Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well in the beggining everybody talked about Dante Lopez and Jorge Britez that they would make a great diffrence for Maccabi Haifa, but until now they haven't made a very big impact. Specially speaking about Dante Lopez who is from the Paraguay U-21 NT and that many European teams talked about.

Were they kind of overated or I'm wrong?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
I don't know if they're overrated, I think both of them are fairly good players and have different reasons why they failed to impress so far. Lopez has a good record, he doesn't play for Paraguay's U20 NT for nothing, he even scored against Germany in the U-20 World Cup...to me it looks like a case of a young boy from a foreign country not settling in yet. Additionally South American have almost always failed in Israel (with the exception of Lima perhaps). Britez is a different case, because he was bought as a replacement for Zutautas. The thing is, Britez is definitely not a defensive midfielder like Zutautas is, he's an attacking midfielder (and not a bad one at that), and hence the reason it looks like he 'failed'. He is simply playing out of position.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raanan said:
I don't know if they're overrated, I think both of them are fairly good players and have different reasons why they failed to impress so far. Lopez has a good record, he doesn't play for Paraguay's U20 NT for nothing, he even scored against Germany in the U-20 World Cup...to me it looks like a case of a young boy from a foreign country not settling in yet. Additionally South American have almost always failed in Israel (with the exception of Lima perhaps). Britez is a different case, because he was bought as a replacement for Zutautas. The thing is, Britez is definitely not a defensive midfielder like Zutautas is, he's an attacking midfielder (and not a bad one at that), and hence the reason it looks like he 'failed'. He is simply playing out of position.
yes. Like you said he is not in U-20 for nothing. I remembered I read the match preview between Valencia vs Maccabi Haifa and the Spanish coach Rafa Benitez warned about the danger that Maccabi Haifa could cause in the counter attack specially Dante Lopez and then I thought to myself, that this kid must be good, if even Valencia coach called to this point.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I think dante lopez has potential to exceed. Right now he doesn't cause the leauge isn't that challenging.. If he was in a German 2nd division team, he might have done better........ but i guess its the way he is playing...its hard to play in israel for someone who is used to something like in Paraguay...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts