Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in knowing how are the players we released or loaned out in the winter break doing at their new clubs? Lately I haven't followed football much apart from Roma, so I don't have a clue really.

The only one I've watched is Delvecchio for Brescia against Samp, and he looked really bad.

I want to know if and how well Candela is playing for Bolton, how is D'Agostino performing for Messina, and Mido, of course, in Tottenham.

Any comments and insights will be really appreciated.

P.S. Please, I don't want this to turn into another 'pro or against Mido" thread, we had way tooo many of them already. Comments about his performances in Tottenham are welcomed, but I can't stomach another 3 pages debate whether eh played on the left wing or not for us.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
D'Agostino is doing really well at Messina to be honest - when played in his natural position and nto forced out onto the wing, his talent is becoming obvious. Best player in his team for three weeks running, in which time he's even scored a couple in Messina's wins.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I watched the Bolton-game last weekend (can´t remember against who though) but Candela was quite ok as LB and did some nice offensive runs. He even had a blaster that hit the woodwork (traversa).

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Cacìni said:
D'Agostino is doing really well at Messina to be honest - when played in his natural position and nto forced out onto the wing, his talent is becoming obvious. Best player in his team for three weeks running, in which time he's even scored a couple in Messina's wins.
:proud:

he's only scored 1, but still Messinas results have improved with him in the team.

it's hard to see him ever knocking Totti out of the side at Roma though so i doubt he'll go back there any time soon. it would be a waste of talent if he just went back to the bench anyway. Sensi will probably just sell D'Agostino sooner rather than later, and unfortunately i don't think Messina can afford to buy him :irritate: :(

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I've seen Candela a couple of times. He's been solid and a good player for Allardyce. Seems like he's been okay offensively too!

On to something else, what if we tried to use D'Agostino and Totti behind Montella next season, if Cassano is sold?

Code:
                        Curci
                  Mexes-Chivu-Cufré
           Mancini-Dacourt-De Rossi-Bonanni
                    Totti-[U][I][B]D'Agostino[/B][/I][/U]
                        Montella
...and perhaps buy a more creative central midfielder like Emre - unless he's reluctant to continue in Serie A. Even try to sign Taddei and/or Esposito as Cacìni mentioned the other day.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I like the idea, also because D`Agostino helps A LOT more in defence then Cassano. To bad he is bad at handling the enormous pressure our fans are putting on the young players. I draw the parallell to Ferrari. In my eyes 2 players with great potential, but all the expectations and the crowds discontent when they make misstakes make them a bit handicaped :(

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Ferrari has some talent nothing really great about him though. He has to stop making simple mistakes which he has never been able to do and so will be a waste. Perhaps he can go to a smaller team and do wonderful things there. Sampdoria might not be a bad option for him, with stable settings there a good coach with a good defensive system he can start to play consistently. He will still make those stupid silly mistakes though where ever he plays because that is just the player he is.

Good to hear that D'Agostino is doing well don't think he has a future at Roma though.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Thotobald said:
Code:
                        Curci
                  Mexes-Chivu-Cufré
           Mancini-Dacourt-De Rossi-Bonanni
                    Totti-[U][I][B]D'Agostino[/B][/I][/U]
                        Montella
Me likey, me likey, especially if someone like Davids was in the centre, and perhaps somebody new on the right as well.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Guys, I don't want to be a jerk but why exactly should we be excited about Bonnani? Why should we expect more from him than any other of the youngsters Roma has? I would really like to hear an answer?

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
Guys, I don't want to be a jerk but why exactly should we be excited about Bonnani? Why should we expect more from him than any other of the youngsters Roma has? I would really like to hear an answer?
cause we have a serious lack of wide players and none of the promising youngsters Roma has naturally play in his position.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Thanks for the answer guys but is there any reason to think that he is not over rated? I am of course happy that Roma might get another young promising Italian of course I would love it even more if he turned out to be more than just promising.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
D'Agostino could maybe play where Cassano does, but he should add to the scoring side of his game. he played two full seasons of Serie B for Bari and only hit the back of the net twice, while the goal for Messina was his first in Serie A. if we did replace Cassano with D'Agostino and Montella was injured or out of form next year and Mido failed again, then Totti would effectively be carrying the side all by himslf scoring-wise.

i've never seen Bonanni play at all, but the stats look good FWIW. he's big like Thotobald says and he has scored 7 goals for Vicenza in B so far this season. since we need a natural left sided midfielder but can't afford to buy a world class one, the club might as well give this young player a chance, especially as he is a Roma junior. statistically he seems a lot like Grosso; same position, same size, knows where the goal is, etc but don't know how well he goes at defending.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Roma is a step up in pressure than any other side that thes have players have joined so sometimes you cant even compare but just say they have the ability.

D'Agostino is the one we shouldnt have let go. Although some people shouldnt agree with me as I remember some saying how poor he was and how he has nothing except a decent left foot.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
We better get D'Ago back.

His loan finishes at the end of this season, doesn't it?

Always said he is a good option to replace any of the tridente.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Vagabondo said:
statistically he seems a lot like Grosso; same position, same size, knows where the goal is, etc but don't know how well he goes at defending.
Isn't he a little bit more offensive than Grosso? I mean, Grosso is just as good, if not better, as left back. From the little I have heard about him, he seems to be more of a left winger than Grosso is. What however makes me lean back towards the Grosso likeness, is his physical stats. I still haven't seen a 191 cm tall winger as far as I can recall right now, and that makes me believe you might be right about his position. There are a lot more tall players in Grosso's position. Like Chiellini for example.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Thotobald said:
Isn't he a little bit more offensive than Grosso? I mean, Grosso is just as good, if not better, as left back. From the little I have heard about him, he seems to be more of a left winger than Grosso is. What however makes me lean back towards the Grosso likeness, is his physical stats. I still haven't seen a 191 cm tall winger as far as I can recall right now, and that makes me believe you might be right about his position. There are a lot more tall players in Grosso's position. Like Chiellini for example.
Well i've never seen Bonanni play at all so i have no idea about whether he's better than Grosso as a left winger, but Perugia used to play Grosso out wide on the left and he was pretty good there too. Palermo play him as a defender now of course though and he doesn't score that much any more but he's really quite good anywhere on the left flank. he defends, goes forward, crosses and even shoots fairly well, and if Bonanni is anywhere near his level we're doing good business to get him, especially since he will be cheap. :)

These are stats about their appearances and goals. they both certainly get enough goals, even though Bonanni has only played as high as Serie B and in Greece :confused: . physically they're about the same too; Grosso is listed as 190cm and 79kg and Bonanni is listed as 190cm and 81kg.

Grosso (born 28/01/1977)

2004/2005* PALERMO Serie A 28 1
2003/2004 PALERMO Serie B 21 1
2003/2004 PERUGIA Serie A 13 2
2002/2003 PERUGIA Serie A 30 4
2001/2002 PERUGIA Serie A 24 1
2000/2001 CHIETI Serie C2 31 9
1999/2000 CHIETI Serie C2 25 4
1998/1999 CHIETI Serie C2 12 4
1997/1998 RENATO CURI Dilettanti 32 19
1996/1997 RENATO CURI Dilettanti 30 15
1995/1996 RENATO CURI Dilettanti 28 11
1994/1995 RENATO CURI Dilettanti 18 2

Bonanni (born 10/06/1982)

2004/2005* VICENZA Serie B 27 7
2003/2004 VICENZA Serie B 26 3
2002/2003 PANAHAIKI Serie A GRE 29 1
2001/2002 VITERBESE Serie C1 25 -

from Gazzetta.it

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am a Tottenham fan in England and I have seen Mido play recently. His debut against Portsmouth was fantastic, he scored twice!

He has mostly been a substitute in other games though because of his fitness but he did score against Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup.

I saw him play against Fulham last week and he didn't play very well. He won't play all the games for Tottenham because they have other strikers who have played a lot better this season - Jermain Defoe, Freddy Kanoute and Robbie Keane.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts