffon makes fewer mistakes but that is nonsense. I guess they didn't see him against Atalanta or against Palermo at the weekend. :howler:

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
This is now what I like to call a "myth". It's true that Casillas did look shaky on a couple of occassions last season (how can anybody communicate with Raul Bravo and Pavon? :rollani: ) but this season he has not had any problems with this area whatsoever. He is a very commanding presence now, with very, very, very little mistakes.

The best goalkeeper in the World for me.

People always claim Buffon makes fewer mistakes but that is nonsense. I guess they didn't see him against Atalanta or against Palermo at the weekend. :howler:
He failed to communicate with R Carlos in the Camp Nou :lala:

Just trying to point out that everyone is bound to make mistakes.

Other than that I honestly believe he is the best!!! Buffon can't be compared. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like how some of you Spanish people who have had the misfortune of supporting an ETERNALLY UNDERACHIEVING SPANISH NT rave on about Spanish players as if the sun shines out of their ass.
Casiilas is an average goalkeeper in my opinion who would not stand out if he was playing for a less known team.
Having Good reflexes does not make youa great kepper, positioning and reading crosses are alsoan important ingredient.
But Why I bother explaining myself to guys like you is beyond me.
for 40 years Real Madris has bought success by buying the best FOREIGN players and when these foreign players have failed your team has bought the refs in europe. ( I wont go into detail though).
Keep giving you Spanish players world class status guys, in the meantime well just sit backand watch these so called world stars flop in the worldcupand European cup. God knows for 20 years now there is no safer bet that picking Spain with their world class players getting booted out of a major comp in the early rounds.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts