Xtratime Community banner

18261 - 18280 of 18288 Posts

·
Registered
46,531 Posts
Pretty much. What it looks like atm is that we're sourcing a 250m loan to deal with debt. That will likely be a hybrid deal, meaning the lender will get equity in the club but Suning will retain control.

If we're dealing with debt, then like Azz says, we won't have cash to burn. And that gives more credibility to reports that it looks like we will have to offload at least one BIG player. One report (can't recall the source now...check Sempreinter) says this may be Lauti.

·
Banned
340 Posts
CDS reporting similar things.

Alot will depend on conte staying as well. If he opts out in the summer (which isn't all that unlikely considering he won't get major signings in the summer plus likely lose a key player, we all know he is very demanding). Then selling Lukaku would make alot of sense since he would command the highest transfer fee and he is also the highest earning player. Losing him and conte massive salary would ironically go a long way towards saving the club or atleast minimize the inevitable recession period greatly. We would get back on track faster that way no doubt.

Any new coach is also unlikely to get as much out of Lukaku anyways, as conte has tailor-made his system for him, so selling Lukaku for big money if conte goes makes sense.

If conte stays, then I imagine lautaro will be sold, that's probably the reason why we are waiting to renew his contract as well. Brozovic is most likely out as well and obviously eriksen if we can find a buyer for him that can /will match his salary.

I think the club will do everything to renew barella and bastoni and keep the defense though, no matter what happens.

·
Registered
63,883 Posts
How come Lukaku would command the highest transfer fee, though? I thought he was only a donkey? :lala:

·
Registered
63,883 Posts
You do realisze that the club must replace a player like Lukaku with another top striker if he is sold right? So not sure how selling Lukaku would save anything. And if we get someone like Simeone he would demand a high salary too, so again makes no sense to say that Conte and Lukaku leaving would save the club, unless your idea of saving the club is replacing Conte and Lukaku with De Zerbi and Caputo perhaps. Which doesn't seem like a good idea. 💡

·
Registered
63,883 Posts
So you think we will start next season with Lautaro, Sanchez and Pinamonti?

Inter also had debts before, the club didn't go bankrupt.

What we know is that there are interested parties willing to invest in the club, which means that the picture isn't as gloomy as you paint it.

We will have to wait and see, but saying that Muriel to Inter is absurd, lol. It's Muriel not Mbappe or Halaand...

·
Registered
17,978 Posts
Elliot paid off all of Milan's 123 million euro debt in 2018.

The solution is simply for Suning to sell the club. Unfortunately, they have a stupidly high valuation, but they will eventually lower it.

Remember that Milan were reportedly bankrupt yet didn't sell any of Donarruma, Romagnoli, etc. In fact they got acquired and signed the likes of Bennaccer, Tonali, Theo. Inter would need a bigger investment to cover the massive wages at the club, but getting rid of Vidal and Kolarov is a good start.

However, it absolutely IS a problem is if Suning want to keep the club as some status object, yet invest zero money in it. At that point they will have to sell players. I would have thought Lautaro, Eriksen and Skriniar would be first out the door, but who knows. I doubt it's Lukaku or Barella, given their importance to the team.

·
Banned
340 Posts
Lukakus importance diminishes greatly if cunte leaves.

So you think we will start next season with Lautaro, Sanchez and Pinamonti?

Inter also had debts before, the club didn't go bankrupt.

What we know is that there are interested parties willing to invest in the club, which means that the picture isn't as gloomy as you paint it.

We will have to wait and see, but saying that Muriel to Inter is absurd, lol. It's Muriel not Mbappe or Halaand...
30m for Muriel IS absurd for the reasons I mentioned earlier. It's not feasible in our current financial situation. Even if he wasn't old and we had the money for him, I don't even think he is good enough to cost that kinda money tbh, but that's something else.

No, ofcourse there will be a replacement of sorts if Lukaku is sold. But it won't be a direct 'equal money' replacement.

Selling Lukaku for around 90-100m along with his 20m+ gross salary and getting a 30m~ striker at about half the wages would probably be the case.

Similarly a new coach at (at most) half the salary.

These two changes alone would go a long way towards a brighter future.

Its obviously all speculation, if conte stays then so does Lukaku obviously. But if he goes, then selling Lukaku makes perfect sense.

And there are/were interested parties yes, but none that will meet sunings valuation. Suning doesn't even want to sell, now they want a loan to cover some dept, which solves nothing long term.

·
Registered
46,531 Posts
Lukakus importance diminishes greatly if cunte leaves
I don't think that will be the club's assessment. He's looked at as the biggest star we have. I think the club would prefer to keep him and sell others if it came to it.

If you put any stock into recent reports, they seem to support this...saying that offers from Barça and Man City have been rebuffed. On the other hand, they haven't reported the same thing about interest for others.

·
Registered
46,531 Posts

The solution is simply for Suning to sell the club. Unfortunately, they have a stupidly high valuation, but they will eventually lower it.

Remember that Milan were reportedly bankrupt yet didn't sell any of Donarruma, Romagnoli, etc. In fact they got acquired and signed the likes of Bennaccer, Tonali, Theo. Inter would need a bigger investment to cover the massive wages at the club, but getting rid of Vidal and Kolarov is a good start.

However, it absolutely IS a problem is if Suning want to keep the club as some status object, yet invest zero money in it. At that point they will have to sell players. I would have thought Lautaro, Eriksen and Skriniar would be first out the door, but who knows. I doubt it's Lukaku or Barella, given their importance to the team.
BC Partners appears to be out of the picture based because of their valuation (I think 750m?). The offers being currently looked at are in the region of 250m...in other words, not an outright sale.

·
Registered
63,883 Posts
Azz makes it seem that Lukaku would only score 20 or so goals a season in the league with Conte as a coach, did Lukaku have Conte when he scored a lot in England? Or when he became the record scorer for Belgium? No, no. Lukaku would still score a lot even if Conte leaves. Hopefully neither leave though.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
63,883 Posts

Tbh I trust Suning after all they have done for Inter since 2016 so will give them the benefit of doubt. They sold off 25% of their assets in China so they have more liquidity. If their situation was unsolvable they would have sold the club for 750mill to BC Partners, it's not like 750mill is peanuts..

·
Registered
47,287 Posts
I'm not sure if it makes sense to reply to a permabanned member but writing about a "brighter future" as long as Conte leaves and Lukaku is sold is an interesting point of view to share, in the season in which Conte and Lukaku are crucial for the scudetto of Inter.
I'm not saying he is wrong... maybe Inter could hire a super coach coming from some country different from Italy and maybe buy a super striker without an African heritage, who prove the permabanned one right.

·
Registered
63,883 Posts
Azz's hatred for Conte (well, Cunte..) and Lukaku is absurd tbh. Both leaving Inter is good news... for juventus.

·
Registered
17,978 Posts
Tbh I trust Suning after all they have done for Inter since 2016 so will give them the benefit of doubt. They sold off 25% of their assets in China so they have more liquidity. If their situation was unsolvable they would have sold the club for 750mill to BC Partners, it's not like 750mill is peanuts..
It doesn't matter if they have 10 trillion lying around: They are forbidden from investing in football by the CCP.

They need to sell.

·
Registered
17,840 Posts
What about that Jerdy Schouten kid from Bologna? He seemed pretty good in their midfield. Looks like an active ball-mover that Inter could use as a back-up to Brozovic. I guess the theme of this thread is there is no money though...

·
Registered
63,883 Posts
I haven't watched enough of Bologna to judge him tbh but I doubt he would be expensive.

·
Registered
63,883 Posts

Experienced cb from a top league on a free sounds good. Admittedly I rarely watch Betis. Our previous Algerian signings flopped though (Taider and Belfodil) but Mandi will only be backup so seems like an ok signing to make and he has more experience than Taider or Belfodil.

I bet red will call him Mandy hehe.

18261 - 18280 of 18288 Posts