Xtratime Community banner

17461 - 17480 of 17537 Posts

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
According to what Don Balon reports, the Nerazzurri could renounce the purchase of the Brescia jewel to bet everything on Kante . The Frenchman would be considered by Antonio Conte the right profile to strengthen the median and has a valuation of 60 million euros. The former Leicester has found little room due to several physical problems and the blues facing an adequate offer may also decide to sell it. On the tracks of the player there would also be the Real Madrid of Zinedine Zidane .

Again according to the Spanish newspaper, Inter and Real Madrid, during the meetings for the transfer of Hakimi , would have made a pact not to clash on the market for Kantè and Tonali . An agreement that would have pushed the Spanish club to give up the Frenchman of Chelsea, while Inter would be called to pull out of the race for Sandro Tonali .

---

Kante to Inter, Tonali to Real

Would be ok with that
This whole thing sounds like the ramblings of a drunk journo on the bus at 4am in the morning. None of this will happen.

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
Belotti would be great though.

Another great game from him today. Should have had 2 goals at least.

Vidal will probably come in as part of the Lautaro deal so there's already some steel in midfield.

Tonali-Brozo-Barella is still fine. Sensi should be sent back to Sassuolo.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,658 Posts

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Tonali would be a nice signing if we are planning to win the Scudetto in 2025.

If the plan is to win next season then no, go for someone more proven.

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
Yep, let's just let the most promising Italian midfielder of his generation go to Juve/Milan

Worked out well with Pirlo

·
Registered
17,129 Posts
Tonali would be a nice signing if we are planning to win the Scudetto in 2025.

If the plan is to win next season then no, go for someone more proven.
Just assume you can't win next year. It'll do you good for both the present and future. Atalanta don't think they're gonna win the scudetto and they challenge with less pressure.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Percassi/Atalanta fans won't demand the Scudetto from Gasperini though. If Atalanta finish 4th the next 2 seasons it will be great. If Conte finishes 4th next season he will be gone. Different expectations.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Yep, let's just let the most promising Italian midfielder of his generation go to Juve/Milan

Worked out well with Pirlo
Not every Italian midfielder with long hair is Pirlo.

Inter haven't won the Scudetto in 10 years, do you think the difference can be made by Tonali next season? May be if you want to give him 3-4 seasons to grow, but time isn't on Inter's side.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Inter's midfield in 2006-2007 had JZ, Cambiasso, Vieira, Stankovic, Dacourt, Figo..

All experienced.

0 promising, up and coming midfielders.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
And how many young, promising players in the Treble team? Basically just Balotelli, who had already won 2 Scudetti in 2008 and 2009.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Barca 70m plus Junior Firpo for Lautaro
Football Italia
6 Hours Ago

Spanish sources continue to insist Barcelona will strike a deal with Inter for Lautaro Martinez, handing over €70m cash plus Junior Firpo.

Despite the €111m release clause having expired already, the Blaugrana are confident they can negotiate a deal for the Argentina international.

According to Cadena Ser, Inter would be prepared to accept €70m cash plus defender Junior Firpo, with the Brazilian valued at €41m.

The Dominican left-back turns 24 next month and was purchased from Real Betis for €18m just a year ago.

He has made 21 competitive appearances this season, contributing one goal and two assists.

It would be surprising if Inter were to agree that Junior Firpo is worth €41m, so they would request another player or more cash to make up the value of Lautaro Martinez.

You can read a betting preview for SPAL vs. Inter on Eurotips.co.uk.

Mundo Deportivo also maintain Lautaro is trying to push through the transfer to Barcelona by refusing to sign a new Inter contract

---

Even if Firpo is in reality worth say 20million not 40million, then 90million (70+20) is still pretty good in return for Lautaro. We can perhaps ask to include bonuses/add ons based on appearances or trophies or number of goals etc to get more money, though.

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
Inter's midfield in 2006-2007 had JZ, Cambiasso, Vieira, Stankovic, Dacourt, Figo..

All experienced.

Lead to 10 years without a trophy and mostly terrible football

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
We had a winning period from 2005 til 2011, which is pretty decent by all means. So what, you want us to sign inexperienced kids now and then start winning again in 2030?

Will you be willing to accept 'good football' while finishing 3rd or 4th for the next 5 years?

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Btw I don't mind a young player, someone like Hakimi for instance is proven at a high level and he is young, on the other hand if the choice is between an experienced winner like Kante or Vidal, or an overpriced promising player from a relegated team I would go with the established player who can contribute right away even if for a season or two, then we can rebuild afterwards. I am sure there will be promising players coming up through the ranks within 2-3 seasons..

·
Registered
45,010 Posts
lol, what's with the Tonali bashing?

·
Registered
17,129 Posts

All experienced.

That's a good example. A few of those were world class players. You should try to peak at the right time when you have momentum.

You currently have zero world class players on your team. So sure, you could add a good player like Vidal next year but unless there are other players in other positions ready to provide the push at the same time, it is useless and prevents actually a youngster from coming into the team and gelling there.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
lol, what's with the Tonali bashing?
What bashing dude?

Is he worth 50mill after 1 season in Serie A for one of the worst teams in the league? Is he already proven? Do you know that Bayern got Sane for 50mill, an established world class player who won trophies at City?

I already said I didn't watch enough Brescia games to judge him fairly, but between him or Kante/Vidal, I prefer experience. I prefer a player who can stand the pressure of Inter. I prefer a winner.

Tonali may well turn out to be excellent, but I have another preference for now. Seeing as Inter need to win now.

Hopefully the club shares that view too. The news on Tonali are currently less than those about Kante..

Dreaming costs nothing!

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
If we are leading 2-1 or 3-2 in a match I would trust Vidal or Kante or both more than a promising player to help us get the 3 points, and with Inter losing 20 points in Serie A from winning positions I think my opinion is based on the reality of this season.

·
Registered
45,010 Posts
I love Kanté. Incredible elite player, criminally underrated. I selected him for my EPL Draft and people were like

Btw, you may want to have words with @Nacka , who said this about Kanté:

Going for the bargain bin Makelele is as good a choice as any I suppose.
The arguments against Kanté are (1) injury concerns and (2) age (reaching 30, is a player that highly depends on his mobility). There appear to be quite a few Chelsea fans who think he won't be fit to play too many games in the future and who are looking at replacements.

The arguments for Tonali are (1) very high potential and (2) age (23). The main argument against Tonali is price. Inter is trying to get him for about 35 million Euros (unsure about bonuses atm). For comparison, we purchased Barella for 37 million Euros with a potential 13 million in bonuses, coming to a total of 50 million.

I'd be over the moon with either player but I'd have concerns over Kanté's fitness for purpose.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,658 Posts
Kanté > Tonali > Vidal

I fail to see any upside at all from signing Vidal, unless he comes on a free transfer and at a reasonable wage. The dude is 33 already. As I've said earlier, I'm not up to speed regarding Kanté's injury problems. If he still has issues maybe Tonali is a better signing, I'd like a proper defensive midfielder though.

17461 - 17480 of 17537 Posts