Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate looking at that Doncaster thread whenever i look at the main football league forum, so i thought id create a new thread for the summer.

So far we have pre season friendlies against York, A tour of Ireland, Rotherham,Barnet adn Darlington and the home game still to come (ussually a premiership team)

Hoping we can make some decent signings this summer, especially after last summer.

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
02/08 FCV Dender - Leeds United

The stadium of FCV Dender is about 12 miles away from my place, so I will be there :D

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted your points on the Leeds forum Tom if they knew anything.

They didnt and arent happy with the club.

S'all good!

:D

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
The game will be played at Elland Road if I may believe a friend working for FCV Dender. The works at their stadium are still busy, so all their friendlies are played away from home.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the friendly against lokeren was always going to be at ER so the other team should be hte same.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
1-1 at York tonight, typical early pre-season game. Beckford scored Sodje(?) equalised.

York: Ingham, Purkiss, Robinson, Kelly, McGurk, Sodje, Greaves, Farrell, Woolford, Wilkinson, Elam. Subs: Parslow, Mimms, Hogg, Rusk, Brodie, Henderson, Boyes, Shepherd, McWilliams, Beadle, Radcliffe.

United (1st half): Ankergren, Richardson, Parker, Douglas, Bayly, Huntington, Prutton, Sweeney, Beckford, Weston, Hughes.

United (2nd half): Martin, Gardner, Sheehan, Michalik, Westlake, Kilkenny, Howson, Johnson (Elliott 87), Carole, Showunmi, Robinson. Subs: Sorsa.

Referee: Jon Moss.

Att: 4405 (2387 Leeds)

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1342408,00.html

Johnson went off injured but he looked good before that

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you go tonight Shory ?

I went and was mixed about the performance... I tihnk the main thing to come out of this is that Robinson is a fat little shit who needs to lose some weight. I dont wanna see people like that at my football club.

Maybe his size doesnt help him but he did look at least a stone or 2 overweight.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Did you go tonight Shory ?

I went and was mixed about the performance... I tihnk the main thing to come out of this is that Robinson is a fat little shit who needs to lose some weight. I dont wanna see people like that at my football club.

Maybe his size doesnt help him but he did look at least a stone or 2 overweight.
Yeah I went. We played them this time last year as well and this one was better than that one no doubt...

Robinson did look off the mark, but I think the off-season effects different players in different ways. Some people are naturally fitter people whilst others have to work harder to build up after the off-season - Beckford for example looked quite sharp but just lacked 'match' fitness, whilst Robinson looked like he falls into the latter category.

All in all we can't be too unhappy about the game even though we only drew, not in the context of an early pre-season game anyway.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He was good on the ball but just seemed lathergic to me.

Didnt really see Beckford as I got to the match late and wasnt even concentrating when we scored.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Well as there is no point in starting a thread for the Scunthorpe is it already happened game it might as well just add this here... though nobody seems to come here any more anyway...:sigh:

The first half was bad, didn't really create much at all. Second we played well and created a lot of chances with some decent passing and, despite going 1-0 down, we came back and won 2-1 thanks to goals from Showunmi and Beckford. Becchio came on right after the winner and looked good!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah no point creating one.. Didnt get a ticket so couldnt go but played well 2nd half apparntly.

Richardson is a no-go for captaincy.. so they say.

I take it you went pal.. Views on owt ?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Second half was definitely better than the first. In the second we looked good. Prutton was everywhere as always. As for the new guys, they seemed to do well overall.

Becchio only got 10 mins or so but he won all of his headers easily and had a good touch too. He seems to work hard and was strong... which is what various people said after seeing him in Ireland. I can see him and Beckford being good as a duo, though in fairness Showunmi had a decent game in the 2nd half (though he does seem to do things by accident at times!).

Despite not having a good 1st half, we could have won by a few more; the Scunthorpe keeper made several good saves and by all accounts dropped the ball over his line in the 1st half (you couldn't see it properly from the other end).

Now for Chester on Tuesday in the League Cup... they lost 6-0 today.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds alright then.

Showumni seems a better than Kandol but still not as good as Beckford.. Although Kandol scored today.

Wouldnt be so sure about Chester, well probably lose now. Although I want to win (obviously) and get a championship side in the next round to see how we fare.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
regarding to your signature, can you tell me how leeds become the most hated among the english clubs? what are the measurements, standards, factors....etc?

do you think that the writer of this article hates leeds united or something like that?

how do you feel( leeds fan) when you read such thing in a newspaper of the Sun? :)

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it was a poll that asked a number of fans who they most hated and most liked and why.

Dont know the exact measurements.

The article was written as a result of the poll I think, but the writer probably does hate us.

How does it make me feel... Proud. I love to be hated.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
I think it was a poll that asked a number of fans who they most hated and most liked and why.

Dont know the exact measurements.

The article was written as a result of the poll I think, but the writer probably does hate us.
that`s what i thought too, the writer may hate leeds and find it a very good time to throw his feeling after this poll. :pp

How does it make me feel... Proud. I love to be hated.
:D

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What utter shite, first time ive seen the goals since the match.

I was reading the program and jsut heard some retards start cheering ,turned out Oldham had scored their first goal, what a joke it was.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts