Xtratime Community banner

17261 - 17280 of 17286 Posts

·
Registered
44,292 Posts
The Tonali boat has likely sailed. Reports suggest that Juventus are far and away the favourites to sign him.

I read recently that we've taken our foot off the gas irt Kumbulla. We should absolutely make him a top priority signing.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
The Tonali boat has likely sailed. Reports suggest that Juventus are far and away the favourites to sign him.

That's what I thought for about the last 12 months, but the talk of a pre-agreement with Juve has died down:

Inter put €40m down for Tonali
By Football Italia staff

Inter are reportedly the favourites for Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali, putting forward a €40m proposal to beat the competition from Juventus and Liverpool.
According to Sport Mediaset, the Nerazzurri are aiming to get in there quicker than anyone else, putting their money on the table for the midfielder.
It’s claimed director Beppe Marotta and President Steven Zhang have already worked out the details and given the all-clear to blow the transfer budget on the lad who turns 20 next month.
Tonali already has three senior caps for Italy, despite the fact this is his first Serie A season.
Although Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Milan, Napoli and Roma are also interested, it has been widely believed for months that the two most realistic options are Juve and Inter.
This is why Inter hope to snatch a promise from the player and his club with plenty of time to spare.

Report: Tonali wants Inter over Juve
By Football Italia staff

Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali would, according to the Corriere dello Sport, prefer a move to Inter over Juventus.
The Rondinelle patron Massimo Cellino revealed he would like to see the Italy international remain in Serie A and as he was initially valued at €50m, the two giants are the most likely suitors in Serie A.
Inter and Juventus have both been linked with the youngster this term and will have to fight it out for his signature.
But the price might have dropped due to the coronavirus emergency and the newspaper claims Inter are prepared to offer €30m plus one of their youngsters.
The Corriere dello Sport writes that Inter are currently ahead of Juventus thanks to their ‘technical project’ and predicts that the offers from both clubs will be similar, leaving the player to decide his destination.
Tonali allegedly fancies the opportunity at Inter and finds the path into the starting line-up shorter due to the stern competition in midfield at the Allianz Stadium.
Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit:

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Anyway, I guess it is all going to boil down to who has the largest cash reserves and who can offer clubs like Brescia and Fiorentina the best players in exchange.

It looks incredibly likely that Inter and Juve will do battle for at least 2 of Tonali, Chiesa and Castrovilli, but there's no way either club can sign all three. Exchange deals will be the deal breaker.

We know there will be a vast number of exchange deals this summer, and historically Inter have got horrible results. But obviously with Marotta things will be different this time round (I am not being sarcastic).

Rumours circulating Inter will turn to Chiesa if Lautaro leaves. I don't really like the idea of Chiesa as a forward (he is basically a winger and says so himself), but he probably has the ability to adapt to the position and score goals.

Everyone has probably read this stuff on Football Italia or SempreInter already, but here's the last 2 weeks or so of rumours:

1) Mertens deal looks like it's back on (GDS)
2) Vertonghen deal close (Tuttosh*t)
3) Pre-contract agreement with Giroud (Tuttosh*t)
4) The Kean rumour came from the Daily Express so not worth taking seriously (Daily Express)
5) Inter favourites for Tonali (Sport Mediaset)

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Obviously if we signed Mertens, Giroud, Vertonghen and Tonali (total cost: 50 million) it would be a miracle....

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
This guy is always wrong about everything. Always do the exact opposite of what he suggests:

Cassano: 'I would sell Lautaro'
By Football Italia staff

Former Italy international Antonio Cassano has claimed Inter will benefit from selling Lautaro Martinez to Barcelona.
The former Inter attacker har claimed the increased value of the Argentine 22-year-old will give the Nerazzurri and opportunity to invest wisely.
“Lautaro is very good, but I would sell him,” Cassano told Perluigi Pardo on Instagram. “You brought him for €20m and sell him for over €100m.
“Or even get €70m to €80m and Arthur. Then I would go for [PSG forward Edinson] Cavani, who is on an expiring contract and would be perfect for [coach Antonio] Conte.
“In addition, there will also be money from the sale of [Mauro] Icardi and I would go to Arsenal to bring in [Alexandre] Lacazette.
“Lautaro will become even better, but I would say to him: ‘it was a pleasure’.”

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Some "news" (LOL):

• Tuttosh*te: Barca willing to offer Arthur plus cash for Lautaro (I wouldn't bother with this. Sign Tonali instead)
  • Sport Mediaset: Inter close to deal with Brescia for Tonali (I don't actually believe this)
  • More Tuttosh*te: Inter offer Brozo 4.5m a year. His buyout is 60m euros. He has 2 years left on his current contract.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Looks like Icardi will end up at juve. There are 2 likely scenarios, either PSG buy him then sell to juve or juve deal directly with Inter. Based on latest reports we would make 70 mill from PSG which is the agreed purchase fee, and then receive 10-15 million extra as a fine/compensation if PSG sell Icardi to an Italian club. Basically making Icardi our biggest ever sale and covering for any financial losses connected to Corona. The other option is PSG saying **** it, and not take their option to buy, and apparently juve would offer money plus Cuadrado for Icardi, which would be a good deal as Cuadrado is an excellent player despite the diving antics but it remains to be seen how much juve value Icardi (and Cuadrado) monetarily. I reckon Cuadrado at his age is worth say 20million, so a fair offer is 45-50mill plus Cuadrado.

The ideal option would be Cholo taking Icardi to Atletico but seeing as Icardi is whipped, he will listen to Wanda and return to Italy because of the 5 kids and their schools etc..

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Looks like Icardi will end up at juve.
There's a very long way to go with this. I just hope it doesn't take as long as last summer.

Atleti could be a genuine option for him. He has shown that is prepared to play outside Italy. His family is Argentinian - I don't see any reason why they shouldn't live in Spain. It's not like Wanda needs the money from her Tikki Takka appearances.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
The (slightly dodgy) news source FCInterNews.it. (a few years ago they said we had an agreement in place to sign James and Pepe from Real Madrid) says we have made a 6m a year contract offer (2 year contract) to Mertens and his is 'intrigued'.

This totally blows Napoli's contract renewal out of the water.

Mertens would be great on a 2-year contract. Probably much more productive (and less injury prone) than Alexis Sanchez.

Could be a radically different forward line next season if Lautaro leaves and Mertens, Giroud and another player (e.g. Auba) come in.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Latest Lautaro news is that Barca will bid 60mill and 2 players (Vidal and Semedo)

Great offer if so.

We get 2 decent players, and money enough to buy Aubameyang or Werner. Effectively we would replace Lautaro with 3 players, if not 4-5 depending on the cost of Werner/Auba/new cf

Great business a la Zlatan-Eto'o swap of 2009 when we also got money that helped in signing the likes of Sneijder, Milito, Motta, Lucio...Do it, Marotta.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Latest Lautaro news is that Barca will bid 60mill and 2 players (Vidal and Semedo)

Great offer if so.

We get 2 decent players, and money enough to buy Aubameyang or Werner. Effectively we would replace Lautaro with 3 players, if not 4-5 depending on the cost of Werner/Auba/new cf

Great business a la Zlatan-Eto'o swap of 2009 when we also got money that helped in signing the likes of Sneijder, Milito, Motta, Lucio...Do it, Marotta.
Werner is not likely to come to Inter. He is a very, very good player, but Liverpool and Klopp are all over him like a bad rash (sadly). I initially thought he'd go to Bayern, but he has ruled that out himself (famous last words).

The deal above is not bad but Vidal and Auba are old. Vidal is really old. Seems a bit short-termist to me. If it has to be a player+cash deal then I'd prefer Arthur+Semedo+30 million (use the 30 million to pay most of Auba's fee).

Anyway, at this stage it looks ultra-likely that Lautaro will go.

Would be a great sight for fans in general (well, non-Real-Madrid fans) to watch a Messi-Lautaro-Neymar front line next season. Lethal.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Gazzetta reporting today that PSG will take up their option to sign Icardi.

I don't see why they would bother unless they are planning to keep him.

There is surely no financial incentive for PSG to buy him and then sell him on as I doubt anyone is going to pay 80 - 100 million for him - and there is the rumour of a 15m euro penalty if they sell him to a Serie A team.

GDS also says Inter and Juve are the front-runners for Tonali (surprise surprise). Price is around 50m euros.

Sport Mediaset says Conte is tempted to reinstate Nainggolan. If we can't get Tonali or Castrovilli, then I would happily take Radja back, particularly given how good he has been for Cagliari.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Tonali 'open to Inter move'
Football Italia

Inter are reportedly working on a deal for Sandro Tonali after receiving ‘strong approval’ from the Brescia midfielder.

Inter face competition from Juventus for Tonali, but Corriere dello Sport claims Inter are ready to push through negotiations.

As per the newspaper, the 20-year-old has intimated that he is open to joining the Nerazzurri.

With that in mind, the Beneamata would be preparing a package similar to the one they signed off for Nicolo Barella last summer.

They committed to paying €50m for Barella but through a €12m loan with a €25m obligation to buy and €13m in bonuses.

Brescia owner Massimo Cellino has a similar valuation in mind for Tonali, but the coronavirus pandemic could force him into accepting a lower price.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Tonali 'open to Inter move'
Football Italia

Inter are reportedly working on a deal for Sandro Tonali after receiving ‘strong approval’ from the Brescia midfielder.

Inter face competition from Juventus for Tonali, but Corriere dello Sport claims Inter are ready to push through negotiations.

As per the newspaper, the 20-year-old has intimated that he is open to joining the Nerazzurri.

With that in mind, the Beneamata would be preparing a package similar to the one they signed off for Nicolo Barella last summer.

They committed to paying €50m for Barella but through a €12m loan with a €25m obligation to buy and €13m in bonuses.

Brescia owner Massimo Cellino has a similar valuation in mind for Tonali, but the coronavirus pandemic could force him into accepting a lower price.
Yeah, the Tonali rumours just keep getting stronger.

That said, Kulusevski was seemingly cut and dried back in Decemeber.

Juve are clearning some space in their midfield by letting go of Pjanic, Rabiot and maybe Ramsey, so they'll have space for Tonali.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
Yet another report (from Sport) stating that Inter have accepted 60 million + Vidal + Semedo for Lautaro.

I still don't really like this deal, although Semedo is a step up from Candreva. Can he defend though? I doubt it.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Yeah, the Tonali rumours just keep getting stronger.

That said, Kulusevski was seemingly cut and dried back in Decemeber.

Juve are clearning some space in their midfield by letting go of Pjanic, Rabiot and maybe Ramsey, so they'll have space for Tonali.
They want Pogba back, doubt they can afford pogba and tonali in 1 summer.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Report: Inter plotting Cancelo return
Football Italia

Inter and Barcelona are reportedly plotting a return to Italy for Manchester City defender Joao Cancelo to allow Lautaro Martinez his proposed move to Camp Nou.

The Argentine’s ongoing transfer saga could now involve a sensational return to Italy for Manchester City defender Cancelo, according to the Corriere dello Sport.

The newspaper claims Inter have identified the former Juventus right-back as the perfect fit for Antonio Conte’s side and would help the Blaugrana reduce the €111m price tag set by Lautaro’s contract at San Siro.

Barcelona will have to trigger the release clause in his current deal with the Nerazzurri, but the Portuguese wing-back could be the key to help the Catalans get their man.

Such an operation would therefore involve Inter, Barcelona and Premier League side Manchester City, with the report suggesting Nélson Semedo will be the third player involved.

According to the newspaper, Semedo, who has been valued at €50m before the forced break, could be exchanged with Cancelo and move to the Citizens. His compatriot would then virtually replace him at Camp Nou before immediately moving to Milan and help Barca eventually get the Argentine 22-year-old.

---

Would be ok with that.

We are linked with Gosens of Atalanta for the left side btw.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Report: 'Pjanic has Barca deal, Vidal wants Inter'
Football Italia

Miralem Pjanic reportedly ‘already agreed a deal’ with Barcelona, but Arthur Melo is blocking everything, while Arturo Vidal ‘wants to reunite with Antonio Conte’ at Inter.

The reports continue to circulate in Italy and Spain that Pjanic would go to Camp Nou in exchange for Arthur Melo, but the Brazilian is holding up the move.
“According to my information, Barca have already agreed a deal with Pjanic,” Barca TV journalist Francesc Aguilar told TuttoJuve.com.

“He has always wanted to play for the Blaugrana. Juventus want to improve and extend his contract by a year, but at the moment there’s nothing new on that.
“I spoke to people close to Arthur Melo this morning and they confirmed he does not want to leave Barcelona. He already said no to Inter, as he could’ve been part of the Lautaro Martinez move.

“Now, despite the efforts of (Juventus director) Fabio Paratici, he continues to block any sale and is even more against the idea of being part of an exchange.”
There could be other swap deals involved between the clubs, for example Ivan Rakitic or Inter target Arturo Vidal.

“Juve have already tried for Rakitic and came close. He wants to go back to Sevilla, but the Andalusians can’t pay his salary,” continued Aguilar.

“Vidal has a basic agreement in place with Inter and could move there as part of the Lautaro Martinez deal or in a direct negotiation with Barca. In any case, he wants to reunite with Antonio Conte.”

Juventus also have defenders who could be of interest to the Catalans for next season.
“They really like Mattia De Sciglio, who could be a good reinforcement if Nelson Semedo goes to Manchester City, which is possible after the Portuguese player demanded a big pay rise.
“Rugani was liked a while ago, but is not a priority right now. I see De Sciglio as being more feasible than Rugani.”

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Report: Mertens asks Lukaku for Inter advice

Football Italia

Napoli forward Dries Mertens has reportedly asked Romelu Lukaku for advice finding a new apartment in Milan, according to Tuttosport.

The striker will be a free agent when his contract expires at the end of this season and is increasingly unlikely to pen an extension at the Stadio San Paolo.

Chelsea have made their interest clear as well, but multiple sources now suggest Mertens has decided to join Inter, if he does leave Napoli.

Tuttosport even maintain the Belgian called his fellow countryman Lukaku to ask for advice on finding a new apartment in the city of Milan.

It means they would not just be club and country teammates, but also neighbours.

Lukaku currently lives on the same street as Inter hitman Lautaro Martinez, as they published Instagram videos of them shouting across the rooftops at each other during the lockdown.

---

Hopefully we do bring in Mertens.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Lukaku brings Belgians to Inter
Football Italia

Romelu Lukaku is reportedly calling Belgian free agents Dries Mertens, Jan Vertonghen and Thomas Meunier to join him at Inter.

Multiple sources have stated that Napoli striker Mertens is on the verge of agreeing terms with Inter, despite also receiving a proposal from Chelsea, and Lukaku could well be one of the reasons for the decision.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Lukaku is also using his powers of persuasion on some other Belgium international teammates who are looking for a new challenge.

They include Tottenham Hotspur centre-back Vertonghen and Paris Saint-Germain right-back Meunier, both of whom will be free agents at the end of this season.

The Nerazzurri could even give a second chance to Radja Nainggolan, who spent this term on loan at Cagliari.

---

A Belgian contingent at Inter would be more than welcome, especially bosmans! :)

17261 - 17280 of 17286 Posts