PS: Ever hear of a basketball?

·
Registered
8,912 Posts
Nothing wrong with mixing up training a little bit

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
practicing Rob-and-mock acmerda using hands....

Watch for it.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From their positions I believe they are playing the common playground game of "21"

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
I wonder if Stankovic managed to hit the backboard or if he kept his tradition of sending the shots high and wide... :undecide:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well, basketball is a big thing in Argentina.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
^ oh really crack,

So the team must be playing Polo on Zebras next :rolleyes:.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At least that dude has a real basketball...Moratti spend some bucks and make it happen...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
And he hangs out with real ballers.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And he hangs out with real ballers.

They haven't the slightest clue who the f he is.

When Milan and Juventus came to NY for the SuperCup a few years ago, they walked around a mall in New Jersey and were not stopped the entire time.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
The only reason Garnett even cares is because they both promote Adidas.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
At the end of Monday's practice, Italian soccer legend Alessandro Del Piero made an appearance and hung out with the players. While Celtics newcomers Kevin Garnett and Esteban Batista are both huge soccer fans who knew who Del Piero was, Batista said most of his teammates probably had no clue. The striker is arguably the best soccer player in Italian history, is Juventus' all-time leading scorer and has won seven Italian championships. After an NBA official explained Del Piero's background, Celtics coach Doc Rivers described him as "the Kevin Garnett" of Italian soccer.
Garnett and Del Piero seemed to really enjoy interacting with one another as they joined in on an interview and took numerous pictures. While Piero kicked the soccer ball around with Garnett and fellow Celtics Paul Pierce and Ray Allen, Pierce accidentally nearly kicked the ball in Garnett's face. It was also interesting to see the 6-foot-10 Batista, who played goalie in his native Uruguay, sheepishly ask Del Piero to autograph a soccer ball for him.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Congratulations, ADP is the "Kevin Garnett". KG has yet to win an NBA championship, btw. I guess getting sent to Serie B leaves one begging for any type of praise, eh. ;)

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Indeed, he is a bigger world star then all of them put together due to how popular football is. So not knowing him doesnt really mean shit considering its one of the few locations in the world, world reknowned football players wouldnt be recognized.

I remember some old funny thing Raul said in going to honey moon/vacation in the US or something, that it was very refreshing to be unknown average joe in San Fransisco, when he would more likely be chased around like mad everywhere else in the world.

Gaetan, I cant believe just because of that typical PR comment of a basketball coach who doesnt know DP, and only wanted to be polite, that you decided to shamelessly attempt to insult TWO sporting legends. Garnett not winning titles mean shit, he is the most consistent, versatile and in overall most complete player in NBA. No one hardly touches him in how insanely complete he is, and him sticking around with a minnow team and not winning titles means shit, I dont need to follow NBA to know he has been more or less the best player in many years still. Title or no title, he is the alpha man basketballer and close to perfection.

Btw, when reading the bio of Juve players in the site, its suprising how many of them are NBA fans. I already knew Del Piero was, he has talked about one of his friends being Steve Nash (who is in turn is a big football fan), and in general about basketball. And Milan players like Abbiatti, Gatusso and Ambrosini I have seen in the stands of NBA finals. Italians love their basketball it seems.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that makes NY look bad, not Del Piero.
Not really. People in the US could careless about soccer/football, they have football, baseball, hockey, Nascar, & Golf & to an extent tennis that all come in priority before football. So why does it make it look bad? You have to understand that unlike in other nations, the US press and media is very inward looking and do not make it a priority to cover the world. I do agree that the US needs to be more global in their press coverage and attention. But as far as being ignorant for not knowing Del Piero, they at most know Beckham, Zidane, and Maldini, and that's because of their fame.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
The ignorance of americans is a well documented fact so their lack of knowledge is no surprise

they actually think the world cup is smaller than the super bowl

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJuNgBkloFE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJuNgBkloFE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

1 - 20 of 48 Posts