Xtratime Community banner

17381 - 17400 of 17428 Posts

·
Administrator
52,829 Posts
Kumbucket is a class young CB, but he would be 5th CB for us and 4th CB for you. It super smart of him to go to a competitive Lazio where he will become a star.

Problem it will later be impossible to buy players by Lotito owned team lol.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Kumbucket? 🤣

That auto-correct on your phone Oz?

We will blow all our budget on Hakimi and Tonali it seems. Fine by me. Another DM needed once Gimpliardini and Vecino are gone though.

·
Administrator
52,829 Posts
It's a Fird copyright red lol.

And Hakimi will be an amazing signing. Question marks on his lack of defending for a normal Right fullback, for for wingback he is really perfect, dynamic and nonstop threat.

"Achraf Hakimi has rejected Real Madrid’s bid to extend his contract until 2025 with Blancos and has chosen Inter, that will pay him €40M + 5 of bonuses. He will sign 5-years contract with a wage of €6M a year" (the same of Diego Godin). (Nicolo Schira)

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
red you misremember the Witsel sitaution completely wrong, he didnt reject Juve, in that summer, he had agreed terms and was litterally in a hotel in Turin waiting to be announced on 31st august deadline day, but Zenit backed out on last friggin second. Then next transfer window/season he went to China because they offered 18m a year! Then couple years later ends up in Dortmund.
Ok I got the Witsel to Juve story wrong

Old age.

And Dortmund have the 12th highest wage bill in world football so I can think we can shelve that idea about the wages...

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Hakim destroyed us back in November.

I remember I had surgery the next morning and that Dortmund 2nd half put me in a terrible frame of mind 🤣

Great player. Didn't see that signing coming. At all.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
So I guess Hakimi at RWB for next season.

Wonder who LWB will be...

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Hakim destroyed us back in November.

I remember I had surgery the next morning and that Dortmund 2nd half put me in a terrible frame of mind 🤣

Great player. Didn't see that signing coming. At all.
A surgery the day after an Inter loss, damn.

We made Dortmund’s life easy with poor/careless possession iirc.

We also had Candreva at LWB when we conceded the 3rd..

That was the game that cost us a place in the CL last 16, even a 2-2 draw instead of a 3-2 loss would have been enough for qualification in hindsight. Anyhow, if that game is what alerted Ausilio/Marotta to Hakimi then at least it had its positive...

I read that we have been in contact with him for months.

Thankfully Real have Carvajal, so Hakimi's situation hasn't changed since he went out on loan to Dortmund. They even signed Mendy to replace the ageing Marcelo...

We're adopting the juve tactic of signing players from CL teams who got the better of them: CR and De Ligt come to mind as most recent examples.

The 2 goals of Eriksen for Spurs against us in 18-19 were decisive, so were the 2 goals of Hakimi this season..

Although someone like Alex Ferguson signed Ronaldo after he shined for Sporting against Man U in a friendly, there must be other examples too..

·
Registered
58,505 Posts

Renewal and a loan, good plan.

The only certainty in Inter's attack next season is Lukaku, we might end up signing 3 new forwards in the summer if Lautaro is sold and Alexis not bought.

I would be happy with Aubameyang/Belotti, Cunha and Berardi.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Solid photoshop job

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Just missing the FICHADO bit

Where has Joshua gone btw? The Real Madrid and Porto supporter?

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Ahmed is this the first Real Madrid player we've signed since Figo and Samuel in 2005?

We also signed Julio Cesar that summer. What a mercato....

And yeah, if Hakimi is half as good as Cambiasso or Samuel then he'll be a great signing. Hopefully not another Solari or Seedorf though (talking purely about Inter performances here).

For me, Figo and Zamorano fall into the category of 'very good for Inter' but not the legend status of Cuchu and Wall

Solari the only genuine flop I can think of though. And Seedorf was never used properly (always as an AM or winger).

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
First since Sneijder in 2009. 11 years of not signing a Real Madrid player is actually quite a long period...

Sure, Cambiasso and Samuel were the best 2 signings from Real in terms of performances/consistency, longevity and number of trophies won.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
I didn't see much of Seedorf at Inter but yeah, for instance in Seedorf's final Inter season (01-02), Cuper was a 442 man and played Di Biagio and CZ in the middle, so no other place to use Seedorf other than wide.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Unfortunately for us, giving up Seedorf and Pirlo basically built half of Milan's great midfield under Ancelotti (Gattuso, Seedorf, Pirlo and Rui Costa/Kaka)

Thankfully Massimo won 16 trophies overall so he redeemed himself. But basically 2 of Milan's CLs were because of Seedorf and Pirlo

·
Registered
44,712 Posts
Those have to be in the top 5 dumbest transfers in the history of football. I had a Save Pirlo campaign in the Interlist quite some time before the transfer. For me, the writing was on the wall though...non-stop loans and a refusal to integrate a playmaking genius into the squad. Btw, this can't be blamed on any one manager...it happened during the tenures of Lippi, Tardelli, and Cuper. Simoni wanted to use him.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
First since Sneijder in 2009. 11 years of not signing a Real Madrid player is actually quite a long period...

Sure, Cambiasso and Samuel were the best 2 signings from Real in terms of performances/consistency, longevity and number of trophies won.
No idea how I forgot about Sneijder.... was just reading an interview with him this week about his time at Real. He drank a ton of vodka there apparently....

Never realised how bad a pro he was.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
I remember Sneijder wanted to stay at Real actually but they wanted to get rid of him. I recall a post I made about that with pics and all but too lazy to look it up now.

Him winning CL at Bernabeu of all stadia with us was quite something.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts

I thought the fastest player in Bundesliga is Bayern's LB Davies?

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Inter 'beat Bayern & City to Hakimi'

Football Italia

Inter beat Bayern Munich and Manchester City to the signing of Real Madrid full-back Achraf Hakimi, it is reported.

Hakimi is on his way to Inter in a €45m deal, and Gianluca Di Marzio reports the transfer will be finalised today, with only how the €40m up front and €5m in bonuses will be paid left to negotiate.

More significantly, Di Marzio claims Bayern and City were prepared to offer €60m and salaries ‘well in excess’ of the €5m he will receive from the Nerazzurri in each of the next five seasons.

Despite that, it is said the Moroccan considered the Beneamata to be ‘the perfect step’ for the next stage of his development and the club’s ambition.

The 21-year-old has spent the last two seasons on loan at Borussia Dortmund, scoring 12 goals and providing 17 assists in 72 games.
He may have already played his last match for Dortmund, given they are already certain of second place in the Bundesliga going into the final round of fixtures this weekend.

---

Indeed no Hakimi today

17381 - 17400 of 17428 Posts