Xtratime Community banner

18341 - 18360 of 18402 Posts

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
This sort of feels like the days after the Treble.

Euphoria followed by the sinking feeling that the project could already be finished.

Tuttosport says the squad will unanimously reject the 2 month salary idea.

So I guess now either a big player or two are sold (Lautaro/Lukaku/Barella/Bastoni/De Vrij) or the club trundles on with Dimarco and a couple of free agents as summer signings and keeps deferring wage payments.

Either way, Conte and several players will surely be tempted to jump ship.

This is why a Suning sale was/is by far the best option

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
The season after the Treble was decent too despite losing the league and the CL, although yeah after that things didn't go well.

Moratti didn't really sell anyone important that 2010 summer except Balotelli and that was because of a decent City offer and Mario being 'un neurone', but Massimo didn't spend much to strengthen the team. That squad was good enough though to still win the league but Rafa had other ideas..

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
If we keep the same coach and players and bring in a backup forward, Mandi/Maksimovic and Dimarco we can still win the league next season imo. So I wouldn't mind lack of spending personally.

If Hakimi is sold for instance then imo we should get Lazaro back as backup and start Darmian as rwb.

If Barella is sold I think a midfield of Vidal or Sensi or Gagliardini with Brozovic and Eriksen is still good.

So it's not a tragic situation if a couple of players are sold. Though ideally I prefer we keep the same coach and players.

Lukaku and Lautaro both just said they are happy at the club, anyhow let's see what happens.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Federico Dimarco will return to Inter at the end of the season as Verona will not make his move permanent.

“I lose sleep if I have the feeling I work for other clubs. He had never played [at Inter]. We’ve worked on him, and I would be sorry if we lose him almost for nothing. as it happned with Matteo Pessina.”

---

That quote was from Juric.

Dimarco would effectively replace Young and Kolarov. younger and cheaper. Good left foot.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
I am happy we ended the trophy drought, I think as Interisti we are strong enough to handle a few bad seasons afterwards, but it would be a bummer given what we have at the moment as this group can win more.

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
Would be amazing if true but don't know much about this guy. He's Sport Mediaset so not reliable, but who knows.

BTW this dude over at FIF puts Sport Mediaset in Tier 4 (out of 5, i.e. the second lowest) for reliability of football journalism:

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
I don't know how reliable Pistocchi is in terms of mercato but he hates juve so I like him.

@ToniSamp

·
Registered
46,849 Posts
Brozo wants to stay and would like a new contract.

He shouldn't just get a new contract...mans deserves a knighthood. @Ante

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Musso: 'Inter are the best team in Italy'
Football Italia
33 Minutes Ago

Udinese goalkeeper Juan Musso would love to play in the Champions League but is not distracted by the rumours of a potential move to Inter.

For Inter vs. Udinese tips and a full betting preview, visit Eurotips.

The Nerazzurri face the Friuli on Sunday and have been linked with a move for their opponent’s Argentine goalkeeper and thus a possible reunion with former Racing Club teammate Lautaro Martinez.

“Lautaro is playing for a great team, the best in Italy,” Musso told Goal.com.

“They have an incredible history.

“But I’m calm, I don’t want to go crazy because of the rumours of the transfer market. Let’s say the rumours doesn’t keep me up at night.

“I have a good relationship with Lautaro. We see each other a lot, even when we travel for international duty.

“I saw him grow at the youth team of Racing, we were in the first team together and now we are both in Serie A.”

But the target of the talented shot stopper is clear, he wants to play in the prestigious Champions League.

“I have already said that the Champions League is a dream for me,” he continued. “The teams that play in the Champions League are great clubs.

“I would be very happy if a favourable offer arrives for both me and Udinese. I would be very happy if we are all happy, because it would be good for everyone.”
Musso looks forward to the match against Inter and praised captain Rodrigo de Paul.

“He’s a really important player for us,” he said. “And this season he has shown that he has grown a lot.

“There’s also a group of Argentines here, and together we are doing well. We help each other improve.

“Inter are the best team in Serie A, but we can’t wait to play. We believe we can do it. In Udine we drew 0-0 in the first leg, so we know we can put them under pressure.”

---

Musso wants to join us.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Will Zhang convince Conte to stay?
Football Italia

Inter will have 1,000 fans at San Siro to celebrate the Scudetto against Udinese, but will it be Antonio Conte’s last game in charge of the Nerazzurri?

La Gazzetta dello Sport reports Conte wants to remain at the Giuseppe Meazza and continue his adventure with Inter.

The newspaper claims both the coach and President Steven Zhang are convinced to continue the project they started two years ago.

The coach from Lecce has targeted the second milestone already, and is motivated by winning the 20th Scudetto for the Beneamata, but he needs certainty from the club that three players will not leave this summer.

The report claims Conte must be guaranteed to keep Romelu Lukaku, Nicoló Barella and Lautaro Martinez to continue his work at Pinetina.

If Zhang can promise him this and reassure the coach about the future from a financial point of view, then Conte and Inter would move forward together.

On Sunday, 1,000 fans will have the opportunity to access San Siro for the Scudetto party against the Friuli at 14.00 UK time.

Tickets will be granted to sponsors, club employees and families of the players, but it’s still uncertain if they are witnessing the start or the end of a successful adventure with the former Juventus, Italy and Chelsea coach.

---

Hopefully Conte stays.

·
Registered
18,258 Posts

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
The arrival of fresh funds doesn’t stop the cost-cutting exercises, as Inter want to slice 15 to 20 per cent off their wage bill.

The transfer market will also be entirely self-funded through sales.

Sh*te if true

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
Another 275 million of pure debt, it seems.

So Inter basically over 1bn in debt now.

Suning will have to cash out soon.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
OFFICIAL: PADELLI MOVES TO UDINESE
Padelli

Udinese have signed Daniele Padelli on a free transfer from Inter and the 35-year-old returns to the Dacia Arena on a two-year deal.

The goalkeeper’s contract with the Nerazzurri expires in June 2021 and Padelli will not continue at San Siro.

The veteran only played one Serie A game in 2020-21 and has decided to re-join Udinese, where he spent two seasons between 2011 and 2013.

Padelli only played four League games during his four-year stint at Inter but has further experience in the top flight from his time with Bari and Torino.

“It’s with great pleasure that Udinese Calcio announce the return of Daniele Padelli to the Bianconeri,” the club wrote in a statement.

“The goalkeeper has signed a contract that ties him to the club until June 30, 2023.”

---

My best memory of Padelli at Inter was in the Coppa when he helped us win a penalty shootout against Pordenone in 17-18. This might not sound as much but he spared us the humiliation of being knocked out by a then Serie C club... anyhow he's an Inter fan who got a chance to play for the club he supports, not many get that chance.

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
Joao Mario about to sign for Sporting for 8 million

Hakimi will leave if PSG increase their offer to above 60 m euros (SKY)

Spaletti wants Vecino at Napoli (ANSA)

Would have thought those 3 combined would bring in 85 to 90 million (65+8+15).

Then get Vidal off the wage bill.

Will be difficult to keep Eriksen though 😥😔

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
It's clear there's no money for transfers unless there's an extra sale. I would say just trust Darmian, DDA and Lazaro at RWB and keep the rest of the team intact

Bring in Dimarco (already done), Salcedo, Esposito, Agoume.

Squad complete.

But I'm sure another player will be sold to finance a backup striker and one more full-back.

·
Registered
46,849 Posts
Liked your post for the main thrust but I'm not so sure about Salcedo (promising but needs to fill in many, many gaps) and especially not about @Nacka's bf Esposito.

I do think Agoume should be brought back though. Guy is definitey a work-in-progress but he has a number of really good qualities which justify development and belief in him. It's a pity that he wasn't here for Conte to develop him...I think his game may have leveled up exponentially under him vs improvement via loan spells.

I'd like for Lazaro to be given another shot. There are gaps in his game but he has talent and I like his commitment and passion...massive indicators for improvement. Hope he can walk the talk.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Yes I would be OK with Darmian, D'Ambrosio and Lazaro for rwb position in 21-22 if Hakimi is sold for big bucks. Darmian and DD helped us win the title and Lazaro will be hungry to prove himself, how bad can an Austrian international with EPL and Bundesliga experiences be?

Perisic and Dimarco for lwb is good enough.

Also reading about Radu replacing Kolarov in the lcb role, would be OK with that and obviously Inzaghi knows him. A Mancini getting Mihajlovic 2004 sort of move if it happens.

We would have 2 Radus lol.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Liked your post for the main thrust but I'm not so sure about Salcedo (promising but needs to fill in many, many gaps) and especially not about @Nacka's bf Esposito.

I do think Agoume should be brought back though. Guy is definitey a work-in-progress but he has a number of really good qualities which justify development and belief in him. It's a pity that he wasn't here for Conte to develop him...I think his game may have leveled up exponentially under him vs improvement via loan spells.

I'd like for Lazaro to be given another shot. There are gaps in his game but he has talent and I like his commitment and passion...massive indicators for improvement. Hope he can walk the talk.
Conte had Agoume in 19-20, but obviously barely played him.

18341 - 18360 of 18402 Posts