Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Official Feyenoord Thread

Sorry sorry sorry! I screwed it up! :(
Drulic asked me to rename the "What's happening at Feyenoord"-thread to "The Official Feyenoord Thread." Which isn't very hard. Create a new thread, merge it and give it the right name. But as a good PSV-fan I screwed it up :(
141 posts gone :(
A good thread gone :(
As a punishment I will post 20 replies in this thread which will be about Feyenoord and which won't be negative, I promise. Hopefully we get this thread over 141 replies, so I will feel better.
Again, sorry, sorry, sorry :(

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
hahah no worries my friend, we'll soon pass 500 :)

Anyways what we mean to do with this thread is show the management we're ready for our own feyenoord forum, I believe there's enough support for such a forum and if we all pull through we'll make it happen.

Anything and everything on feyenoord, post it in this thread, that means transfer news, match previews/reports etc.

Dus allemaal fanatiek posten hier!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Our own Forum! :)

I already said in the topic of PSG that it's a shame Ajax has it's own Forum and Feyenoord doesn't. Feyenoord is the biggest and hottest club in Holland. But I hope there are enough Feyenoord-fans on this Forum.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Feijenoord said:
Our own Forum! :)

I already said in the topic of PSG that it's a shame Ajax has it's own Forum and Feyenoord doesn't. Feyenoord is the biggest and hottest club in Holland. But I hope there are enough Feyenoord-fans on this Forum.

I think it's great with three teams in the Netherlands at approx the same level... Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV are changing winning the league, and I think the other clubs can give them hard work in the games as well, though it seems like they do have a fare bit up to the top-three... I'm a big fan og the Dutch style and it's great to see Ajax and Feyenoord doing well even though I do like PSV the best...

I also think it's great that the three clubs seems to take the education of young prospects seriously and not only buying not very good players from all over the world...

The Dutch league is exciting because there are three teams capable of winning. In many leagues there are only one or two, even though we can't compare with England, Spain, Germany and Italy in standard the Dutch can definately compare with them in entertainment and competition for the trophies...

·
Registered
833 Posts
OK, here we go with the first Feyenoord news in this thread.

The Uefa Control and Disciplinary Body has not changed the yellow card given to Brett Emerton in the semi final against Inter. The reason is very simple, it is not capable of doing so, except if it concerns the idendity of the player. This means Emmo will be out for the final against Borussia Dortmund:depress: . He was one of the best players in the second leg against Inter.

Who should take Emerton's place as right back?

BTW: I'm all for a Feyenoord Forum, but the question is, Are there enough Feyenoord fans on XT?

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's bad news, but doesn't come as a surpsrise.

I think the solution is simple: Gyan played well against Inter, so should be capable of playing in the final and Ono will replace Emerton in midfield.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I agree with you, but Collen is back as well, despite breaking his hand in a reserve match. He played well in the beginning of the season, so that's an option as well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
v Marwijk will be carefull with Pieter Collen. This because of his broken hand. He finally is some what fit, so you musn't push it now. Thats why I think Gyan plays at the Right back and Ono replaces Emerton. Feyenoord will go in an higher appeal (hoger beroep) but it won't help a thing. The stupid Lopes Nieto and especially his assistent screw Emerton his deserved final place :mad:

·
Registered
833 Posts
It's the last game of the season that matters, so if v Marwijk fancies Collen, he'll play him, he's got more than two months to recover before training for the new seasons starts. Feyenoord may have to start the new season early because of the preliminary round in the CL (if we make it).

Therefor we have to beat Fortuna Sittard tomorrow. A win means that Fortuna will face relegation to the First Division.

Likely line-ups according to http://www.feyenoord.nl

FORTUNA SITTARD
Hesp; Emeran, Akerboom, Dirkx, Hermans; Meszaros, Landerl, Haeldermans; Hamming, Gerritsen en Claudio

FEYENOORD
Zoetebier; Gyan, Van Wonderen, Paauwe, Aros (Rzasa); Elmander, Emerton, Ono, Leonardo; Tomasson (Korneev) en Van Hooijdonk

Wouldn't it be nice if Korneev was in the squad tomorrow:)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
nice to see a feyenoord official thread here...but how about a PSV thread???

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Feel free to open one :)
But this is a Feyenoord thread, so we'll talk about the great players Feyenoord has. And about Ono, Bosvelt, Tomasson ofcourse :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Feyenoord won 1-2 this evening against Fortuna Sittard, who relegated to the First division.

Goalscorers: 0-1 a 20 meter free kick by PiAir
1-1 Ronald Hammink (his 5th goal against Feyenoord)
1-2 Paauwe, putting his former club into relegation.

A very, very bad game and that's all there is to it.

Three points are in the bag though with ten men injured:)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Feyenoord Set To Appeal Against Emerton's Uefa Cup Final Suspension
News Archive

04/19/2002. Feyenoord are planning to appeal against Uefa's decision to uphold the suspension of Brett Emerton for the Uefa Cup final against Borussia Dortmund.

The Australian was booked for time-wasting in the semi-final second leg against Inter Milan meaning he will miss the final.

However, it appears Emerton was only respotting the ball for a corner after the linesman instructed him to do so.

"There's still the possibility to appeal," said a Feyenoord spokesman. "And we will go all the way."

"After the game Lopez Nieto maintained his claim that Emerton was guilty of time-wasting and the linesman played dumb. There's nothing in the referee's report and you can only see on the video evidence that the man says something to Brett."

soccerage

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Horrible game against Fortuna, most important thing though is we won got the 3 points and can move one from here.

About the appeal, I feel it won't do any good, we've lost Emerton for the final, it's a tough blow but IMO Gyan is an excellent defender who will certainly do his job, emerton also has his rushes, we''ll have to miss those sadly.....

BTW on a sidenote, PSG got their own forum with practically no real support, so I'll make a request for a Feyenoord forum soon, I assume we have the support of the current mods, Chivu and Krijn? This would also mean a new section for Dutch football.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know what the Admins are doing, but looking at the fact the Ajax-forum is suddenly a sub-forum of the Dutch Soccer forum, I assume a Dutch Football Section will be created and that it will contain an Ajax-forum, a Feyenoord-forum and a League&NT-forum. I think there are too few PSV-fans to create a PSV-forum.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hello all.

Alright, rumours are hotting up that Liverpool have won the race to sign Brett Emerton (beating Leeds and Newcastle) the estimated fee is in and around the 10 million mark.

What exactly are we getting for our money IF he does end up signing?

Is he as good as people are saying?

Any Info cheers.

(Oh and thanks for Dudek much appreciated :D )

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Tuesday, April 23, 2002
AC Milan beat Barcelona to Tomasson
By Dominic Raynor

AC Milan have beaten Spanish side Barcelona to the signing of Danish international Jon Dahl Tomasson according to reports emanating from Italy.
The two European heavy weights had been going head-to-head for the Feyenoord striker but Milan have won the battle.

Barcelona looked to have secured the 25-year-old's services last month with a verbal agreement but boardroom problems over the successor to coach Carles Rexach delayed any firm deal.

Tomasson joined Feyenoord for £2.5million from Newcastle United in 1998 but with his contract expiring at the end of the season he will join Milan for free.

The striker has won 36 caps for his country, has scored 13 goals and should be with Denmark to face World Cup holders France, Uruguay and Senegal in the group phase of the 2002 Finals in South Korea and Japan.

Although Real Madrid are interested in Milan top scorer Andrie Shevchenko, the Italian club are not keen to sell the Ukrainian striker and want to pair him for at least one season with Tomasson who has helped Feyenoord reach the UEFA Cup final this season.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said: 'Shevchenko is not for sale and will stay with us. No doubt about it.

'We are not selling our top scorer to anybody, we never wanted to and we never will. I met Sheva yesterday, I told him that his sale is not in our plans and that next season he will be out principle striker.'

Milan have also made an offer for SS Lazio defender Jaap Stam but face competition from Juventus if Lazio decide to sell the centre back signed last August from Manchester United.

soccernet

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Anyone know the status of Smolarek. I thought his injury was only minor, but now there is talk that he may not go to the WC. Anyone know anything about this?

1 - 20 of 214 Posts