Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer friendlies are over, back to the serious stuff :stress:
We face a club with great tradition that has just returned to Serie A after several years of struggling in Serie B.
Welcome back Bologna :thumbsup:

Due to injuries, Milan will probably not be able to field Kaka, Nesta and Borriello, with big question marks surrounding the state of form of Ronaldinho and Sheva.
Though there is still a week to go, I'll add a possible starting 11.

----------------------------------------Abbiati

Zambro-------------------Bonera-----------------Kaladze----------Janku

---------Flamini-----------------------Pirlo-------------------Ambro

----------------------------Ronaldinho-------------Seedorf/Sheva

-------------------------------------Pato/Sheva

Forza Milan :heart:

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I haven't seen any of our pre-season friendlies:doh:, but I've heard Seedorf has been our best so far, so I think he might be sure starter.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Bologna has always been a tough nut to crack. They tend to play behind the ball and kill the game. I never liked having to play these guys.

Maybe Sheva can get revenge for the broken facial bone he got against them. :)

That lineup makes sense although I cannot see Sheva playing behind the forward striker. Shev, if anything, will play that spot and maybe Seedorf or even Pato plays behind him with Dinho. Just my impression.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i just hope for a good start (i.e. a victory) to the new season. we always tend to start slow but if we want to win the scudetto this coming season we have to win right from the start.

forza milan

ps: i think gattuso will also not be available due to his shoulder injury.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Hmmm, I seem to recall us winning the first week or two and THEN going into a two month period where we drop 15 points and are essentially out of the scudetto chase by November. ;)

But this is a new season with old players so let us look towards teh future with hope!!! Or is to the past with hope? I'm confused.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bologna has always been a tough nut to crack. They tend to play behind the ball and kill the game. I never liked having to play these guys.

Maybe Sheva can get revenge for the broken facial bone he got against them. :)

That lineup makes sense although I cannot see Sheva playing behind the forward striker. Shev, if anything, will play that spot and maybe Seedorf or even Pato plays behind him with Dinho. Just my impression.

It was intended as either a 1 or 2 strikers lineup.

·
Registered
15,629 Posts
When are Pato and Ronaldinho due back?

And I thought Rino's injury was only minor?
They are back this monday I think?

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
We should start strongly from the beginning and not drop points where we shouldn't.

My line-up:

Abiatti
Zambro-Bonera-Kala-Jank
Flamini-Pirlo-Ambro
Seedorf-R80
Pato

If we don't score the first half, we should change Ambro or Flamini with Pippo or Sheva and Seedorf can move in the midfield.

Forza Milan

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
R80 - Pato
Seedorf
Flamini - Pirlo - Ambro
Zambrotta - Kaladze - Bonera - Antonini
Abbiati​

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Forza Milan!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
It was intended as either a 1 or 2 strikers lineup.

That makes sense, then. In that formation we would essentially be playing with three forwards, all who are in theory mobile and able to play off eah other. That obviously is going under old form and hoping Shev and Dinho can still play to something like their old ways. Otherwise, that is a very slow lineup.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I haven't seen anything from Bologna, but I think MILAN should win without leaving ANY doubt on which team is better!

·
Registered
212 Posts
hmm...Abbiati
Zamba-Bonera-Kala-Janku
Gattuso-Flamini-Pirlo-Ambro
Seedorf
Sheva

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
R80 - Pato
Seedorf
Flamini - Pirlo - Ambro
Zambrotta - Kaladze - Bonera - Antonini
Abbiati​
Your lineup, but Janku for Antonini (not sure if the czech still has his slight injury or not)

I wouldn't be surprised if we get to see ES, since he is further ahead in the preparation that a lot of our people. :(

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Your lineup, but Janku for Antonini (not sure if the czech still has his slight injury or not)

I wouldn't be surprised if we get to see ES, since he is further ahead in the preparation that a lot of our people. :(

Might as well see what the man has got. :hopeful: If he scores a lot of people suddenly forget this whole sorry scene....except of course those girls who hold grudges for years. ;)

This reminds me of a baseball player for the local team here in Baltimore. Over the winter he refered to the city as a shitkicker town or something like that. The entire population wanted this @ss out. Hell, if you hate it here so much then get the f*ck and don't come back, right? Well, the guy stayed people booed and cursed him.....until he started having an all-star level season and now you don't here a thing about it except this one old man on the local sport radio call-in show who never forgets anything. :D

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Might as well see what the man has got. :hopeful: If he scores a lot of people suddenly forget this whole sorry scene....except of course those girls who hold grudges for years. ;)

This reminds me of a baseball player for the local team here in Baltimore. Over the winter he refered to the city as a shitkicker town or something like that. The entire population wanted this @ss out. Hell, if you hate it here so much then get the f*ck and don't come back, right? Well, the guy stayed people booed and cursed him.....until he started having an all-star level season and now you don't here a thing about it except this one old man on the local sport radio call-in show who never forgets anything. :D
we will see if he will have an all-star level season :smileani:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was in Olympic Stadium in Athens and watched Bologna in a friendly 1-1 draw vs AEK. Yeah I have to say that Bologna did not actually impress me, considering the fact that AEK was playing with their second team for 70 minutes. They do play behind the ball and wait for the opponent to attack but they can be dangerous in the counter-attack. Classic stuff.

Most probably a decent Milan (and a striker...) wont face serious problems, but again there she goes Sporting Gijon..

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
----------------------------------------Abbiati

Zambro-------------------Bonera-----------------Kaladze----------Janku

---------Flamini-----------------------Pirlo-------------------Ambro

----------------------------Ronaldinho-------------Seedorf/Sheva

-------------------------------------Pato/Sheva
I have to say, aside from our central defense, that is an awesome line up.

1 - 20 of 430 Posts