Xtratime Community banner
18781 - 18797 of 18797 Posts

·
Registered
23,528 Posts
Are we the biggest non-EE EE club? In our squad, we have Croatia (x2), Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Turkey, Romania.

We were looking at Pjanic and are still looking at Vlahovic. I'm going to make sure that we start scouting Gvardiol! Azzkikr is probably seething as we create EE domination!

@Ante @Krle
The Ante "have Croatian player(s) to win the CL" theory applies....so as long as you hold onto Ivan and Broz and/or add a few more Cros you will have a shot.

I discount the opening CL game loss to Real...it was against Luka so when super power Cros meet head to head, someone has to lose unfortunately. But if you can avoid match ups with players with Cro teams along the way, you have a shot a CL glory. )

·
Registered
66,328 Posts

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Something fishy going on between us and Benfica, I hope we are getting an option on a promising player or something. That Uruguayan striker Nunez looks good.
Linked

Smile Product Sports uniform Human Font

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
I'll be sad if Sanchez leaves in January as rumored, hopefully Marotta and Inzaghi sit/sat with him to get things sorted. Still a long time to go til the January window anyhow, an important goal or assist can change the situation. I am surprised Sanchez is seemingly unhappy, he contributed to winning the Scudetto last season even though he was basically 3rd choice in attack after Lukaku and Lautaro but played his part, so it's not like him not starting is a new situation for him.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
I'll be sad if Sanchez leaves in January as rumored, hopefully Marotta and Inzaghi sit/sat with him to get things sorted. Still a long time to go til the January window anyhow, an important goal or assist can change the situation. I am surprised Sanchez is seemingly unhappy, he contributed to winning the Scudetto last season even though he was basically 3rd choice in attack after Lukaku and Lautaro but played his part, so it's not like him not starting is a new situation for him.
All seems very ''knee-jerk' from Sanchez TBH. If he can stay fit and actually improve his awful performances then he'll surely get starts.

I guess Correa has knocked him further down the pecking order, which is no doubt an issue for Sanchez but c'mon, Lautaro is shattered and Dzeko is 35. He'll get his chances.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
18,952 Posts

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
Would still prefer Nandez mind you. He would just be an exceptional signing. So versatile.

·
Registered
18,952 Posts

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
If PIF buy Inter then so be it. The Saudis are at least starting to liberalize.

The club would obvs have a massive advantage on the transfer market.

I'd prefer that to going broke under Chinese ownership and selling Barella and Skriniar next summer...

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,087 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Suning would (will?) take the money and run if there really was a 1 billion bid. The only reason they turned down the bid (700-800 million was it?) from BC Partners was because of the naive Super League dreams.

It seems odd for the Saudis to invest in two clubs though.

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Suning would (will?) take the money and run if there really was a 1 billion bid. The only reason they turned down the bid (700-800 million was it?) from BC Partners was because of the naive Super League dreams.

It seems odd for the Saudis to invest in two clubs though.
Yeah, I'm sure it's actually strictly illegal bearing in mind that:

"Under UEFA rules, no “individual or entity” can have a “decisive influence” over the activities of more than one club in its tournaments."

I remember reading in the New York Times that there is some workaround or loophole with Red Bull's arrangement with Salzburg where they are officially "just a sponsor", while they do own (majority shareholder of) Leipzig. Otherwise the two clubs could not have competed in the CL at the same time.

Could the PIF pay some fancy lawyers to "do a Red Bull" ... probably... But it has to make the whole story fairly unlikely/implausible.

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
There's no smoke without fire. Something is surely going on here. If it means tying Skriniar and Barella to long term contracts and signing a Vlahovic / Darwin Nunez + Raspadori then PIF are more than welcome IMO.

·
Registered
9,370 Posts
If PIF buy Inter then so be it. The Saudis are at least starting to liberalize.

The club would obvs have a massive advantage on the transfer market.

I'd prefer that to going broke under Chinese ownership and selling Barella and Skriniar next summer...
Sharia law is coming :whistle:

18781 - 18797 of 18797 Posts