Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is going to be the biggest name in the world cup 2002?

in 98, it was zidane.

i have to tell you all that Juan Sebastian Veron is going to be the best player in the world that year and will lead argentina to a world cup victory.

who do you think will be bigger than veron?

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Veron is defintely a prime candidate. As is Lopez and Crespo for Argentina. Other possibilities in my opinion include Kluivert who is going to be 25. Raul might be even better by then, who knows. I have a feeling Raul will be at the same stature Ronaldo was in World Cup 98... a HERO. (if he isn't already).

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe, but midfielders tend to be the biggest stars in the world. they steal the show in big competitions.

D

·
0 Posts
A few Dutch players.

Davids will make his mark for sure during 2002, just like France 98, behind Zidane the best midfielder of that tournament. Overmars will be 29, in his prime and will for the last time de devastating down the left, Cocu will be a World-class player by then.

Van Nistelrooij will surely make his mark, frustrated of missing out on Euro 2000 in his home country, he'll then show the whole world what he is capable of, having by then won already numerous prizes with Man Utd and having won goldenboot in the Premier League.
And Kluivert, will do where Bergkamp left-off, so he will then be Holland's biggest star.

Also watch out for Boudewijn Zenden, but he'll again be competing with Overmars, Holland will then have 2 World-class left-halfs/wingers.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
DriverX: A couple of things:

1) Davids was not the second best at WC98 in my opinion, if you saw what Boban did for Croatia, you might agree with me.

2) Van Nisterooy will probably not go to Man U because of his injury, they'll put some else on their list. And when he comes back it's going to be 2001, 1 year away from WC. So I doubt he will win the golden boot and a treble with Man U in the year of his return. Usually after such a long injury it takes something like 15 games to find ones form back, for some even longer (Del Piero).

The rest of the stuff I agree with.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
driver X, if you are going to name the whole dutch squad, then let me tell you about argentina's stars!

1-veron
2-crespo/batistuta
3-gallardo
4-aimar
5-requelme
i can go on and on, but i feel like these guys can take your cheap dutch squad out anytime anywhere! :)

have a nice day!

T

·
0 Posts
Dutch players ARE good. And so are players from Agrentina.
But I think Edgar Davids will be the best player.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts