Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's an interesting article in AS today about the behaviour of the clubs and the players in some situations.

This article suggested that Cristiano Ronaldo is the one to blame for all the mess between Manchester United and Real Madrid. The Portuguese player signed a new contract last summer. A good contract, but after the year he had, he thinks he's not enough, because he considers himself (and, probably, it's true) he is the best player of the world right now.

It's evident that Madrid kept contacts with the player, which is not nice for Manchester United, but it's also true that it's Cristiano Ronaldo who is playing with everyone, making comments like "I will decide my future in 2 weeks" and "I'd like to play in Spain" and things like this. It's Cristiano Ronaldo who is putting himself in the market and all this aside the good or bad behaviour of Real Madrid in all this situation.

Cristiano Ronaldo has opened an auction to sell himself and he does one year after he renewed with his club. A club that would have paid him his huge salary, if he had suffered a ligament injury this season.

At the end, who should Manchester Utd blame? Real Madrid or Cristiano Ronaldo himself? I always thought that the players are the ones who blame. Real Madrid may not have the cleanest attitude here, but if they're acting this way, it's because they actually talked to the player and he never closed the door.

It's a win-win situation for Ronaldo, because he wants more money and he doesn't really care if it's in Manchester or Madrid. He just allows this situation, because the clubs are hitting each other while he takes profit of it.

Hey, it's fair. All of us like to earn more money, but I think people lose the perspective. Real Madrid are not acting like they should, but it's Cristiano Ronaldo the one that allows this mess, staying quiet or saying opposite things, depending on where he talks.

Cristiano Ronaldo is just an example here. The whole point is that the players should not get free of blame in these situations.

·
THE
14,123 Posts
boot incident nr 2.

Naturally the players are also to blame (and their relatives "agents"). this case is intresting that CR is playing against Ferguson and Ferguson does not seem to be a dude you can toy with.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Real Madrid are more to blame because they should have more integrity than individual players.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
that's like blaming the robbers for all the crime rather than the government for plying such policies which could abolish robbery from the society.

yea, we do blame the robbers but their are bad hungry starved trannies all around the world. you can't correct them but you can correct the setup.

it's purely down to Real Madrid.

ps: did that make sense? :D

·
63,337 Posts
I understand nEEbz, if someone nicks your car then blame Gordon Brown. :D

·
63,337 Posts
it gets too confusing, let's just all blame Bush and keep it simple.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Bush is leaving a few months. your making it more complex. atleast in case of Musharraf, unless someone goes and shot's a bullet through his head, he'll be glued with the chair.

ps: was that too political? :pp

·
63,337 Posts
someone glued him to his chair, now that's what I call humanitarian terrorism. :pp

I think I'll go and selotape Brown to a lamppost.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I think Ronaldo is a prick who is toying with both club, fans, and media. He just want more money which is fine but the way he's trying to get it is ugly.

United built him, Ferguson took 18 years old show pony and made him the best player in the world, and all he do in return is flirting with other club and trying to milk Man United for every penny they can offer him.

Best player in the world but also one of the most ungrateful players out there.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
I think Ronaldo is a prick who is toying with both club, fans, and media. He just want more money which is fine but the way he's trying to get it is ugly.

United built him, Ferguson took 18 years old show pony and made him the best player in the world, and all he do in return is flirting with other club and trying to milk Man United for every penny they can offer him.

Best player in the world but also one of the most ungrateful players out there.

United built Beckham, Scholes or Giggs but they didn't build CR. But I guess you wouldn't know much because you've started watching him when he started playing at the EPL.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
United built Beckham, Scholes or Giggs but they didn't build CR. But I guess you wouldn't know much because you've started watching him when he started playing at the EPL.
Of course they didn't raise him as a kid but you can't deny the transformation he did under Ferguson.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Of course they didn't raise him as a kid but you can't deny the transformation he did under Ferguson.
They payed £12M for him. He was already an established player.

He became the best in the world because he played with and against world class players. He could have done the same had he played for any other big team as well. He was built by Sporting.

·
Registered
897 Posts

He became the best in the world because he played with and against world class players. He could have done the same had he played for any other big team as well. He was built by Sporting.
Established? He only 31 games for them lol.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Everyone's guilty. Football is just a really ugly business and if you follow it outside of the matches themselves it can be a real put off. Like Minguella said, if you want to be in football you have to be a good liar.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Not the players, not the clubs... that old foe...THE AGENTS!!!

Heres how it goes :

Agent: Hello Real Madrid, i represent Christiano Ronaldo and you know what he said today... 1 day hed like to play in spain

RM : Ronaldo is a brilliant player, who wouldnt want him

Agent : OK

(2 mins later)

Agent : Hiya Dorothy (Alex Fergusons and the club chairmans sexy 66 year old secretary), Real Madrid said they would love, infact no, they want ronaldo.. NOW...so tell ALex and thouse Double Glaziers Real Madrid want him and he wants to go

Dorothy : Ronaldo said he was happy, everyone is happy

Agent : He isnt now. I demand him to go or I demand a new contract. You have 24 hours.

Dorothy: (Worried) Ok ill see what the main man says, P.S How is Ronaldo recovreing after Park Ji Sun ate his dog ?

Agent : Fine, Ronaldo cried all over him and drowned him

Dorothy : Ok, bye

(2 mins later)

Agent : Hello Real, Ronaldo wants to go an Man United have accepted he must go/

Real Madrid : Brilliant, we will; put in an offer of 45 million euros now

Agent : Man United said they would only accept 120 million because they said they know how special agents are and ewant to get their 20% asap and give them a nice life/

Real Madrid : Thats a bit steep, we may have to save enough money to afford Michael Ricketts wages remember.

Agent : You know you want to, ill tell them ok

Real Madrid : But...

(Phone dead)

(2mins latre)

Agent : Hello Dorothy

Dorothy : Oh hello

Agent : They offered 20 million euros, but Ronaldo said if it was upto hi, ,hed go on a free transfer

Dorothy : WOW, i cant believe this

Agent : Look, im a cool guy, i reckon i can get them upto a bit more if we sort out a deal. If I can have 90% of the fee, il lget them upto 120 million euros.

Dorothy : Thats a rubbish deal

Agent : thats the way it has to go, either that or your little love triangle between the refs boss and SAF gets out, i heard his abuse after the pompey game.

Dorothy : Ok you win

(2 mins later)

Agent : Theyll onyl accept 150 million euros and it has to go through me

Real Madrid : Man this has gone quick but ok

( 2 mins later)

Agent : Christiano

Ronaldo : Yes my darling

Agent : Youre going to Madrid

Ronaldo : I dont want to, I said I wanted to go once in my career, probably to Murcia. Or at least do a Beckham and do nothing.

Agent : Tough, and they have a different system over there

Ronaldo : The ref pays the manager ?

Agent : No , The wages go to the agent and I decide how much of it you deserve

Ronaldo : Ok, sound fair to me... Oh and 1 other thing, Noone will eat my dog will they ?

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Established? He only 31 games for them lol.
He joined Sporting when he was a kid and we built him just like we built players like Paulo Futre, Luís Figo, Simão Sabrosa, Ricardo Quaresma, Miguel Veloso, João Moutinho and on and on and on and on.

It's very hard to think of another team with the same consistency in the last 25 years but I guess that for people that only know about one team in the northwest of England it's really a little bit too much to ask them to be aware of that.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Dorothy: (Worried) Ok ill see what the main man says, P.S How is Ronaldo recovreing after Park Ji Sun ate his dog ?
:howler::howler::howler:

Quaresma went to Barca at the same age and failed, Ronaldo could also have failed if he went to a big team with no patience. That's why i give credit to United and Ferguson.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
La_Fad, that totally sucked. Not even one single funny line. Brutal, man. How long did that take you?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Sporting Lisbon president Filipe Soares Franco says Cristiano Ronaldo is now unrecognisable to the player he sold to Manchester United in 2003.

"I am unable to recognise the Cristiano Ronaldo who left Sporting. Sporting is good at development, but he has responded to playing for Manchester United," said Soares Franco.

"I watched the game with Roma and, for me, Manchester, which had eleven on the field, now have eight of the best players in the world.

"Cristiano Ronaldo has become No1 by being at Manchester United, playing in the best league in the world and by playing every year in the Champions League."

1 - 20 of 38 Posts