Xtratime Community banner

18281 - 18300 of 18349 Posts

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
View attachment 72936

Experienced cb from a top league on a free sounds good. Admittedly I rarely watch Betis. Our previous Algerian signings flopped though (Taider and Belfodil) but Mandi will only be backup so seems like an ok signing to make and he has more experience than Taider or Belfodil.

I bet red will call him Mandy hehe.
Interesting

We have got most of our defensive signings right in the Suning era, especially at CB (Miranda, SDV, Skriniar, Bastoni) and I'm guessing most were the work of Ausilio (OK, also Sabattini).

Will watch some videos of the guy. He is right footed, so presumably not a replacement for Kolarov. Maybe he'll replace Rannocchia.

·
Registered
64,505 Posts
Miranda was pre-Suning though. He was in Thohir's time.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Yeah, true

·
Registered
18,163 Posts

·
Registered
64,505 Posts
Musso is good but I don't think a new starting gk is needed for next season, may be for 2022-2023 onwards. If we buy him then hopefully he stays at Udinese next season

·
Registered
64,505 Posts

He was highly rated in that Ajax side that reached CL semis in 18-19 but I personally don't think he is that good.

·
Registered
64,505 Posts
Who is Inter target Mandi?
Football Italia
58 Minutes Ago

Inter are being linked with a free transfer for Real Betis defender Aissa Mandi, but who is the 29-year-old defender?

Mandi has become one of the hottest names ahead of the next transfer window, as his contract with the La Liga side expires in June.

Multiple reports have linked the 29-year-old with the Nerazzurri, who have offered the Algeria international a deal worth €2m a season, according to Estadio Deportivo and Le Buteur.

Mandi will reportedly announce his decision to leave his current club next week and Inter are reportedly in pole position to sign the centre-back.

He was born in France, but of Algerian origins, whom he chose to represent on an international level.

The former Stade de Reims defender, who moved to Real Betis in July 2016, is a versatile defender, who can operate at both full-backs, but prefers to play in the middle.

His career started in France with mentioned Reims and made his debut in Ligue 2 with the first team 11 years ago.

He was a regular in the starting line-up in 2011-12 and helped the side win promotion to Ligue 1.

After six seasons and 169 games with Reims, he moved to Real Betis for a reported €2.8m.

The defender also contributed with 14 goals during his time with the French side and continued to impress in Spain.

Mandi, who has played 24 games in La Liga this term, was the Player of the Year at Betis in 2018-19 and has played 169 competitive games with Los Verdiblancos since arriving five years ago.

The versatile defender, capped 60 times by Algeria, won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2019, where he played alongside Milan midfielder Ismael Bennacer.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Pedulla says we are looking at Silvestri of Verona whose contract expires in 2022.

He should be cheap enough given his age (30) and contract status.

I doubt he'd be first choice. The guy played 3 seasons in the Championship with Leeds FFS (was a bench player for one of those seasons)

Also talk of Pirola leaving for 10m and Agoume for 15m.

Sconcerti has pointed out that club debt should be around the 900 million mark after the 250 million loan comes in from the US, and it is likely just to cover costs (mostly wages) up to June of this year.

Suning need to sell the club as fast as possible. If they can't invest, they will simply bankrupt Inter.

·
Registered
64,505 Posts
Surely banks/firms don't just hand out loans for 250mill without some sort of guarantees for payback. Suning must have a plan and I trust them, they earned it. The fact that they are battling to keep hold of Inter is admirable.

·
Registered
64,505 Posts
Sconcerti is regarded as an idiot I believe in Italy. May be @ToniSamp can confirm or deny. But the general feeling I get from Interisti on social media is that he isn't liked at all.

·
Registered
64,505 Posts
I hope Agoume doesn't go. If he does leave though I hope we will have a buyback clause.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
I don't think it's just Sconcerti saying that we need a 250m loan to cover short term obligations.

It's not as simple as Suning just holding out, btw. Lenders/buyers aren't exactly lining up and offering a billion bucks...understandable since it's a football club and since there's a pandemic. Also, interested parties have noted that a lot of our sponsorship revenue is from Chinese companies (which are thought to be linked to Suning and/or only there for Suning). They are concerned about what happens to this if Suning leaves or if their role is diminished...and there'd be a concern even if they don't due to Govt restrictions. It means they'd have to hunt to replace these companies which isn't going to be easy and which takes time. Suning themselves didn't exactly source for sponsorship from the open market.

·
Registered
64,505 Posts
I was mainly referring to the 900mill part which might be exaggerated/inaccurate.

Suning rejected 750mill from BC Partners for full ownership if reports are to be believed. They could have accepted that, hardly a small amount.

If this is about the pandemic then things will pick up. Do they even have corona cases in China any more?

Moreover it would benefit China that one if its companies manages the current best team in one of the top European leagues.

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
For the outright sale, the gap between the offer and what Suning wanted was just too big.

Had they accepted 750m at the time, they can't simply tell their investors it's hardly a small amount. They also have creditors so they need to maximise as much as they can. Not forgetting that those were early days too...when Suning felt that they could receive offers in the zone of their stated valuation.

It isn't just about the pandemic. The Chinese Govt has significantly pulled back on capital outflow before the pandemic too. We know it well here as we are affected by it (e.g. property market). Why did they do it before? Some of the reasons given were slowing economic growth numbers (in 2018, due to the trade war), the stock-market sell-off, currency devaluation.

More worrying is the shift in policy towards ownership of sports teams, etc. China believes that the money should be directed towards developing football at home. While capital outflow restrictions in general may be lifted after some months, a policy shift like this may not change along with that.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Surely banks/firms don't just hand out loans for 250mill without some sort of guarantees for payback.
Of course, but it's still more debt, I.e. paying old debt with new debt.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
I was mainly referring to the 900mill part which might be exaggerated/inaccurate.
Huh? How is that inaccurate?

GDS and others have pointed out the club is 630 million in debt. I'm no mathematician, but 630 + 250 = 880, which is pretty close to 900.

·
Registered
47,348 Posts
Sconcerti is regarded as an idiot I believe in Italy. May be @ToniSamp can confirm or deny. But the general feeling I get from Interisti on social media is that he isn't liked at all.
He is not liked for sure. Sometimes what he says is extremely controversial. Other times what he says is plain dumb ("CR7 would warm the bench at Juventus").

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
Sounds like he should have a weekly podcast with Cassano.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Would someone like to point out how we're supposed to pay off 880 million euros in debt?

If the club was sold to a rich new investor, they could just drop a few hundred million of their own cash and dig the club out of this hole.

Suning are forbidden to spend money on Inter by the Chinese government. Inter is supposed to be a "self-sustaining" enterprise.

None of it adds up.

18281 - 18300 of 18349 Posts