Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marotta in the TV program gradinatasud said: "It's a difficult situation, he has demanded for an increase of his wages and we'd be very happy to find an agreement with him, but we must remain within the parameters of our budget".

Palombo, from Coverciano, reassures the supporters of Sampdoria: "I don't want to leave Genova".

Yet, there is no agreement and the contract of Palombo will expire in 2010.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Donadel is a more mature player now than he was a couple of years ago and he is a relatively one to one replacement for Palombo. I bring it up because I know Fiorentina want him, but this transfer will probably just be cash.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
A long as Palombo would leave, I hope it's Fiorentina he'd join :lala:
Donadel would be huge downgrade compared to Palombo I fear.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Just one week without SerieA and to fill up this blank we started selling our players to different clubs :D
Seriously I wouldn't like Palombo to leave. I think in each club You need a footballer who plays for You more then just a season or two. Palombo is this kind of a man, he is captain and that's why I prefer him to stay.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
palombo is the copy of the previous impressive captain (volpi), he is younger than him so he can give some seasons ahead.

i think players like him, cassano, bellucci.. must keep them and to build around them. of course buying pazzini was a great step.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
of course u can sell him if there is an excellent offer, you can buy him. but why to think in that while he is a mean of balance for sampdoria`s team on the pitch.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Good idea to have one thread for Palombo and one for Cassano.. stories on Palombo are getting more and more frequent, suggesting a decision either way will be made pretty soon. I'm sure both sides would like an agreement, but the club are clearly trying to "prepare" the fans in case he doesn't sign a new contract by making regular comments on the lines of "we'd love him to stay, but can only offer so much, so if a big club comes in with big money there's nothing we can do".

Personally I think the best resolution for all sides would be for him to sign an extension with a hefty wage increase, but with the agreement that should a big offer come from a big club we won't stand in his way, a bit like with Cassano. That way we get to keep him for at least one more year, and if we do sell him, it'd be for a good sum of money. He gets to be captain for a year and cement his place for Euro 2010, and thus increase his chances of making it big at a big club (rather than just a squad player).

If he does decide to leave this year, I just hope it is for a big club, and not Fiorentina (sorry Pavel!).

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I can see Palombo being the type of player Mourinho wants on his bench :) also I wouldnt mind Roma going for him if indeed Aquilani left, but I wouldnt spend too much for him as he is still not a great footballer.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
yea he isn`t a great player, but this kind of MFs aren`t so many and any big club would love to sign him honestly. so, they may pay and high fee for him.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Both Marotta and Palombo talked about the contract situation after the match today. Palombo said that he'd like to stay and is happy to earn less here than elsewhere, but at the same time made it clear that money is important and he'd like a neat raise.. Marotta said that Palombo probably deserves more than we can offer him (which is more that our current wage cap, but presumably not much more), but that he hopes that being captain and symbol of Sampdoria means enough to Palombo to make him reduce his demands slightly.

It's difficult to predict how it'll end w/o knowing the figures exactly, but it looks like we're not going to offer (much) more, and it's down to Palombo to make a decision.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
The video clip leaves me a lot more optimistic that Marotta's words, although clearly there's still a difference between demand and offer..

·
Registered
32,707 Posts
With Vieira and Muntari sucking, Dacourt leaving and JZ not getting any younger I sure wouldn't mind having him at Inter.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i immediately remembered this thread and his contract when i saw him scored twice in last game vs napoli.

he has to stay or rise his contract cost! ;)

·
Registered
46,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A rumor which sounds like bs but anyway...

according to Firenzeviola.it Corvino has a found an agreement both with Palombo and Marotta and just Garrone has to be convinced.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts