Xtratime Community banner

Who is/are the real culprit(s)

• Rexach. His tactics/ team selection are debatable

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • The players. We just don't have enough quality in our squad.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Both, Rexach and the players, are not good enough.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Bad luck. Too many injuries and bad luck in some games is the main cause for Barça failure.

Votes: 3 10.3%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another year without silverwere and with the qualifcation to next' years Champions league hanging in the air....
Who do you think is to blame for this situation?

·
Registered
879 Posts
GASPART!!!!! thats who

its no wonder that the best coaches don't want to come here, our star player leaves without even a whisper, only 'young naive south americans' are willing to move to the club.

In my mind 2 things need to happen for gaspart to be allowed to stay:

1) we must get a CL spot

2) we must have THE BEST summer signings of ANY club.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This poll is concerned only with things happening on the pitch. Obviously if Rexach is doing badly the president is responsible in a way and ultimately the "socis" who voted for him.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
What if Bassatt was selected?
Cruijff would've been our technical director. He would've signed Zidane (remember?). We would've signed decent players we actually needed. A real coach would've been signed, instead of clowns Serra Ferrer and Rexach. Basicly Gaspart(Joan ;)) is to blame for this mess!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Joan gaspart is a bad bad president what is his game plan we have spended heavily the last two years but how many of our players have stayed ???? The good signings in the last two years are saviola, Rochemback and Andersson it`s not his fault he is injured he is worldclass...

Compare that to Real they practically use the same squad every year they will become even better next year are Barca are back from scratch almost...

We are going to buy some new defenders and you all know that it takes time to make a good defence...barca.

But with Rexach away the future looks good things can only get better...

Cheers:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Krijn said:
... Cruijff would've been our technical director. He would've signed Zidane (remember?) ...
... but we wouldn't have Overmars! :stuckup: :rollani:

:depress: :depress:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
The main problem is that Gaspart can`t think longer than his nose reaches and is too much a poplusit. Gaspart choses the players without asking the coach. That`s one reason why an excellent coach like Serra Ferrer failed. The team needs calm ness and we`re also in a generation switch.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Gaspart, Rexach and the players we have are to blame.

Gaspart is not doing a very good job as President so far. He gave SF the job as coach who made a complete mess of the job. Then passed on the job to Rexach who hasn't really done that much better.

I actually like Rexach as a person, he speaks like a true fan and makes some funny quotes like us fans but I dont think he has the thing that makes a great coach. He has made some baffling team selections during the season. He has even annoyed some of the new players such as Saviola, Bonano and Christanval with his "crazy" selections and his obsession with constantly chopping and changing the side. His substituions have been bizarre as well.

The current squad, IMO, just isn't good enough. There is too much silk and not enough iron. We need more players with heart and we failed to take our chances we had them.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Gasparts a lier! he said he would consider giving up the presidentcy spot if we won nothing an he havent nothing an he hasnt considered leaving.

about bassatt, he had everything right to have the success we deserve. how did gaspart win knowing he was gonna bring cruyff, zidane an aimar (remember in the team that both the candidates drafted before the election). must of been some dodgy voting because the fans would surely want bassatt. it would be injustice if gaspart wins the next presidential election (when is it?) an im 100% behind bassatts next campaign. the voters have probably learned there lesson an unless gaspart performs miracles he should be elected.

also is bassatt loaded and willing 2 invest into the club?

i feel so strongly about this club an it pains 2 see the way gaspart runs it

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
well to be honest we did play really well in the two matches.you can say that we were a bit unlucky, when we had a header hitting the bar and than in the second leg another shot hitting the bar..... and Real did play counter attack at the nou camp but we had the max of the chances but failed to convert any of them... we were possitive and played possitively..... i wont blame any one for the two CL matches but for the season we can blame Rexy in a way... i think it is time for Barca to go look for a better coach who isnt from Barcelona..... and barca can be blamed for their inconsistancy throughout the season..i dont think we won 3 mathces in a row...... we have a young squad full of youth and talent and we have a great season.......

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Nuñez is the one to blame.
He threw Cruyff out and brought Robson followed by VG, who filled the team full of crap and killed off the youth team. Since then we've had to put up with frog face, the monster of this Dr Frankenstein in the form of the current president, who's still attacking Real Madrid when relationships between the two clubs are better than they have been in years. He'll do anything to divert attention from a bad situation (no trophies, merengues on verge of another CL, no money, perhaps no CL and loads of crap players with an enormous wage bill that nobody wants - not to mention Serra Ferrer's wages).
BTW
Latest news from Camp Nou, according to TV3 is that Rivaldo and Kluivert are going while Barça are signing Jardel, Portillo from Real Madrid and some French goalkeeper (I think we've already got one).
And wait for it ........................................... they are negotiating with old cheese face himself - Van Gaal to be the next manager.
Enough said.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Real will never allow you to take the phenom Portillo!

he's the future!

·
Registered
879 Posts
somebody above said we were unlucky. I'm sorry but this excuse might work ok for 1 game.. but it doesn't keep working. Every team is unlucky. Real Madrid were unlucky against bayern munich for the for 50+ minutes, then they 'got lucky'??

I think you make your luck (for the most part). This unlucky excuse doesn't work when these two matches were a good example of many many big games in the past few years (ie valencia). I don't anymore get to see as many games as you guys, tell me I'm wrong.

As for kluivert leaving, I'll believe it when I see it.

I hope his wife stays, I don't mind her.

If two trophy-less seasons could cost the best coach in the world his job in 96, then how can a president continue for 2 seasons without one either in 2002.

·
Registered
390 Posts
man buyin jardel will only make things worse cuz hes only any good in the portuguese league n he prob be good in the english league wit his headers n all that, but he wouldnt do $hit in la liga, n all hed do was complain as he always does...
altho i think great blame is on rexach n his crazyass lineup choices, the players also hafta take the blame as even when (altho very rarely) rexach chooses the correct lineup many times the players dont perform... wtf is he thinkin playin FDB n abelardo together? i really cant say i understand what the hell he is thinkin, but at least the season is almost over n we only have to deal wit him for a couple more games... gaspart on the other hand...
the prob wit barca start at the top (gaspart) he is a stubborn prick, n he is really fukkin over the team, n hes gonna be here till we have elections so i guess well have a couple more mediocre yrs ... isnt there any sort of impeachment **** for this guy? :)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Gaspart is an idiot. So was Nunez, but at least he gave us a few trophies.... And we had money.... With JG even that's gone....

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
ofcourse bad luck

1 - 20 of 29 Posts