Xtratime Community banner

17881 - 17900 of 17910 Posts

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Well the rumour is that Suning decided not to invest in Inter this summer.... or were prevented from doing so by the CCP. The club had to use its own finances. Understandable that the CCP has stopped 'frivolous' foreign investment in case a major economic crash comes.

The disadvantage of having Chinese owners, I guess.
Tbf they already spent a lot from 2016 til 2020. It's enough to say that Suning brought in Inter's most expensive defender ever (Hakimi), Inter's most expensive midfielder ever (Barella) and our most expensive striker and player in general ever (Lukaku)

Last season with a bit more luck and concentration in decisive moments we could have won a couple of trophies so the foundation is good. Vidal, Hakimi, Perisic, Nainggolan and Kolarov improves our depth and options. And Pinamonti is an upgrade on Esposito, at least physically stronger and more experienced.

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Joao Mario arrives for Sporting medical
Football Italia
2 Hours Ago

Inter midfielder Joao Mario has arrived in Portugal to undergo his medical before reportedly completing a one-year loan move to Sporting CP.

Calciomercato.com reveals the Portuguese midfielder, who spent last term on loan at Lokomotiv Moscow, has travelled to his homeland to complete a return to the Lisbon side.

Joao Mario will move on a dry loan to Sporting CP, without any options or obligations to buy, and the report claims the Leoes will only pay one third of his salary, around €1m.

27-year-old moved in the opposite direction to Inter in August 2016 but never quite settled at the Nerazzurri.

The Portugal international, capped 46 times, spent six months on loan at West Ham too, and has appeared 69 times for Inter during the last four years.

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
If he does well in Portugal either Sporting will buy him OR Benfica/Porto could try to nick him from a rival next summer. Let's see.

·
Registered
24,044 Posts
He is one of the least professional players at the top level of the sport, so let's see.

But as I say, I would start Nainggolan until Sensi really comes back to full fitness+form, and my ideal Sensi-less line-up would be:

------------------------------Handa-------------------------------------

--------------Skriniar-------De-Vrij-----Bastoni---------------------

Hakimi------Vidal---------Barella--------Nainggolan------Young

-----------------------Lukaku--------Lautaro--------------------------

For me that is a great team.
I'd definitely prefer Brozo (if he regains his form) over Nainggolan.

·
Registered
16,668 Posts
Tbf they already spent a lot from 2016 til 2020. It's enough to say that Suning brought in Inter's most expensive defender ever (Hakimi), Inter's most expensive midfielder ever (Barella) and our most expensive striker and player in general ever (Lukaku)

Last season with a bit more luck and concentration in decisive moments we could have won a couple of trophies so the foundation is good. Vidal, Hakimi, Perisic, Nainggolan and Kolarov improves our depth and options. And Pinamonti is an upgrade on Esposito, at least physically stronger and more experienced.
It's definitely a significantly better squad than last season.

Although until I see evidence to the contrary, Kolarov and Perisic are not upgrades on Godin and Biraghi.

Hakimi, Vidal and Nainggolan are big additions though

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Official: Joao Mario loaned to Sporting
Football Italia

Inter have officially sent midfielder Joao Mario on loan to Sporting CP, without an option to buy.

The 27-year-old returns to the club he left for €40m to join Inter in the summer of 2016.

Since that big transfer, he has gone on loan to West Ham United and Lokomotiv Moscow.

is a dry loan, so there is no option to buy at the end of the 2020-21 season.

His contract with Inter runs to June 2022.

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Linked with a summer free transfer signing of Kun Aguero

·
Registered
16,668 Posts
Certainly an upgrade on Pinamonti...

God only knows what Aguero's wages would be like though....

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Gervinho: ‘I was close to Inter'
Football Italia

Parma star striker Gervinho confirms he was close to joining Inter in the summer: ‘It would have been an honour.'

The former Arsenal star could have joined the Nerazzurri in a swap deal with Andrea Pinamonti but Inter and Parma failed to reach an agreement in the final days of the summer transfer window.

"I was close to joining Inter, a club to respect, but I’m not disappointed,” the 33-year-old told Talent d'Afrique.

I'm happy to stay in Parma. The club heavily rely on me, and I’m happy here,” he insisted.

“If I had played for Inter it would have been an advantage for me and for my career, but that’s fine. Being linked with the Nerazzurri was an honor for me."

Gervinho has played with Roma and Parma in Serie A. He has 20 goals in 65 appearances in all competitions with the Ducali.

---

May be we will go for him in January. We should.

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
A LB who impressed me recently is Shakhtar's young LB Viktor Korniyenko. Can see him going to a top league. May be we can target him..keep an eye on him when we play against Shakhtar.

·
Registered
16,668 Posts
Gervinho: ‘I was close to Inter'
Football Italia

Parma star striker Gervinho confirms he was close to joining Inter in the summer: ‘It would have been an honour.'

The former Arsenal star could have joined the Nerazzurri in a swap deal with Andrea Pinamonti but Inter and Parma failed to reach an agreement in the final days of the summer transfer window.

"I was close to joining Inter, a club to respect, but I’m not disappointed,” the 33-year-old told Talent d'Afrique.

I'm happy to stay in Parma. The club heavily rely on me, and I’m happy here,” he insisted.

“If I had played for Inter it would have been an advantage for me and for my career, but that’s fine. Being linked with the Nerazzurri was an honor for me."

Gervinho has played with Roma and Parma in Serie A. He has 20 goals in 65 appearances in all competitions with the Ducali.

---

May be we will go for him in January. We should.
Would have been a good signing. Pity it didn't happen.

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
16,668 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
How would you guys use Gervinho, as a backup for Lautaro Martinez?

Modern tactics are lost on me, but I don't think he would do well as a wide midfielder with defensive responsibilities. At least not against tougher opposition. Wouldn't it be overkill to have both Alexis Sanchez and Gervinho as backups for Martinez? They would cost you almost €10m per season in wages, and stay for at least 2 seasons. Both are 32+ too.

Signing Aguero next summer also seems risky, he is 32 now, and starting to have his fair share of injury problems. He'd probably demand €12-15m in basic wages, since he'd come for free. I can see why it would be attractive to sign him, but I think you would be better off looking at younger alternatives.

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Sanchez got injured last season for several months and is injured now, if he can play as a forward then Gervinho can. Both are wide players but can play as support striker and create or score. He won't be a wide forward at this Inter, he would play with Lukaku or Lautaro upfront, and would be a good experienced backup.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ah ok, with Sanchez continuing to struggle with injuries I do see the need for another player who can play upfront.

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Linked with a January move for Gervinho

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Ndombele: 'Why I didn't join Inter'
Football Italia

Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele has confirmed Inter wanted to sign him in the summer and reveals why he stayed in London.

Ndombele had been linked with a move to the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza before Inter signed Arturo Vidal last summer.

“The President said no [to Inter],” Ndombele told Canal Plus.

"He wanted me to stay and I wanted to give more than the previous season.

“Mourinho and I put misunderstandings behind us and the results are there to be seen.”

The 23-year-old joined Tottenham from Lyon for €60m in summer 2019.

“I’ve proved [José] Mourinho we are motivated, that’s all that matters. Things are going well with the coach, everyone has put his ego on one side.”

·
Registered
16,668 Posts
Posting this here too in case anyone missed it. Could be total BS of course. If we were to sign Isco then I would have thought it means the club has little faith in Sensi. Also: is Isco more hard-working than Eriksen? Probably since every player on the planet except Özil works harder than Eriksen.

But Paredes strikes me as a better fit, even if he only has a fraction of Isco's talent.

·
Registered
16,668 Posts
Analysis of Isco here from a La Liga fan. Should be clear to everyone that Isco is not suited to Conte-ball in the way Barella, Vidal and Sensi are:

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Me doing my bit to bring Casemiro to Inter

Reactions: Firdaus
17881 - 17900 of 17910 Posts