Xtratime Community banner
18481 - 18500 of 18545 Posts

·
Registered
18,291 Posts

·
Registered
65,027 Posts
Suning have been good overall though. Spent big, Inter returned to CL, and Inter returned to winning under them.

·
Registered
65,027 Posts
If our attack next season is Lukaku, Lautaro, Sanchez and Keita I am happy.

·
Registered
18,291 Posts
If our attack next season is Lukaku, Lautaro, Sanchez and Keita I am happy.
Would be great, although I feel Lautaro, Sanchez and Keita are similar-ish players. We could do with another strong, physical striker as vice-Lukaku.

I also wouldn't count on Sanchez staying if Keita arrives, given the insane wage the former is on.

·
Registered
47,179 Posts
IIRC there was a recent report talking about discussions to lower Sanchez's salary. No idea what's happening with that now.

·
Registered
65,027 Posts
Btw Zappacosta isn't bad imo, could be a new Darmian sort of signing.

·
Registered
65,027 Posts
IIRC there was a recent report talking about discussions to lower Sanchez's salary. No idea what's happening with that now.
Yes hopefully that materializes but even if he doesn't, we should still keep him at least for next season.

We currently need 1 forward, if Alexis leaves we would need 2.

Pinamonti should be sold or loaned.

·
Registered
18,291 Posts

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
24,784 Posts

·
Registered
65,027 Posts
Nacka the Swedish fanboy :D What is Slavkovski doing those days btw ?

I was very impressed with Isak, is he staying in Sociedad?

·
Registered
65,027 Posts
OFFICIAL: INTER TERMINATE JOAO MARIO’S CONTRACT
Joao Mario for Sporting v Braga

Inter have announced the termination of Joao Mario’s contract with the Nerazzurri, as the Portuguese midfielder edges closer to join Benfica.

The 28-year-old, who joined Inter from Sporting CP in August 2016, spent last term on loan at his former club in Portugal, after stints abroad with West Ham in England and Lokomotiv Moscow in Russia.

The Primeira Liga champions were reportedly looking for a permanent deal with the former Portugal international, but Joao Mario seems set for a move to rivals Benfica this month.

Inter released a statement saying they had reached an agreement with the player to terminate his contract one year early.

“FC Internazionale Milano announce that they have reached an agreement with the footballer Joao Mario for the termination of the contract with the club,” Inter said in an official statement.

Joao Mario is thus without a club and can sign with Benfica as a free agent.

---

This will obviously piss off Sporting, but it’s silly if we aren't getting any money from Benfica. May be Inter and Benfica arranged it this way to bypass the clause which prohibited Inter from selling Joao Mario to another Portuguese club...

·
Registered
65,027 Posts
BELLERIN PUSHING TO JOIN INTER
Hector Bellerin throw-in

According to Sky Sport Italia, Hector Bellerin is pushing to join Inter, but the Serie A giants and Arsenal haven’t reached an agreement yet.

The 26-year-old is one of Inter’s targets to replace Achraf Hakimi, who has joined PSG in a €71m deal.

Sky Sport Italia reports Bellerin has made it clear to the Arsenal board that he wants to join the Nerazzurri in the summer, but at the moment, there isn’t any agreement between the two clubs.
Arsenal are open to selling the Spaniard on loan with an option to buy that can become an obligation to buy if certain targets are met.

Inter, however, don’t want to include an obligation to buy in the agreement and are only considering signing the player on loan with an option to buy.

Talks between the two clubs are ongoing, but Bellerin has made Inter his priority and wants to play with the Serie A champions next season.

Inter are expected to have a low transfer budget as the COVID pandemic has severely hit their owners Suning.

Bellerin’s Arsenal contract expires in June 2023.

---

Nice

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Joao Mario has to be the worse transfer in the history. Even at the end he still manages to screw us with that non compete in portugal clause.

Pinamonti is very hard to move due to the wages raiola got for him.+ any move means big agent fee with raiola as well.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
24,784 Posts
Nacka the Swedish fanboy :D What is Slavkovski doing those days btw ?

I was very impressed with Isak, is he staying in Sociedad?
Slavkovski's career died the moment he became Macedonian.

Yeah, Isak just renewed his contract with Real Sociedad.

·
Registered
47,179 Posts
This will obviously piss off Sporting, but it’s silly if we aren't getting any money from Benfica. May be Inter and Benfica arranged it this way to bypass the clause which prohibited Inter from selling Joao Mario to another Portuguese club...
The termination is 1000% done to bypass the non-compete clause. There's no other explanation for it to happen exactly when Benfica comes in with an offer after talks with Sporting stalled.

It's possible that there's a legal battle. Sporting will say the non-compete survives termination while Inter will say Joao Mario's a free agent with free will. The thing is that non-competes usually bind the employee. E.g. you're a Sales VP in a big company in Cairo and agree with your employer that, if you leave, you won't work for a rival bike company in Cairo for 10 months. If JM himself isn't under a non-compete, it makes it more difficult for Sporting.

·
Registered
65,027 Posts
Slavkovski's career died the moment he became Macedonian.

Yeah, Isak just renewed his contract with Real Sociedad.
@vlepnat might not appreciate that comment me thinks.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
65,027 Posts
OFFICIAL: JOAO MARIO TO BENFICA

Benfica have officially announced the arrival of Joao Mario on a free transfer, after the Portuguese midfielder terminated his deal with Inter.

Joao Mario reached an agreement with Inter to termainate his deal at San Siro yesterday, and now he is officially a new Benfica player.

Benfica have announced the signing of the 28-year-old, who spent last term on loan with Sporting CP and helped the Verde e Brancos pick up the Primeira Liga title.

Sporting hoped the midfielder would return on a permanent deal, but rivals Benfica have swooped to secure a deal with the free agent.
🎥 @joaome17 é do SL Benfica!#DeTodosUm pic.twitter.com/cB0879PUgs
— SL Benfica (@SLBenfica) July 13, 2021

·
Registered
65,027 Posts
Esposito loaned to Basel

A good club but it would have been better had Esposito stayed and played in Serie A with Venezia.

·
Registered
65,027 Posts
SPORTING SUE INTER OVER JOAO MARIO DEAL

Sporting CP released a statement warning they will take legal action against Inter after Joao Mario signed for Benfica.

When Inter first purchased the player from Sporting in 2016, it had a clause forcing the Nerazzurri to pay up to €30m if they sold him to any other Portuguese club.

Because of that, he terminated his contract with Inter yesterday and then signed for Benfica as a free agent.

However, Sporting released a statement this afternoon warning they see through this tactic and will take legal action.

“Inter refused our proposal, they rescinded the contract with Joao Mario in order to get him to sign for Benfica,” read the statement.

“It is our belief that this workaround was used to avoid a clause signed in 2016. We will defend the interests of the club and sue for damages caused by the violation of these agreements.

“In 2016, Inter and Joao Mario accepted the clause to pay an extra €30m in case of sale to another Portuguese club.”

Joao Mario spent last season on loan at Sporting and they had tried to purchase him for €3.5m.

Benfica offered €7.5m, but with the clause present and the player seemingly with his heart set on this option, Inter preferred to terminate his contract by mutual consent.

---

3.5 mill offer... I am glad we gave him to Benfica instead regardless if they gave us something 'under the table' or not.

18481 - 18500 of 18545 Posts