Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the guy, but his form hasn't improved that much since he recovered from injury (almost a year now). I think most people in this forum are either affraid to say that DP isn't the superstar he was before, or that they are just living in denial by looking hard for only 1 or 2 good things that DP done in all match (saying he defended well, took a good cornerkick,...).

The reason I post this message at this particulare time was because last night I watched a couple of my old juve videos. He had good speed, can take any defender one on one, and not affraid to take shots himself (not looking to assist). The DP of today is over weight for a footballer (don't tell me he isn't), lost couple of steps, and his goal scoring ability has dimineshed. While watching the old DP, I wanted to go Beat the hell out of that Undines player that injured him. That guy is personaly responsible for distroyed what could have been one the best players in the world (right now he is not, I can name more than 10 better players). I still think that DP can comeback if he works harder (loss wieght for example).

How about you guys, Are you satisfied with DP as he is right now? I am not, Juve needs more from him than taking setpieces.

And, How many goals(open play) would you expect from him next season? I think 15 goals is a reasonable benchmark for him.

Forza JUVE

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
oddly enough, i think the player you mentioned responsible (well, not exactly but played an unfortunate part) for DP's injury is our new signing, Marco Zanchi.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Funny you'd mention that, I've also been watching the old juve films, the glorydays with Lippi. And hell yeah, watching Del Piero back then, I cant recognize the guy when it comes to confidence, motivation and the speed. BTW, wasnt it Fiore who destroyed our goldenboy? Man imagine, what Del Piero would be now if he hadnt been injured.. but hey, the guy aint dead! I think Del Piero will be back to his old self. Just give him some time. All up to himself, he just haf to gain confidence in him self and loose a couple of pounds and then I believe his back.

I am satisfied with Del Piero, dont forget, he has recovered from a nasty injury. But I know that Alessandro Del Piero can perform so much better than this!

Forza Del Piero!

Hattrick against France!
Del Piero and Zizou, men of the match! :cool:

·
Registered
689 Posts
i'm a new user on this forum so maybe u guys won't take what i say so seriously, but i'm a great JUVE fan, probably the biggest in my country(Jordan), and i think that if italy win euro 2000, DP could soon be the DP of 97-98.
it would provide great confidence to the guy and he has given some great performances even when he has come in as a substitute for only 20 or 30 minutes.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I pray 2 God that the Del Piero we know will soon return. Hopefully it will be this season,(with the late kick-off in October sometime).

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
omaraj: Welcome man! :) Interesting what you say, if Italy win euro2000, well then this DP's confidence and morale just haf to rise! Maybe this will be DP's season. If DP finds his 97/98 form, we will be invinsible.. I hope :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The reason Del Piero had a poor season was because of his lack of confidence. Countless times, he has chosen to pass rather than shoot, when shooting would be a more viable option, and when shooting, many times shooting high and wide in desperation. The Lazio game in which we lost 0-1 is a good example of this. He has been under huge pressure to perform in the past year, and every time he misses badly it's a blow to his confidence. The goal against Parma was huge for him, you should have seen his face after he scored.

In the Turkey game I think we really saw the Del Piero of old in those 15 minutes. However I still think he's not the player you put in for the full 90 minutes alongside Inzaghi. You need a big strong maniac like Totti to start and Del Piero to come in later, but not too late.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
i believe that he doesnt really care anymore because he has reached all the goals he had in his mind probably.

it only takes a great player to be he highest paid footballer in the world. So now he just plays but doesnt dedicate what he is actually capable of.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hei Ramy !

It was`nt Fiore who destroyed DP, it was Zanchi (!!) The new signed Juve-defender.

To your information.....

Hadet på badet din gamle sjokolade !!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Our golden boy, my fav player, DP, is still a good player. I don't care what people say or whether or not DP scored any goals but i know he is and he's still a quality world-class player. i've never doubted him and imagine if he scores the winner during the final of EURO 2000.......man, that will be the perfect gift.

I always tell myself that it is so unfair that such a great player like DP has to go through all the injury and pressure. i just want to see him play football and i don't care if he scores or not. It's just lovely to see his silky dribbles and great set-pieces. Next season, i reckon he'll be back to his best after a long rest and with the magnificent Zizou in the team, juve don't have to worry about their attack.:)

Give DP some rest, leave him alone, and he'll show u what he can really do........

THE GRAND OLD LADY WILL BE BACK..........

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
DP DP DP DP DP DP DP DP DP DP DP DP DP DP?
CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE IS CRAP.
i am fed up of people bashinging inzaghi and praising del piero.
it is assinine.
overweight overgreedy overcrap overpaid
it is not the final that hgas brought on this onslaught from me.
it is just that i do not like him because he has had to "recover"
recover my ass.
no one needs that long to recover.
he had one good season and the rest?
just him living on a reputation.
be real. be smart.
recognise him for what he truely is
over rated

·
Registered
392 Posts
I really don't understand his style of playing. He likes to dribble the ball into defenders and in the process, loses the ball, rather than passing it to his team mates.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Watcher: You are an idiot. In fact I dont believe you have ever have seen Del Piero play when he was at his best, except from the final. If you just knew what the guy is cappable of you wouldnt say **** about that is over rated and stuff. I tell you if he finds his old self, it'll be glory times.

But now at the point yes, he just cant perform..

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
Ramy don't be an ass.
I speak the truth. i am not fickle either.
the truth is the truth.
You seem very hyper and therefore you don't think straight.

I am not a fool who is blinded.
You are.
Dp is not ashadow fo who he was for one season.
he was greedy even then. he just scored so it was okay.
I can't say i was not glad for the goals he scored at that time.
the point is he didn't surprise me in missing those goals. he has a lot of"issues" to deal with.

Overweight, overpaid, overego, overrated. overcrap.
he is living on a reputation.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
My hopes for next seasons Del Piero:
1- Ventrone and Agricola will design a speed boost programme in pre-season training for him. He needs it desperately. 2- He will score a goal in the first game. He REALLY needs confidence in front of goal.
He hasn't lost his skill. We all saw how flashy he could be last season, but he has definately lost his scoring touch.
Del Piero has shown too much potential to be a lost cause.
I miss him, but I still believe he will come back. If he has another season like this one next year, I will agree that we should think of other solutions, but not yet.

Ciao.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts