Xtratime Community banner

17481 - 17500 of 17537 Posts

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
Look, I agree with Ahmed's point about us needing a DM. The centre of this team is far too weak.

However, Tonali is, by all accounts, a generational talent, and to miss out on the guy - when he actually wants to play for Inter and we have a very good rapport with Brescia - would be insanity. Tonali is already excellent - it is nonsense to say that he is some sort of barely capable rough diamond. His ceiling is way above that of Brozovic.

We simply need Tonali AND a DM this summer. Eriksen and Sensi both look like write-offs and I am fully in favour of selling one of the two (this summer).

We need as much quality as possible.

There are no indications whatsoever that Kante is a) for sale b) interested in a move c) in anyway fit enough to justify a 50 million euro price tag. The Kante rumours are total and utter speculation - nothing more. Lampard may want Kante as the first name on his team sheet for the 20/21 season.

Tonali's price will not be 50 million euros. He will not play in Serie B next season. Brescia are not in any sort of bargaining position. They will have to sell for somewhere between 30 and 40 million (probably much closer to 30).

My suggestion would be to take Firpo, Vidal + 70 million from Barca, have a starting midfield of Brozo, Vidal, Barella/Tonali. Keep Vecino. Keep one of Sensi and Eriksen (probably Eriksen).

I think a 6-man midfield pool of Barella, Vidal, Vecino, Eriksen, Brozovic, Tonali is good enough to get us through a season.

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
Vidal has to be a makeweight in that Lautaro deal. I honestly don't see the deal getting done otherwise.

·
Registered
45,011 Posts
Kanté > Tonali > Vidal

I fail to see any upside at all from signing Vidal, unless he comes on a free transfer and at a reasonable wage. The dude is 33 already. As I've said earlier, I'm not up to speed regarding Kanté's injury problems. If he still has issues maybe Tonali is a better signing, I'd like a proper defensive midfielder though.
If Kanté can stay fit, he'd be a total game changer for us.

So could Tonali though.

Like @red says though, the Kanté reports seem to be more fantasy than anything else atm.

So we should desist from getting our proverbial knickers in a twist over a choice that doesn't exist. (@Nerazzurri4life note the rhyme)

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Kanté > Tonali > Vidal

I fail to see any upside at all from signing Vidal, unless he comes on a free transfer and at a reasonable wage. The dude is 33 already. As I've said earlier, I'm not up to speed regarding Kanté's injury problems. If he still has issues maybe Tonali is a better signing, I'd like a proper defensive midfielder though.
Barca won't let Vidal go for free but I won't complain if he is part of the Lautaro transfer like red mentioned

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
If Kanté can stay fit, he'd be a total game changer for us.

So could Tonali though.

Like @red says though, the Kanté reports seem to be more fantasy than anything else atm.

So we should desist from getting our proverbial knickers in a twist over a choice that doesn't exist. (@Nerazzurri4life note the rhyme)
Conte's ex player, and we know he loves EPL players as much as he loves 352. I doubt the reports are baseless.

With FFP proving to be a farce after the ruling City got from CAS, we shouldn't worry too much about balancing the budgets/books and what not.

Not saying we should be in huge debts or spend mindlessly but 60million for Zhang Jindong/Suning is nothing, they are worth billions.

Yes we KANTE.

·
Registered
45,011 Posts
If the reports are true about his availability, buy him now. NOW!

My EPL Draft player (Kanté) playing next to my Serie A draft player (Brozo). 🤩

Will @Nacka want us to go for his boy, Papu Gomez?

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Reckon Papu would stay at Atalanta next season, to try and win the Scudetto there.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
I remember Stanko5 was a big fan of Papu Gomez in his Catania days. Gomez did well there back when Catania had a lot of Argies

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
If not Kante why not the guy who replaced Kante at Leicester? Ndidi. He won't come cheap but is younger.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Inter prepare Esposito loan
Football Italia

Inter are expected to sign Sebastiano Esposito to a new contract and loan him out to Torino or Parma, but reject Atalanta’s attempt to purchase the striker.

The forward only turned 18 three weeks ago and is under contract at San Siro until June 2022.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Calciomercato.com and others, the plan is to extend that deal so that his future is committed to Inter, then loan him out to get regular playing time.

Esposito already has his first Serie A goal and made appearances in the Champions League, Europa League and Coppa Italia, so a Serie B club will not be considered.

Atalanta are also ruled out, as they would like to sign Esposito on a permanent basis, something Inter are not prepared to accept.

Torino are the favourites to take the teen on loan next season, with Parma another alternative.

---

Better that way.

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
Local Brescia newspaper reporting this. Important to take with a very large pinch of salt:

Italian Media Claim Brescia President Cellino To Accept Inter’s €35M Offer For Sandro Tonali

Inter are closing in on the signing of Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali according to a report in the online edition of local newspaper Brescia Oggi.

Inter have offered a deal worth €35 million including add-ons, which will be paid across a four year period, to Brescia for Tonali, who is widely regarded as one of the best Italian talents out there at the moment.

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
BILD (trash paper but often OK for football news) says Mattheus Cunha has snubbed Inter to stay at Hertha.

Our last Hertha purchase certainly didn't work out well....

·
Greta joke sharer
23,658 Posts
Not overly concerned about losing out on Cunha. He looked a bit like another Gabigol in the making.

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
Inter Lead Race To Sign AC Milan Target Sandro Tonali & Lazio Target Marash Kumbulla

Inter are in pole position to sign both Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali as well as Hellas Verona defender Marash Kumbulla, Italian broadcaster Sky Sport Italia’s transfer market expert Gianluca Di Marzio reported on air moments ago.

_----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would be 2 great signings

Vidal and Vertonghen as well please. Godin can go.

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
Sport Mediaset (via SempreInter):

Inter are just one step away from finalising an agreement with Brescia over the transfer of Sandro Tonali according to a report from Italian broadcaster Sport Mediaset, which was aired a short time ago.

The two clubs have reached an agreement over a deal worth €35 million in total which is made up of €32 million plus €3 million in add-ons.

____

Great deal if true

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Just be aware his heart beats red and black. Either we steal him under your nose or he will do a Pirlo down the road :stuckup:

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Pirlo was an Inter fan as a kid. That doesn't matter much, wasn't Maldini a juventino? And Franco Baresi an Interista? Ancelotti was an Inter fan too. Anyhow, no sane player would pick Milan over Inter now. Not that I care much about Inter getting Tonali tbh..

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
The vibe is different now to the coming season. You will understand soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

17481 - 17500 of 17537 Posts