Xtratime Community banner

18241 - 18260 of 18284 Posts

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
Or that.

But if new owners buy a club the size of Inter by paying 700-800mill I think they will try their best to succeed, and keeping the same sporting structure at least for a year instead of changing in transition would be the wise thing to do. Plus Conte still has a year left on his contract..

·
Registered
17,951 Posts

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
Inter already has an agreement with Wijnaldum , burning Barcelona's competition. This is the indiscretion reported by #SportMediaset that took all the professionals by surprise. An agreement that the Nerazzurri seem to have reached for a year already. The boy, expiring in June with Liverpool, has decided to leave the Reds and seems to be seriously willing to undertake a speech with Antonio #Conte's team.

When will #Wijnaldum arrive at Inter? Obviously, if the situation is definitively released, starting from June. An important shot for Conte who will be able to add an expert profile with great qualities to his package of midfielders

---

Would be a nice signing, a starting Liverpool player for free.

·
Registered
17,951 Posts
Great player

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
Saudis and Americans show interest too apparently

·
Registered
63,809 Posts

A mix of Suning staying with the Saudis having part ownership seems better than changing 100%... we'll see, interesting months ahead.

·
Registered
17,951 Posts
I'm certain Suning will sell their majority share

·
Banned
340 Posts

Makes sense considering our financial situation.

We already have Eriksen and Vidal on high wages in the midfield. Getting another 30+ year old on high salary isnt viable for us. We also have Barella who will definitely get a much improved contract this summer. Not to mention Brozovic whos contract situation is unclear, leading to me thinking that he will leave this summer, but who knows. If he doesnt leave, he will get a much improved contract as well, making it even more unlikely to sign another high salary midfielder.

We would probably have to get Eriksen or Vidal off the books to afford wijnaldum, which means selling Eriksen as Cunte obviously wont offload Vidal no matter what. Eriksen would have to perform alot better for the rest of the season before any team will buy him though, considering they would have to match his current salary as well. Not happening.

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
Linked to Muriel

Lukaku, Lautaro, Alexis and Muriel would be great for 21-22. Muriel said before he supported Inter so he could fancy the move.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
63,809 Posts

·
Registered
46,484 Posts
Like Muriel a lot. Can be patchy but he's really hit some super special form over the last season or so.

As for the suitors, I like Fortress a lot.

·
Registered
17,820 Posts
Muriel is cool but that's a lot of money to spend on a 30yo. I do understand you need a better replacement than Sanchez though.

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
Inter don't need huge spending so 20-30mill on Muriel is ok as we wouldn't need anyone else upfront for next season. The issue isn't Sanchez, the issue is we only have 3 players for 2 positions because Pinamonti doesn't cut it. The positive thing with Muriel is that he would accept the bench, I don't recall reading about him causing problems at Atalanta when Gasp depended mainly on Gomez, Zapata and Ilicic.

·
Registered
17,951 Posts
Muriel would be great

25/30 million is fine. He's 29, not 36. And best minutes-to-goals ratio in the league.

Perfect signing. Then we just need a left back, preferably Gosens, but he'll probably be too expensive.

·
Registered
46,484 Posts
We had opportunities to sign Muriel in the past but never went for it.

Gosens would be great, yeah. Like you've been saying though, Juventus will be all over him.

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
City want him too it seems, and Atletico

With City involved the price rises. No one spends more on defenders than them.

·
Registered
46,484 Posts
Muriel is cool but that's a lot of money to spend on a 30yo. I do understand you need a better replacement than Sanchez though.
Sanchez is great. Media and outsiders seem to think he's either flopped or done based on his goal numbers. But they haven't looked at the positive things he's done. In fact, they didn't even look at other numbers like assists or at efficiency.

He racked up something like 8 assists last season in a short amount of time after being out for ages with injury. His assist per 90 min ratio is much higher than it ever was. 0.79 last season compared with 0.48 (his previous highest) in 2012/13. His ratio so far this season is 0.53.

As for goals, he's not as prolific as he was, but he has 0.53 goals per 90 mins this season. This is better than 2008 - 2011, 2012/13, 2014-16, 2017 - 2019 and of course last season.

For a backup striker, I have zero complaints. Well, just one...cheap turnovers sometimes (not really in the more recent games though).

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
Yeah he cost us a couple of goals or so due to losing possession but obviously he did more positives than negatives.

·
Banned
340 Posts
Time to get back to reality. We are obviously not going to spend 25/30 million on a 30 year old backup forward like Muriel.

The entire idea is absurd considering:
1. 30m for a backup is crazy.
2. He is 30 years old.
3. Our financial situation is extremely dire, depts left and right. We also have many of our bests players wanting an improved contract. The Mercato funds will be extremely limited. We need to worry about keeping our best players not fantasizing about 30m signings.

I know red has been trying to convince everyone that once we get new owners or new minority shareholders then everything will be great and money will rain from the sky. But thats obviously not realistic.

This summer will be about damage control financially and extending barella, lautaro, possibly brozovic, bastoni, possibly others as well. These new and improved contacts will already cost alot of money.

We will be looking for loan deals and cheap options in the Mercato no doubt. Unless a big sale is made,then you forget about any transfers in the 20m+ range that's for sure.

18241 - 18260 of 18284 Posts