Xtratime Community banner

17841 - 17860 of 17906 Posts

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
I think Rennes will buy him, they may be in the CL again next season so are a club on the up and Dalbert will relish a return to France. Don't think he is a bad player, didn't really get many starts at Inter.

·
Registered
45,708 Posts
He has the goods but it's the mentality that's the issue, imo. I think a team that is highly organised in all phases would suit him best...a German team, basically.

·
Registered
61,310 Posts

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
Not really a transfer rumor per se but I was watching River vs. Sao Paulo in Libertadores and a River player scored a double, his name is Julian Alvarez. Looks like he is a good finisher. With our strong tradition of Argentine strikers (and Argentine players in general) we should always follow that country/league

He is still young too.

·
Registered
16,665 Posts
The club has lowered its valuation of Nainggolan to 10 million euros so a deal with Cagliari is close. Cagliari may insert some random central midfield from their youth team (Landinetti) into the deal (I bet that's the last we'll ever hear of him...).

Di Marzio says our purchases are done after the Darmian signing. Disappointing if true as DM and LWB positions are weak.

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
We have several players who can play LWB, don't think it's a priority at all. I guess it's clear we can't afford Kante/Partey so may be next summer...

·
Registered
24,044 Posts
We have several players who can play LWB, don't think it's a priority at all. I guess it's clear we can't afford Kante/Partey so may be next summer...
If we want to improve we definitely need a quality left wingback. All of the ones we have are either mediocre or don't fit the position.

Kolarov and Young are sort of okay at best.
Perisic isn't really a wingback.
Asamoah, is he still alive?
Dalbert, LOL.

So a left wingback and a proper DM should be our next priorities.

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
Young had pretty decent numbers considering he only had half a season, then there's Perisic who will play the role in some matches as will Kolarov, not forgetting DD and Hakimi that can play there. Heck I bet Bastoni would make a good LWB if need be. DM would be a bigger priority. I refuse to believe Perisic can't play WB when the likes of Chiesa, Cuadrado, Candreva and Kulusevski have played in that position.

Naturally looking at the ages of Kolarov and Young in a year or two we will need a LWB but I doubt we do now.

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
Napoli secure Bakayoko deal
Football Italia

Napoli are reportedly on the verge of signing Tiemoue Bakayoko on loan from Chelsea, but there is no option to buy in the deal.

According to multiple Italian sources, including Sky Sport Italia and Sportitalia, an agreement is practically done between the clubs.

The midfielder is also said to be enthusiastic about the transfer, having already played one season in Serie A on loan at Milan.

He had been linked with a return to the Rossoneri, but they wanted an option to buy rather than an obligation for €25m.

It seems as if Napoli are content to accept a dry loan – without an option to buy – that will reunite Bakayoko with his former Milan coach Gennaro Gattuso.

The 26-year-old spent last season on loan at Monaco, the club he had left for €40m in the summer of 2017.

---

Perhaps we should have gone for him, no transfer fee..try him out for a season and then see.

·
Registered
16,665 Posts
That means Napoli won't be taking Vecino. Not a big deal- he may come in useful

·
Registered
16,665 Posts
It is a huge problem, which will become abundantly clear very soon.

You said the same thing about our midfield in Spalletti's 2nd season when it was insanely obvious we were understrength. We literally didn't have enough midfielders to put out a competitive team in the latter stages of the CL or at any stage in the EL.

Young is geriatric, Kolarov is far too slow to cover the whole left flank, Dalbert and Asamoah are leaving, Perisic is a forward, not a midfielder or defender.

My guess is that Conte will rotate between Young and Darmian. But the club needs to sign someone in the next 72 hours

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
We won't sign any WBs after Darmian, simply because we have players who play on both flanks aside from Young/Kolarov. It's clear we can't afford a 20mill/30mill/40mill player or so. Barella, Sensi and Hakimi were effectively bought this summer for 100mill or whereabouts. Which is basically the Icardi sale and CL money.

What exactly did I say? Don't recall.

But in 18-19 we had Vecino, Valero, Gagliardini, Brozovic, Nainggolan as central midfielders, not sure how many more we needed to have for 'depth'. Was hardly our worst season ever either, there were worse seasons recently. We exited CL not to lack of depth, but because Asamoah gifted PSV a goal and Lautaro failing to make it 2-1. That was the decisive match that knocked us out. In EL we were hurt more with Icardi's no show and Lautaro being suspended against Frankfurt so we had no number 9 in the second leg. In that tie Brozovic failed to score a penalty in Germany which could well have qualified us, and De Vrij made a huge mistake leading to Jovic scoring the decisive goal in the second leg. So as you can see mistakes of starting players were significant, it's not as if were eliminated because we fielded a team of Primaveras.

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
We are being linked again with Marcos Alonso. Decent player and obviously knows 352, if he comes I won't complain. If Chelsea loaned Moses to us and are loaning Bakayoko then may be we can get Alonso on loan...

·
Registered
104 Posts
v98bpcad9lp51.png

Vidal: Lets fook La Viola and that old dude Ribery up! :ferocious:
Nainggolan: Why the fook am I still here? :confused:

·
Registered
61,310 Posts

They are top of the French league and will play CL so a good move. Looks like Rennes fancy players from Serie A: N'Zonzi, Mbaye Niang, Dalbert and Rugani.

They have a pretty promising young midfielder in Eduardo Camavinga, caught my eye against PSG last season

·
Registered
16,665 Posts
Good move for him. Conte never gave him any sort of chance, it seems.

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
Don't forget tomorrow is a 3pm kickoff @red

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
Nainggolan wants to join that shitty Cagliari team lolf. I hope he will enjoy the battle to avoid relegation.

In other news, PSG really love Serie A players

·
Registered
16,665 Posts
The Joao Mario to PSG story was fake

Some news source in France got their info completely wrong. PSG were trying to sign some other Portuguese midfielder

Joao Mario is still totally unsellable

In other news, Juve are close to a deal for Chiesa. Hugely disappointing to see Milan and Juve pick up the biggest talents in the league while we only get Hakimi and Vidal.

17841 - 17860 of 17906 Posts