12 games yet to play

Palermo 43
Juventus 41
Napoli 41
Sampdoria 40
Cagliari 38
Genoa 38
Fiorentina 35
Chievo 35 (I include them just because they have as many points as Fiorentina)

who will make it?

#4 ·
On their current starting team I would love Palermo to get it, but my main fear would be that some of the good players like Pastore, Kjaer, Cavani and co. could leave in the summer and then a team of 4th place gets replaced by one of 8th potential and doesnt do well in the CL.

Napoli always look to build, and I am sure they would do their best to keep the main players if they reached CL, and build on the team. I would want either of them 2, also for the passion of the fans to show great atmosphere in CL.

#15 ·
If Palermo make it to 4th place there is no way they will sell in the summer they would want to keep their squad at least until the winter and see how they will do in the CL. Believe me if the players have worked so hard to get into the CL im sure they would want to reap the benefits and make history with palermo playing in CL for the first time.

I think this is very important for Italy as we need to have a great CL and EL year next year in order to keep the pressure from Germany overtaking us.

If Napoli and Palermo with a favorable draw and the right transfer market they can do pretty well as they have a forbidable home record.

Id really like Fiorentina to make it, because of their good european campaign so far, but I think it has hampered them. Still I am confident they will be back hopefully next year.
Juventus I hope they make it purely, because they have the European coefficient to be seeded (along with Fiorentina) and can make it farther then Palermo/ Napoli.

Here is how I rank how much I want each team to qualify:
1) Fiorentina
2) Juventus
3) Napoli
4) Palermo
5) Sampdoria
6) Genoa

7) Cagliari
8) Chievo
For EL I hope
1) Fiorentina
2) Palermo
3) Napoli
4) Sampdoria

#11 ·
I fear that the unfortunate lose against Milan explains itself that we can't even think of finishing 4th this season.

#12 ·
I still think that Juve will finish 4th place and Napoli drop down. Fiorentina, Samp or Genoa for the 5th place.

I hope I don't jinx this.

#13 ·
No, we will cheat our way to 6th.

#14 ·
well Fiore are now 8 points off...but i can still see them making it if they have a great end to the season...they got all the tools, and especially if they are eliminated from the CL

otherwise, i would love to see Palermo...but as somebody already said, Napoli would be the more confident bet as they are stronger financially and have greater chances to hold on to their stars AS WELL AS buy some new ones

no to Juve!

#22 ·
if Samp makes it, they would have the least chance of progress...for success in such tournaments, you need atleast one or two cracks, aka game changing players...they got Cassano, but i don't think he will remain in the club for much

Fiore have it in Jovetic and Mutu...Vargas and Montolivo in a lesser extent

Palermo got Pastore and Miccoli...Cavani to a lesser extent
Napoli got Lavezzi...and Hamsik as a goalscorer

because of this reason, Genoa may also struggle to progress

#25 ·
of course Cassano is a game changing player, they only lost one match since Del Neri dropped Cassano........

#26 ·
Cassano is better then every player these other 4th place challenging teams have, no player in Viola, Palermo, Napoli or Samp is as good as him. That he is a spoiled nut is another thing.

#29 ·
I agree. But add Fiorentina to that. At least they went out gracefully.

#30 ·
Fiorentina is too far back at the moment and they have to play Inter and Milan still, but if they can get a good run together they can make a late challenge I hope they do :thumbsup: they also have the best coefficient out of the 4 so they will surely be seeded... juventus it depends on the other teams while Palermo and Napoli will definetly be unseeded.

#33 ·
Who cares? Whoever finishes 4th will do well to qualify through to the group stage. May aswell save the embarassment and give Germany the 4th spot already. At least they care.

#37 ·
well Deano tbh, a team with money still has a better chance to have success than another team without money in the long-run. You can't deny that. Also, I think there may be changes this summer or the next at Juventus so in the end they will be important for Italy as one of two teams with money like it or not.

A lot of people shit on Juventus because of their Fulham exit but I think this could have happened to anyone with that many injuries. I am not persecuting Juve as everyone is because I know they were 1-2 healthy players away from winning that tie...

#40 ·
If Palermo hang on to this team and get a midfielder who can replace Simplicio and a defender alongside Kjaer then they could do reasonably well in the CL.

#42 ·
Well I also like their coach, Delio Rossi. So this time maybe they can maintain their consistency, however you are right that a team like Palermo doesnt last this way for too long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.