Xtratime Community banner
18761 - 18780 of 18797 Posts

·
Registered
9,370 Posts
The general consensus now even in Italian media is that Inter had a good mercato. I don't see any protests from Ultras or on social media currently, really. You don't have to buy 1 player for 100million to satisfy people. juve built a team on 2 freebies, Pirlo and Pogba. Cambiasso was a free transfer, Maicon cost 6mill only, Lucio cost 8mill only etc..

Which better players were available for us to sign? Atalanta wanted to keep hold of Zapata.

Which areas are lacking in the team? We sold a couple of players, obviously still early to judge but the Dutch NT rb, an experienced Dzeko for free and Correa (who Inzaghi requested by name, like Dzeko btw), all seem like good deals.
You guys are a clear favorite to retain the scudetto. The additions were good buy after Lukaku left.
Of course except for Hakan :sneaky:

·
Registered
47,701 Posts
One theory is that Real did this as a PR stunt to appease fan, i.e. to make it look like they were prepared to invest in the market this summer when in fact they had no intention of it.
Maybe, but I think this isn't the primary reason. Real may have had zero intention to purchase now (as you said) and may have made the declaration to discourage other clubs from swooping in for him in this window. Other clubs would think "nah, fvck that, we can't compete", PSG has nothing to consider, the window ends, mission complete. That leaves the path open for Real to go for him as a free agent but they won't be caught sleeping before then. I'll assume Real will agree personal terms with Mbappe before crunch time comes too.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
There is also this man, Daniel Bekono, won gold with Cameroon at the Sidney 2000 Olympics. He used to play in the Bulgarian league, 7+ seasons here.
Never heard of him, he must have been the reserve gk because Kameni was the starting goalie in the Sydney Olympics.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
You guys are a clear favorite to retain the scudetto. The additions were good buy after Lukaku left.
Of course except for Hakan :sneaky:
Clear favourite, nah. It's pretty competitive. Rome clubs look good, Milan made good signings, juve will be motivated to get back to winning...

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
One theory is that Real did this as a PR stunt to appease fan, i.e. to make it look like they were prepared to invest in the market this summer when in fact they had no intention of it.
I remember reading about PSG declining more than 1 offer. Could be Perez feeding his media buddies who knows... Leonardo initially spoke about unsatisfactory offers from Real though. Honestly though, no way should a player with an expiring contract in a year move for 100million or 200million or whatever ridiculous figure like that.

Maybe, but I think this isn't the primary reason. Real may have had zero intention to purchase now (as you said) and may have made the declaration to discourage other clubs from swooping in for him in this window. Other clubs would think "nah, fvck that, we can't compete", PSG has nothing to consider, the window ends, mission complete. That leaves the path open for Real to go for him as a free agent but they won't be caught sleeping before then. I'll assume Real will agree personal terms with Mbappe before crunch time comes too.
I believe Mbappe already made it clear he wants Real so already the path is open anyhow

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
AGENT REVEALS DETAILS OF LAZARO’S MOVE TO BENFICA

Valentino Lazaro’s agent reveals that Benfica do not have an option to make the Inter winger’s move permanent.

Lazaro has joined the Portuguese giants on a dry loan deal, so he could return to the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza at the end of the season.

“Benfica don’t have an option or obligation to buy,” Max Hagmayr told FcInterNews.

“It wasn’t an easy negotiation, there were many clubs interested in signing the player, including Borussia Dortmund, but we had to take the best decision for Tino.

“He wanted to get playing time, possibly in a club that plays Champions League football, Benfica was the best choice.”

Lazaro joined Inter on a permanent €22.4m deal from Borussia Monchengladbach in 2019. However, he struggled with playing time under Antonio Conte and joined Newcastle on loan before returning to Borussia on a temporary deal in the 2020-21 campaign.

“We were convinced he could do well at Inter, but he left on loan after just six months and the same happened in the following season,” the player’s agent said.

“However, he is convinced he can play for Inter. We don’t want to focus on the past but think about the present and the future, now it all depends on how Tino will do with Benfica.”

---

We bought him from Hertha not Gladbach...anyhow effectively Benfica got Joao Mario and Lazaro for free..

·
inbred amoeba
4,410 Posts
Never heard of him, he must have been the reserve gk because Kameni was the starting goalie in the Sydney Olympics.
Bekono was the keeper for all three group stage games of Cameroon. I remember reading somewhere that he was replaced for the eliminations due to some injury, and Kameni had to stand in the doors although he was only 16 at the time.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Did a bit of research on Bekono. I didn’t know that he was the one in goal in the African Cup winners Cup final in 2000 (Zamalek v Canon Yaounde)

I watched the game back then, didn't know that the goalie name is Daniel Bekono though.

Check the dive at 2:28

He was wrongly sent off.

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Terrestrial plant

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
AGENT REVEALS DETAILS OF LAZARO’S MOVE TO BENFICA

Valentino Lazaro’s agent reveals that Benfica do not have an option to make the Inter winger’s move permanent.

Lazaro has joined the Portuguese giants on a dry loan deal, so he could return to the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza at the end of the season.

“Benfica don’t have an option or obligation to buy,” Max Hagmayr told FcInterNews.

“It wasn’t an easy negotiation, there were many clubs interested in signing the player, including Borussia Dortmund, but we had to take the best decision for Tino.

“He wanted to get playing time, possibly in a club that plays Champions League football, Benfica was the best choice.”

Lazaro joined Inter on a permanent €22.4m deal from Borussia Monchengladbach in 2019. However, he struggled with playing time under Antonio Conte and joined Newcastle on loan before returning to Borussia on a temporary deal in the 2020-21 campaign.

“We were convinced he could do well at Inter, but he left on loan after just six months and the same happened in the following season,” the player’s agent said.

“However, he is convinced he can play for Inter. We don’t want to focus on the past but think about the present and the future, now it all depends on how Tino will do with Benfica.”

---

We bought him from Hertha not Gladbach...anyhow effectively Benfica got Joao Mario and Lazaro for free..
So Lazaro will be back next summer.....again....

I wanted Simone to try him out but if he has no faith in the player then why not just sell? The amortised costs of the transfer probably weren't covered by those cheap skates Benfica.... 😑

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Something fishy going on between us and Benfica, I hope we are getting an option on a promising player or something. That Uruguayan striker Nunez looks good.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Shorts Sports uniform Blue World Sports jersey

Wow if that happens. A gk, a cb, a cm and a forward all foc. Ginter at Inter would be highly amusing.

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
Can't vouch for Onana but the others are good/very good players

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
Just thinking about the clearout that's likely to happen next season:

Definitey gone:
Rannochia, D'Ambro, Vidal, Kolarov, Perisic

Likely to go in 2022:
Alexis, Handanovic

Likely 7 players trimmed next summer

Onana and Vanheusden will probably fill 2 spots, the rest is up in the air.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Dunno, may be one or two of the players with expiring contracts will do well and get another year. But if we pull off an entire mercato of 0 euros while bringing in 4 international players it would be something. Who knows about Van Heuseden, one more ACL injury and we will just bring him back for recovery. Pirola should stay at Monza or go to a Serie A club if Monza don't get promoted. So we might bring in Ginter and renew DD and Frog for another season may be...

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
If Perisic leaves then Kostic should be signed. Club should renew Perisic for a year just in case, either keep him or sell him or swap him for Kostic.

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
Onana, Vanheusen, Kostic would be nice.

And as you say, another defender like Ginter. I'm sure one of Raspadori and Insigne will be signed as well. I don't see Insigne going to EPL, Spain or Juve.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Raspadori rejected juve, and I read Marotta will sign him and keep him on loan at Sassuolo. Hopefully true.

·
Registered
47,701 Posts
Are we the biggest non-EE EE club? In our squad, we have Croatia (x2), Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Turkey, Romania.

We were looking at Pjanic and are still looking at Vlahovic. I'm going to make sure that we start scouting Gvardiol! Azzkikr is probably seething as we create EE domination!

@Ante @Krle

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
41,078 Posts
Are we the biggest non-EE EE club? In our squad, we have Croatia (x2), Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Turkey, Romania.

We were looking at Pjanic and are still looking at Vlahovic. I'm going to make sure that we start scouting Gvardiol! Azzkikr is probably seething as we create EE domination!

@Ante @Krle
You can laugh about it now, but soon it'll be your downfall. 😀

18761 - 18780 of 18797 Posts