Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The strenuous and tensious passage of dealing with a tied final has been debated for a long time. Of course it is a fair and just procedure, however, it only tests the shooting ability and goalkeeping ability of the teams. Speed, Stamina, Agility, and many other aspects are what makes up a sporting team but to ignore those aspects and just consider one aspect per shot, i believe could eventually do some sort of upbrawl, ie English Hooligans.

Changing the 'shootout' procedure to became more laid back and less strenuous would also lower the number of brawls and fights along with riots outside the stadium, therefore stopping stupid poms from getting killed.

But the main question here, is HOW it could be changing, the challenge is to create a procedure that is fair, just and not so drastic but not as tiresome and boring as the golden goal system.

???

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
I'd like to see the American version of penalty kicks used, i.e. the 35-yard shoot-outs.

As for English hooligans, I think you're being pretty damn rascist, so maybe you shouldn't comment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts