Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might as well just get a thread going for this now. Home game against Ipswich at the weekend of course. But we already know its Hull in the play offs.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Unless Brighton go and win at the riverside,

The current play off teams we are unbeaten against this season.

Hull we have beaten twice, 4-0 & 2-0 (the pessimistic will say we are now bound to lose in the play offs)
Sheff Wed two 1-1 draws
Brighton row 1-1 draws

Think this could be the closest play offs ever, there's usually one weaker or stand out team, but for me it is very equally matched, despite the comfortable league wins, we know Hull are a strong team. Sheff Wed for me are the hardest team we have played out of the 3 we really should have beaten Brighton yesterday and would fancy our chances if we meet them at Wembley.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Unless Hull lose their last game, it looks like we will be at home first leg. We need to put a performance in like the league game at go to Hull with a lewd.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I've stopped crying I will react to George Thornes broken leg....

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still crying...

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poor blokes career is being ruined by injuries, what is he, 24? And this is his 3rd major injury.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Massive blow, and with Hanson injured as well, surely a complete change of formation has to be considered?
Hughes would be wasted playing so deep, so would Bryson, Butterfield & Hendrick haven't got the "muscle" for it. Johnson is probably going to play their, but I don't think he has the discipline or passing range to pull it off.

But can go you suddenly change formation at the beginning of the play offs? It's a difficult one, Wassall & Arry need to earn their money this week.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Massive blow, and with Hanson injured as well, surely a complete change of formation has to be considered?
But can go you suddenly change formation at the beginning of the play offs? It's a difficult one, Wassall & Arry need to earn their money this week.
I suppose that is the big question, would a change of formation upset the balance, but I think it is already upset with the loss of Thorne. 4231 has been played this season, with mixed results. If we go on the attack at home it could work, then pack the midfield for the away leg in a 451 if we get a positive result from the first leg.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think we will stick 433 at least to begin with.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think we will stick 433 at least to begin with.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, is everyone watching Wednesday v Hull tomorrow?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, is everyone watching Wednesday v Hull tomorrow?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 37 Posts