Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jenei "Italy is a tank!"
Emerich Jenei, coach of surprising Romania, able to pass the round sending home England and Germany, knows what his team must to do to pass the round "We need to run more and to be smarter, even more than in the previous matches!"

"Italy is a great team, but like we defeated England, we'll try to do the same with Zoff's squad! Even Italy has some weakness faces and we'll work to cancel the strongest ones! Besides we haven't anything to lose, while all the pressure is on the Azzurri's shoulders!" Jenei added.

"They are a kind of tank, but even a tank could be destroyed, they are not invincible! Anyway I have an hope: I am a great fan of Del Piero and I was surprised to see him benched. Now I just hope he could stay out next Saturday as well!".

Gheorghe Hagi, star of the Rumanian team, agrees with his coach "Italian team is full of champions, but maybe Del Piero is a bit better than the other ones. My team mates made me a great gift taking a place in the quarter-finals, now I want to repay them in the next match!".

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
As Italy has performed probably the most consistantly out of the final 8, they would have the most pressure. I know they haven't played the harder teams like France, Holland and Spain have but still we look very good. There is no reason why Italy can't beat Romania, except if Inzaghi and Albertini still get a game. It will be a good game, Hagi is the danger man and Del Piero if he plays is for Italy.

G

·
Since this is a very important game, Zoff will probably leave Del Piero on the bench and play the totally un-effective Inzaghi upfront. Totti will partner him and Fiore as attacking-midfielder or playmaker. Montella did well against Sweden, but should start from the bench, but DP should definitely start ahead of Inzaghi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts