Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Inter needs to be the top Italian team

There are two players in the Brazilian league now who could make Inter a top team...in the same level as Rubentus or Milan.

Alex and Luís Fabiano.

These are the best players in Brazil now, they are already experienced enough to play in any top club in the world, and are in the positions that Inter most seriously needs.

Alex is a genius, one of the top 5 playmakers in the world. He's almost in the same level as Tottina, and has a very similar style. Incredible in almost everything, he's as creative as creativity can get. The best player in the Brazilian league by far, and he will be FREE next January.

Luís Fabiano is another incredible player. Fast, powerful and great finisher. He reminds me of Crespo, fights like a Lion and would be a very good partner for Cristain Vieri. He wants to go to Europe and São Paulo is in big financial troubles, so it wouldn't take much more tha 5 million dollars to get him.

Believe me, with these two guys Inter would be at the same level that Juventus and Milan are.

·
Registered
43 Posts
no they won't

they have bought a billion players over the last 10 years...and have done nothing. Moratti needs to go.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
No Offense but these 2 guys are europe rejects, maybe the brazilian league is weak this year (meaning lot of talent left, so less talented guys will shine) I rather see Inter go for Diego, he is not the final product but the sky is the limit for him,if he gets a bit faster (he is a tad like Riquelme in that) he is the next Zidane, and if tottemhan was about to sign him, he can't be that expensive.

So for me the only 10 playing in brazil that I would like to see at Inter is Diego

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Inter never had a strong defense as they have now.
Inter never had som many good options in the midfield(defensive and wings) as they have this year.
They just need a very good partner to Vieri and a playmaker, IMO.

Yes, it's true that the Brazilian League is not very good this year, but these two guys are amazing! Luís Fabiano was very young when he played for Rennes, look at how Henry was bad in Juventus, Kluivert in Milan, and years later they became some of the best talents in Europe...Luís Fabiano developed a lot in the last two years.

About Alex, he didn't even play when he was at Parma! And he's not a slow player who carries the ball all the time like Diego or even Riquelme....I'm sure he would do good in Italian football.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Diego isn't even close to being an Alex, and I don't know if he ever will be.
Parma never gave him a chance and people dismiss him like that. If he is good enough to make the Brazil squad, then he should be able to play anywhere in the world.

Luis Fabiano si great, but does Inter really need a striker?
I mean, they had Crespo and Vieri last year and it didn't make much difference...

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I think its the total opposite to be honest.

why should Inter go for players like Alex and Fabiano who have played very little in europe and werent successful? I'm sorry, but playing in Serie A and the CL is a lot different to playing in the Brazilian league. i have respect for brazil and their national team, but their league isnt much to boast about when compared to Serie A.

What Inter need is a playmaker who has CL experience. You can talk about Riquelme and Diego and so on, but Inter needs a player who has performed well and earned a name for himself playing at a good club in a good league in europe.

For me, I believe that Rosicky is the perfect player for Inter. He has heaps of skill and creativeness, and has played at Dortmund for a while now experiencing the CL as well. Not forgetting his national team experience also.

Why get Fabiano when you can have Adriano? Adriano is easily the best young striker in the world at the moment. Strong, fast, powerful, tall, creative, can dribble, great shot....IMO he is the man for the job.

And lastly, Recoba is the big question mark. No one can doubt his brilliance when he is on top form. I believe he can regain that form only if he is given a go and he has full support from everyone at the club.

so, Adriano, Rosicky and the form of Recoba would make Inter as good as juve, milan and anyone else in serie A and europe for that matter.

would like to add that Rosicky is very possible to get, and Adriano is basically returning 100% anyway.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Re: What Inter needs to be the top Italian team

Roberto Gallo said:
What Inter needs to be the top Italian team
A midfield, and one more guy upfront (Adriano).

Why do you guys mention Fabiano when you have Adriano, he's the better player and has experience in Serie A. It is possible to play Vieri, Adriano and Recoba at the same time.

Emre must start regularly. about Okan, either give him a chance or sell him. The two Turks would be a great pair in midfield but its not gonna happen.

Your midfield does need improvement though.

The answer is Tomas Rosicky. would be brilliant.

but about Alex, i disagree, he's great and worth a try. imo he's fully capable of adapting to seria A.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Rosicky has great vision ad good passing ability, I just dont rate his dribbling skills that high, he doesnt seem to me to be able to dribble pass defenders and drive the ball by himself.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Now Diego and Robinho are not even that good, I suppose the quality in the Brasilian championship is in decay, this 2 guys make santos hip all of the sudden, but they are not good anymore, What IF in 6 months this Luis Fabiano and Alex become not so good also?

So many hype in brasil with players, I remember Rodrigo Fabri and Fabio JR even Denilson, so why not take a chance on a Diego who is 18 and can get use to the european style. Look Kaka wasnt the biggest being mention from brazil last year, and he turned out pretty good,

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
SpaceAgentCobra said:
Look Kaka wasnt the biggest being mention from brazil last year, and he turned out pretty good,
:rolleyes:
Wake up dude, Kaka was the best player of last year's championship, winning the Golden Ball. I've said it at least a thousand times that he is better than Diego, Robinho and what not.
However, he can't touch Alex, and neither can Adriano for that matter.
And Adriano couldn't cut it for the Brazilian league, however he is hailed as a superstar (he is not) in the Serie A... go figure...

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
CUG said:

For me, I believe that Rosicky is the perfect player for Inter.
Rosicky is great. Not as good as Alex, but still great.
But the question is, would he leave Dortmund and for how much? :confused:

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I did not say Kaka was bad, but everyone knows the hype was about Diego , the Kaka hype was more before the WC 02 than after it, only Milan made a realistic effort of getting him, that should say how much he was hyped the last 8 month or so.

So Adriano couldnt have develop over Europe, but Alex and Luis Fabiano could have develop over the years? I dont know why some thing applies to some players and that same situation can´t happen to others.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
SpaceAgentCobra said:
I did not say Kaka was bad, but everyone knows the hype was about Diego , the Kaka hype was more before the WC 02 than after it, only Milan made a realistic effort of getting him, that should say how much he was hyped the last 8 month or so.

So Adriano couldnt have develop over Europe, but Alex and Luis Fabiano could have develop over the years? I dont know why some thing applies to some players and that same situation can´t happen to others.
1- Chelsea was after him and other clubs too. But the SP president already had an agreement with Milan. Diego was new to the championship and his team won, it is normal that he takes some of the credit, but the fact is Kaka was much better. I still say that he is much better.

2- No, not at all. I was just illustrating how it is wrong to dismiss the brazilian league. Kaka's level of play went higher after he went to Serie A, does that make Serie A a worse league?

Now, Alex is one of the best players in the world right now. As a brazilian, his level is only second to Ronaldinho IMO.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
waht inter need is a midfiled

u need 2 guys in the middle who will bleed for u

like gatusso for us...like keane for man u and viera for the arse and suprisingly becks for real :eek:

u also need stability in the middle

basically if u cna sort out middle u will be good

yer def is amazing....and vieri is enough up fornt

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Lav said:
waht inter need is a midfiled

u need 2 guys in the middle who will bleed for u

like gatusso for us...like keane for man u and viera for the arse and suprisingly becks for real :eek:

u also need stability in the middle

basically if u cna sort out middle u will be good

yer def is amazing....and vieri is enough up fornt
But Inter also needs creativity, somebody who can make a play out of nothing.
Ronaldinho would've been the perfect fit, but Inter decided to go for other players, and left the most important spot in the team with no owner - a true number 10.
I'm afraid that without a player who fits that category, Inter will always struggle.
And 1 world class player upfront is hardly enough against strong defenses foudn in Serie A...

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
We don't just have vieri problem is that the other world class striker only returns next season( i am referring to adriano). Diego IMO is better than alex. We should go for him.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Re: Re: What Inter needs to be the top Italian team

bob said:
A midfield, and one more guy upfront (Adriano).

Why do you guys mention Fabiano when you have Adriano, he's the better player and has experience in Serie A. It is possible to play Vieri, Adriano and Recoba at the same time.

Emre must start regularly. about Okan, either give him a chance or sell him. The two Turks would be a great pair in midfield but its not gonna happen.

Your midfield does need improvement though.

The answer is Tomas Rosicky. would be brilliant.

but about Alex, i disagree, he's great and worth a try. imo he's fully capable of adapting to seria A.

bob is somewhat right here.;)

the player we need seems to be Tomas Rosicky, don't know much about him as I always tend to forget to watch Dortmund's matches.

the players which we need are a very pure CM like EMERSON and a pure playmaker like Rosicky (?) ?

what kinda player is Alex, I did hear his name alot, but don't know anything about him. Where does he play ?

It would had been great for next season if Vieri, Adriano and Recoba all could play BUT that could not be possible as Recoba's not good in defending and I don't think that Adriano could help that much in defence, although Adriano does help alot in midfield (left wing). But the combination of Recoba & Adriano's help in midfield could help change the coach's mind (ie, if the coach remains the same which nobody knows :D ). Or Recoba could be traded or sold ??

In the midfield, we do have C.Zanetti and Emre who are so good individually, especially the latter one BUT they are not solid at all and most importantly not dominating like other big clubs'. Though things could had been different and can be different if the central duo gets help from good performace by the wingers.
We are rumoured to EMERSON, who's liked both by Moratti and ZACH; so there's some hope to get him next season if we spend some good money. Aren't there any other players for that position as I don't think it's that good to spend too too much.

Actually what kind aplayer is ROSICKY ? playmaker or emerson type ? :confused:

and for next season I also want inter to get a good defender - mexes/metzelder and not to forget that we are already after VIDIC who's rumoured to be good as well).
So, my list is as follows :

(1) Adriano
(2) Rosicky / ??
(3) Emerson / ??
(4) Stankovic
(4) Vidic
(5) RM - ? (to be J.Zanetti's back up)
(6) Mexes / Metzelder / ?

in that case our line wud be something like this :

-----------------------toldo-----------------------------

---------cordoba----metzelder----cannavaro(?)----
----j.zanetti----------------------------------f.coco-----

--------------emerson-------------b.emre--------------

--------------------rosicky / recoba--------------------
-----------------vieri---------------adriano-------------

subs : martins, rosicky/recoba, materazzi, vidic, brechet, vanmeyde, ..............

# and about whether to FABIANO, I don't know much.
# if not Emerson, then there is ofcourse C.ZANETTI (who we know can do very good BUT he has to prove us again)
:D :D

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Pravesh... you got to take one out from your line-up... its 11+Toldo.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts