Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was just wondering if I could get some advice. While I can get good power and accuracy with my opposite (left) foot, it always curls when I shoot, no matter what. I don't have the control with it to smash it absolutely straight, like with my right foot. Any advice on this?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
jbmarine7 said:
Hey, I was just wondering if I could get some advice. While I can get good power and accuracy with my opposite (left) foot, it always curls when I shoot, no matter what. I don't have the control with it to smash it absolutely straight, like with my right foot. Any advice on this?
I know exactly how you feel -- it's awkward kicking with your opposite foot at first.

Just try to imitate what you are doing with your right foot and do it with your left. Practice.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I'll put that to work. Just imagining I'm Ryan Giggs, only with a right foot...:D Strange, though, I prefer my left foot for volleys. It dips much more and is usually more accurate. Anyone else have this situation?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
when training play with a trainer on your right and bare feet on your left, the ball will hurt your left forcing you to use your right, watch out for your poor little toes though, if someone treads on them it will be agony. :cool:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
jbmarine7 said:
I got the exact same problem, mate.

Oh well, practice is the only thing that can fix this.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
jbmarine7 said:
Very very easy. It's all about mentality. Nothing else. When you go to kick the ball in any way, don't hesitate. If the ball falls to your weaker foot, don't hesitate to use it. Be natural.

Soon, it won't matter what foot it lands on, you'll just start using that foot naturally.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Re: Re: The ol' swinger

Firenze said:
Very very easy. It's all about mentality. Nothing else. When you go to kick the ball in any way, don't hesitate. If the ball falls to your weaker foot, don't hesitate to use it. Be natural.

Soon, it won't matter what foot it lands on, you'll just start using that foot naturally.
I know this thread was started by jbmarine7, but I find it very useful, thanks a ton

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By using the weights.

Anyways, I still have problems with this, but I've practiced enough I can adjust my body cause I know how much it will swerve etc. I find my mishits with it generally go straight, though.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Hey, I was just wondering if I could get some advice. While I can get good power and accuracy with my opposite (left) foot, it always curls when I shoot, no matter what. I don't have the control with it to smash it absolutely straight, like with my right foot. Any advice on this
all-in-all,, is your left leg AS GOOD AS ur right?

do it the same old way that everybody does ...

Practice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts