Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Most of the english football forums seem to be very quiet :eek:. I personally don't think your forums can compete with the english football fanzines like NO ADVERTIZING And the english football fans you have, don't seem to be very knowlegeable about the premiership.

It obviously doesn't help when your moderators support 3 or 4 teams in their profile :rolleyes:. YOU SUPPORT ONE TEAM. Too many fans are only supporting football because its fashionable.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, its just constructive criticism. ;)

Thanks

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Fowlerisgod...how should I put this so that you wont be offended :undecide:
You can take your sweet forums, and stick'em up somewhere :boxing:
We like our forums like they are, and we're sorry that we can't keep up with the measures for knowledge about English football.
Thank you for enlightning us :finger::ass::finger:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Fowlerisgod said:
football because its fashionable.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, its just constructive criticism. ;)
What is constructive by saying these forums can't compete with other boards and that the posters aren't knowledgable enough ? it's nothing but a boring post with no point. Xtratime has over 9000 members and more than 50,000 threads. it's true that the English section isn't as lively as the Italian one for instance, but it's not the quantity, but the quality that counts. i am a regular visitor at Koptalk but never post there, and with that board being the best Liverpool one in terms of quantity, i am not gonna lose my sleep over not seeing half of the posters there who do nothing but harm.

And that remark abut supporting more than one team..well, not everyone can be great fans as much as the guy who already calls their newest purchase god. :rolleyes: people can support as many teams as they want, it has NOTHING to do with their footy knowledge and this might be the dumbest remark i've seen here in ages.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
The reason why you claim that such websites that you gave is more superior than Xtratime is because they simply discuss their clubs in their respective fanzines. You have to aware that in here, we cater for fans from all over the world, who supports different clubs from different leagues. In the so called koptalkforums.com, you can only chat about Liverpool and practically nothing else. To be fair, you should only compare similar websites and football forums. And you will notice that we are faring relatively well against some other football forums.

paw;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry

Don't get me wrong, i think these forums are excellent, a great read.

Its just my opinion. ;)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
It's okay. We welcome you here if you wish to continue posting here.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Welcome to the forums:)

I hope you like your stay here, check out the community part of the site as well;)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I have been experiencing problems in the chat as well. I don't no why, but i mostly use MSN anyway;)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Christian said:
Anyone realised problem with the chat lately, it jsut wont work.
We know about the Chat problem,,,and we're trying to see what it takes to get it going if that is feasible... Thanxs for bringin it up !! :smileani:

·
International
9,526 Posts
Fowlerisgod said:
And the english football fans you have, don't seem to be very knowlegeable about the premiership.

/B]

I'd like to dispute that. Every forum in the English Section contains fans who know their club top to bottom, whilst possessing a very good knowledge of what is going on with the rest of the clubs in the league.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
He may not have said it in the best way, but if we want to improve these forums and make it the best, then you have to listen to the other side's story too and try to take some tips of how it can be done.

Its a bit exaggerated but, he has some point in what he said. its true that there are English forums out there with a lot of posters and they dont choose this forum so there must be a reason for that.

here are also few Entlish forum members that are English in fact so we have less knowledgeable members compard to other forums.

Also about the supporting 3-4 teams in your profile idea, I would agree with him to some extent. I dont care if somebody does support 3-4 teams, its very natural, but the fact is English people are very fanatic supporters of their team and they may not like that fact here.

Anyways, the whole point is, he may be right or not, but the thing is if we scare away everyone that comes with a critism whther it be right or wrong in your view, they are still arguing a point. And if we dont accept that, then that means, these forums are perfect and no improvements are needed, which we know is not true.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Well, you do have a good point. We do have to listen to criticism, even when our first response is an emotional one.

Anyway, well said Carlito.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I must say I agree in one aspect - I can't stand people having more than one team in their fav team bracket:irritate: I strongly believe you support one team. You may sympathize with other teams, but I cannot understand supporting more than ONE team:embarass: Call me crazy:nervous:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts