Xtratime Community banner

221 - 240 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Just to clarify I was a fan of some of what Mihajlovic did, mostly the way he had us playing and the pressure and tempo we put on teams. I thought that was good and yes he was unfortunate with players not taking chances but he also experimented too much, for whatever reason. There were players who were obviously not good enough who got call ups.
Agreed, but I think it's become clear that Miha's coaching style is much like his playing style. He likes to take risks and likes to be bold. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Now you might say he had to try them out but then my argument would be that as a manager he should be able to pick out the qualities that player has and know how said player would fit into the side before he even calls him up. Or at least have an idea of the same.
I'm not sure one could necessarily do so, but who's to say he didn't have an idea just because it didn't go as planned?
Like I've said before. I think the job came too soon for him. Maybe he will get a chance again when he's older and more experienced but I'm not sure he was the answer at the time.
Once again, I never said he was a savior. I simply think people on here were too emotional when trying to properly assess his work with the NT. As a result, many on here even went as far as to predict that he wouldn't have a job, and would and is a terrible manager. However, the professionals say otherwise, which speaks volumes more than a couple loud-mouths on a forum who have no coaching experience what so ever. (That's not directed at you Dule)

I too think the job came too soon and I think it's clear at this moment that international football wasn't something that Miha would have wanted to be a part of for a very long time at the moment. As a young, up and coming manager, one is much better off with the experience of managing a club as it's more of a day-to-day job. Just look at Paunovic, I believe he feels the same way, just waiting for that first break in a good spot.
Is he better than Curcic? Undoubtedly, would he have qualified us this time round? Perhaps but that we'll never know.
Naturally, we'll never know.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Mare you do realise that Miha left the NT and wasn't sacked?

You often mention player loyalty when it comes to the NT but you appear to forget that Mihajlovic 'abandoned' the team as you will.

I wish him all the best in his career but let's not gloss over him.
There are two very simple facts that will make the length of his stay as the manager of our NT more clear:

1. He took over the Serbian NT because he didn't have a concrete offer in Italy

2. He left the Serbian NT because he received an offer from Italy

That's where his focus is and always has been.

During his role with Serbia he was more focused on winning dinner bets, while he used the Croatia game as an opportunity to "clear his name" in a way and show himself as a cool-headed gentleman who is above the past.
That's why he threatened that if a "player got a red card he would not be called up anymore". And yet he is still getting them as a manager. Now that's what I call leading by example! :D

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
There are two very simple facts that will make the length of his stay as the manager of our NT more clear:

1. He took over the Serbian NT because he didn't have a concrete offer in Italy

2. He left the Serbian NT because he received an offer from Italy
:howler: Tell me what manager at the early parts of their coaching career would rather take over a NT than a club team from one of the top leagues in the world, where they happened to play and live for years? You're naive to think otherwise.

Look at Piksi who's coached Grampus in Japan before Serbia.
During his role with Serbia he was more focused on winning dinner bets, while he used the Croatia game as an opportunity to "clear his name" in a way and show himself as a cool-headed gentleman who is above the past.
That's why he threatened that if a "player got a red card he would not be called up anymore". And yet he is still getting them as a manager. Now that's what I call leading by example! :D
:howler: The dinner bets never happened. You're just believing the media because it suits your agenda. You did the same with the whole Ivanovic spat that was later proven as not being true.

As for the red-card comment, where did he say that? Didn't Matic get sent of against Croatia but then featured again for Miha?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
I don't get why this is still a topic,!m years after. It's like a bad piece of pussy, forget that you smelt it and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Lock it!

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Nah, won't lock it. I still enjoy contributing to the thread while Miha is coaching at one of the best leagues in the world. Not as though we have many coaches who can say they are doing the same at the moment.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
u3irMAZLe_4

The real reason why Mihajlović went to Milan is right in that video..but he didn't get the headlines :D

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
What a F***wit especially after playing for Inter and saying those stupid comments. He won't last there. They will sack him in his first year and then he can tell everyone how he hates them again.

Dope.

Bump.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Mare, Miha is doing really well in Milan this year can you give me your analysis on that? :D
will save Mare the trouble, Mihas team is a whos who of losers . The italians they have on there are all trash and the foreigners are even smellier trash and finally any team with Balotelli will be complete garbage.
Not much Miha could do with the losers on that team.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hopefully Miha comes back to coach the Serbian national team. We need someone with a proven record to help us finish 4th in the group again.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Milan's a very tough enviroment but it's no surprise that he got sacked. It would've been a surprise if he managed to hang on to his job in this club as they lack direction.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
I really don't know their squad, but those that do, compared to other teams in the league, did Milan over/under achieve or was the result average and expected?

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
The problem is mainly at board level, RSF. It's all gone completely downhill after they sold Zlatan and Thiago Silva. They have quite high wage costs but don't know how to build a proper team in 2016. Galliani deals a lot with agents he knows (doesn't look at things from a different perspective..), Berlusconi's interfering, his daughter is acting as some sort of director (don't really know what she's there for other than being "tatino dete" and Miha's not a great coach by any means. They also signed a lot of players for a lot of money in the summer and the only one who's worth all that or part of it anyways at this moment in time is time is possibly Carlos Bacca. Btw, it's impossible to buy a team for €90 million these days and expect success right away when the whole thing needs a complete overhaul.

Romagnoli, Bertolacci, Luiz Adriano, Balotelli..these guys were supposed to be some sort of spine and provide that extra quality which'll win you games and eventually help the club qualify for the Champions League but they're not that good. Romagnoli might be a good player in the future but as for now, he's still quite raw. Sometimes you need to miss your goals in order to succeed in the future but Milan have been doing it for a while now.

Something I noticed watching Milan in certain games is that they have a solid pressing idea in defence but they don't seem to last for 90 minutes. It's also hard to create a playing style apart from the pressing part in one year, unless you're more of a "teacher" like for an example Bielsa but he has a lot of weaknesses and isn't a winner.

The only really good thing for Milan this season is Donnarumma's emergence. He's a 16-year old goalkeeper and looks like he's 30 at times. Sure, there are one or two things to polish here and there but I've never seen a goalkeeper of that confidence and composure at that age. I don't remember Buffon was that safe at a much, much better Parma-team either when he popped up but memory might be letting me down.

Btw, Miha bowed out like a complete jerk in Italian media saying that women don't know crap about football when Boateng's girlfriend criticized him. Komad budale..

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Btw, Miha bowed out like a complete jerk in Italian media saying that women don't know crap about football when Boateng's girlfriend criticized him. Komad budale..
They dont. Proof? Usa women's team thinking they deserve equal pay to the mens team.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Can somebody, preferably Mare, explain to me why all these clubs are unable to recognize possible GOAT coaching ability when they have it at their fingertips? How did Matic and Ljajic play for AC Milan this year?

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Can somebody, preferably Mare, explain to me why all these clubs are unable to recognize possible GOAT coaching ability when they have it at their fingertips? How did Matic and Ljajic play for AC Milan this year?

Can you explain to me why you have a cromo avatar?

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Mihajlovic is the new coach of Torino :proud:

221 - 240 of 255 Posts