Xtratime Community banner

201 - 220 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Carlo Ancelotti:
“Sinisa Mihajlovic’s Milan? I think he’s the right man, I said it even before yesterday’s result [3-1 away to Lazio].

“It’s a very important result for the atmosphere, Milan are back in the positions that count. It takes time to transmit ideas about how to play positively, then the results follow.

Mihajlovic is the right person, he knows football and has great experience.
:proud:

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
3 wins in a row for Miha after a rough start to the season. Milan still without Balotelli and Menez while it looks like Alex and Bertolacci could be out for some time too now after today's game with Lazio. Next up is Atalanta another one of Miha's key players (Bonaventura) will not be available due to suspension. Still, 3 wins in a row was something Inzaghi was unable to accomplish while Milan's win in Rome was the first since 2009. :proud:
Carlo Ancelotti:

“Sinisa Mihajlovic’s Milan? I think he’s the right man, I said it even before yesterday’s result [3-1 away to Lazio].

“It’s a very important result for the atmosphere, Milan are back in the positions that count. It takes time to transmit ideas about how to play positively, then the results follow.

“Mihajlovic is the right person, he knows football and has great experience.”

:proud:
:proud: can you imagine how good the team could have been if the Zvezda fans didnt fall for stupid partizan media controlled propaganda? Its amazing how vocal they were and supported everything Toles papers said about Mihajlovic but when Toles puppet is coaching the team and Toles papers are quiet there is very little outrage and anger about the worst qualifying campaign ever!! If Mihajlovic rightfully would have gotten support for dropping Ljajic due to his poor reading comprehension skills then there would have been zero negative energy in the team. None of you had problems calling for the heads of players who lead the team to a world cup because they like 50% of other top players in the world had a cigarette and beer were considered ill disciplined. But when a player doesnt even read a contract he is signing its ok cuz its the coaches fault because the anti Zvezda media told you its his fault. The media bashed players for quitting on the team but spared Matic who made things so bad that other players must have thought "woowww this asshole thinks he is more important than the rest of the team that he can dictate when he plays instead of earning it which he did not do in previous NT games". Shame on all of you who failed to support Miha.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
:howler:

Results, RB, results speak for themselves. We got rid of the Italian clown in the end (ok, he left because he found a job in Italy! :D) and let's just be grateful for it. Stop being a clown. :righton:

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
RB the only reasons the fans are quiet now is because they've given up on the NT. They know that the only way things will get better is if Tole and his cronies leave

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
“Mihajlovic is the right person, he knows football and has great experience.”
This is what I hoped for and believed in when Miha took over the NT after Pizon.

But anyone who is able to recognize Mijailovic as a better player than Matic is doomed to lose all realistic chances to qualify after 4 games in a cycle.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
This is what I hoped for and believed in when Miha took over the NT after Pizon.
When Miha took over Serbia he didn't have as much experience.
But anyone who is able to recognize Mijailovic as a better player than Matic is doomed to lose all realistic chances to qualify after 4 games in a cycle.
If Miha thought Mijailovic was better than Matic, how come the former didn't play against Croatia in Belgrade? How come the former didn't feature again after the Belgium game which was the 3rd game (out of 10) of the qualifiers?

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Gianluca Zambrotta:
“I like Mihajlovic a lot. He's a Coach with character, who has no trouble in saying things to people's faces. He is transparent and sincere. He found the right formation for the players available to him. The team is slowly finding its brilliance again. I think Milan can aim for third place"

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
I liked him too. :thumbsup:

Btw, Miha was sent off last weekend after kicking a plastic bottle towards the ref in Milan's 0-0 draw away to Atalanta.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Mare you do realise that Miha left the NT and wasn't sacked?

You often mention player loyalty when it comes to the NT but you appear to forget that Mihajlovic 'abandoned' the team as you will.

I wish him all the best in his career but let's not gloss over him.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts

Btw, Miha was sent off last weekend after kicking a plastic bottle towards the ref in Milan's 0-0 draw away to Atalanta.
Discipline has always been his strength. :howler:

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Mare you do realise that Miha left the NT and wasn't sacked?

You often mention player loyalty when it comes to the NT but you appear to forget that Mihajlovic 'abandoned' the team as you will.
So, now he abandoned the team? Before you were saying he would be a hypocrite for staying on. Which one is it? Miha said from the start that if we didn't qualify he would leave. He did just that, even though I think it would have been best had he stayed on.
I wish him all the best in his career but let's not gloss over him.
You do realize this is the Miha thread, right? If you don't want to discuss him, you don't have to but no need to bother me just because I'm contributing.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
zambrotta:proud: my favourite player back in the day.
Yeah, I was a big fan myself. Very under-rated.

This is true. I believe Miha said after the game that he wasn't actually trying to hit the ref because if he was, he would have been sure to hit him. :proud:

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
They could've easily have lost the game as well. Atalanta didn't take their chances.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
They could've easily have lost the game as well. Atalanta didn't take their chances.
This is also true. Milan clearly struggled without the likes of Bertolacci and Bonaventura. I think the international break came at a perfect time for Miha, especially considering how Alex is now out injured too while Niang has just gotten healthy. Talks that Balotelli might need surgery though, which would be a loss for Milan considering his ability to change a match by himself.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
I am discussing him, I just don't think he was the saviour that you seem to make him out to be.

Besides you're happy enough hijacking every other thread in this forum.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Just to clarify I was a fan of some of what Mihajlovic did, mostly the way he had us playing and the pressure and tempo we put on teams. I thought that was good and yes he was unfortunate with players not taking chances but he also experimented too much, for whatever reason. There were players who were obviously not good enough who got call ups.

Now you might say he had to try them out but then my argument would be that as a manager he should be able to pick out the qualities that player has and know how said player would fit into the side before he even calls him up. Or at least have an idea of the same.

I have no doubt that some of the players really liked him and enjoyed playing for him but he is a very divisive character and can rub players up the wrong way.

I think some of his comments directed to fans based in Belgrade, the club he played for and apparently loves were misguided and turned a lot of people away from the team meaning a lack of support as the campaign went on.

As for him keeping his word...maybe he did...but I have my doubts as to whether he'd have still left had it not been for a better offer.

Like I've said before. I think the job came too soon for him. Maybe he will get a chance again when he's older and more experienced but I'm not sure he was ther answer at the time.

Is he better than Curcic? Undoubtedly, would he have qualified us this time round? Perhaps but that we'll never know.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
I am discussing him, I just don't think he was the saviour that you seem to make him out to be.
Posting quotes from former Milan players and coaches who sing his praises is making him out to be a savior? I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you again Dule.
Besides you're happy enough hijacking every other thread in this forum.
I'm to blame right? Don't blame the others who mention his name, just mention mine for responding. Good stuff.

201 - 220 of 255 Posts