Xtratime Community banner

17221 - 17240 of 17248 Posts

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
An 'even worse fit' than Lautaro and Lukaku?

LOL

What the hell are you on about Nax?

If they are 50% as good as Lu-La then we will have a decent backup strikforce on our hands.

But Sanchez will be first in line for game time anyway.
On paper Lukaku and Lautaro shouldn't be a good fit. Don't try to retcon the backstory here buddy. It was universally agreed upon at the start of the season that Lukaku and Lautaro wouldn't work well together. I'm pretty sure you said so as well, don't make me go dig through the archives! [Insert appropriate smiley]

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Official: Flamengo buy Gabigol

By Football Italia staff

Gabriel Barbosa has officially signed with Flamengo and the Brazilian forward completed a €17m deal from Inter.
The Copa Libertadores winner have confirmed the arrival of Gabigol and would reportedly have to pay 20 per cent of a future re-sale of the player to.
The 23-year-old has been on loan at Flamengo since January 2019 and has contributed 34 goals in 43 matches for the club.
Inter also loaned him out to Benfica earlier and Gabigol has seemingly failed to feature in the future of the Nerazzurri.
Now, it’s official and Barbosa has signed a deal until 2024 with his new side.
The striker arrived from Santos in 2016 and cost Inter €29.5m, but never managed to make an impact at San Siro, nor at loan with Benfica.

SIM, NAÇÃO! #PodeLevantarAPlaquinha! Teremos gols do artilheiro rubro-negro até 2024! O GABIGOL É NOSSO! pic.twitter.com/6Q6T0jJAp6
— Flamengo (@Flamengo) January 28, 2020
He has rediscovered his form at Flamengo and helped them to the League title and the Copa Libertadores.

----

Well hopefully Gabigol joins a European club for a nice fee in a year or two so we can make more money from the transfer.

Surely he doesn't want to stay in Brazil for good? He's not old.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Good and bad deal depending on how you choose to look at it.

The transfer fee is pretty low considering his age and the numbers he's been putting out lately. But on the other hand, a year or so ago it looked like one of those cases where we wouldn't be able to get rid of him before his contract ended and he'd leave for free.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Politano: 'Thank you Inter'

By Football Italia staff

Matteo Politano has thanked Inter “for the opportunity” after his move to Napoli and said he’s “excited about my new adventure”.

After 63 games and six goals for the Nerazzurri, Politano has moved on to pastures new and will continue under Gennaro Gattuso at the San Paolo.

The attacker had struggled to establish himself under the new coach Antonio Conte, but wanted to “thank” the club and everyone involved during his time in Milan.

“I am ready and excited about my new wonderful adventure in a beautiful city with a large fan base,” he wrote on Instagram. “I am looking forward to step out on the pitch in these colours!

“Thanks to Inter for the opportunity they gave me. I really want to say goodbye to all those who have been close to me on this journey, my teammates, the staff and the collaborators.

“A big thank you also to the fans who have always supported me!”

Napoli are currently 10th in Serie A and will have to fight for a place in Europe next term. The Partenopei play Sampdoria on Monday at the Marassi and it could possibly be Politano’s first game with the Azzurri.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
On paper Lukaku and Lautaro shouldn't be a good fit. Don't try to retcon the backstory here buddy. It was universally agreed upon at the start of the season that Lukaku and Lautaro wouldn't work well together. I'm pretty sure you said so as well, don't make me go dig through the archives! [Insert appropriate smiley]
Dig away Nax.

I probably said something less than glowingly positive but we're all a bit wiser now aren't we?

Not sure how bringing up a premise that was reliably proven to be completely false is instructive and informative here

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Politano deal seems like a great transfer for Napoli. He's exactly the kind of player they love and fits them a lot better than he does us.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Imagine if Politano knocks us out of Coppa Italia! That would really suck.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Inter snap up Satriano

By Football Italia staff

Inter have agreed a deal for teenage Nacional striker Martin Satriano, claim Sky Sport Italia, after Cagliari had also approached the player.

According to transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio, Satriano will fly in tomorrow from Uruguay for his medical.

Crucially, he has an Italian passport due to his ancestors from the Peninsula.

He will turn 19 next month and made the step up from the Nacional youth team to the senior squad only a few weeks ago.

Naturally, Satriano will go into the Inter youth team first.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Kumbulla snubs Napoli for Inter

By Football Italia staff

Verona’s Marash Kumbulla has reportedly rejected Napoli’s offer, as the defender wants Inter, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The defender has impressed this season for the Gialloblu and therefore has been linked with moves away to some of the bigger sides in Italy.

Napoli have been in talks with Verona for a number of weeks, with a deal virtually agreed for next summer.
The Partenopei have agreed to pay €20m plus bonuses for the 19-year-old.

However, La Gazzetta journalist Nicolò Schira states that the defender has rejected the proposal.

Kumbulla is thought to be holding out on a potential move to Inter.

However, Schira states that things may change in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
MILAN - FC Internazionale Milano can confirm that Federico Dimarco has joined Hellas Verona Football Club on loan.

Just watch him score against us when we play against Verona away, you know it will happen! 100%

anyhow good luck to DiMarco except in that 1 match.

I wonder if this loan is arranged to facilitate the alleged Kumbulla signing in the summer...

·
Registered
15,441 Posts

·
Registered
57,648 Posts

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Radu moved to Parma on loan after Perin took his starting spot at Genoa, Parma are without their main gk Sepe who is injured.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Barcelona talk Lautaro with Inter

By Football Italia staff

Barcelona hope to get the advantage for Lautaro Martinez by negotiating directly with Inter, even paying more than the €111m release clause, claim Sky Sport Italia.

According to Gianluca Di Marzio, the Blaugrana are aware of growing competition from the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester United for the Argentina international.

They have therefore decided not to create waves with Inter, instead negotiating directly with them to work out a priority channel with club and player for next season.

There is a release clause in Lautaro’s contract, worth €111m for clubs outside of Italy and valid only for a brief period of time during the summer.

It’s reported Barcelona are even prepared to pay slightly more than the release clause, albeit by including player exchanges into the deal.

There are several Nou Camp stars who Inter are known to be interested in, above all Arturo Vidal and Ivan Rakitic.

----

111mill+Vidal and Lautaro is theirs. Would be a great deal for us. We signed Lautaro for 20-25mill!

In those times of ffp, getting 111mill for 1 player is good for the finances of the club. And no player is irreplaceable. I learned that in 2009 when we let go of Zlatan. Was pretty angry back then, but it turned out for the best eventually...

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Inter to ask for Griezmann

By Football Italia staff

Inter could ask Barcelona for Antoine Griezmann in any potential deal for Lautaro Martinez, reports Tuttosport.

Martinez is having his breakout season with the Nerazzurri, and has scored 16 goals in all competitions.
Speculation has been rife that the 22-year-old would like to join the Catalan side to play alongside Lionel Messi.
Martinez has a release clause of €111m, valid only for clubs outside of Italy, however it’s believed that Barcelona aren’t considering paying that sum due to FFP.
Tuttosport claims that the La Liga outfit will offer Inter a host of players in order to drive the cost down.
Players such as Arturo Vidal, Carles Alena, Philippe Coutinho and Jean-Clair Todibo could be exchanged.
However, the Turin daily suggests that Inter would demand Griezmann in any potential deal.
The 28-year-old only signed for Barcelona last summer, but his move hasn’t clicked as well as many felt it would.
The Frenchman has only scored 12 goals from 32 appearances so far this season.
Inter could offer Griezmann an escape route.
Martinez meanwhile has shown no indication of a willingness to leave San Siro.
La Gazzetta dello Sport also claims that should the Argentine leave in the summer, the club would target Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

---

Griezmann, Aubameyang… in any case I am sure the club will replace Lautaro with a big name established striker to play with Lukaku upfront if Lautaro does depart.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
I hate the idea of Lautaro leaving, unless the 111 million means getting Tonali and Castrovilli, in which case I'm all for it.

But Lautaro is an insane talent and will only get better.

His pressing and tenacious style has reaped tons of goals this season. And his rapport with Lukaku is unique.

I think it would be incredibly difficult to find an adequate replacement.

Aubemeyang is old and coming to the end of his career.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Not a fan of Griezmann anymore...diving prick.
Oh yeah the last WC final.

I guess Brozovic won't be too happy if Griezmann arrives.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
I hate the idea of Lautaro leaving, unless the 111 million means getting Tonali and Castrovilli, in which case I'm all for it.

But Lautaro is an insane talent and will only get better.

His pressing and tenacious style has reaped tons of goals this season. And his rapport with Lukaku is unique.

I think it would be incredibly difficult to find an adequate replacement.

Aubemeyang is old and coming to the end of his career.
Tonali AND Castrovilli? Both?

How many midfielders can we field?

Nah, I don't want soft promising Italians, bring in some big black DM that can break up play from somewhere.

I didn't know that Aubameyang is old, he's 30 now that I checked after your post. I thought he was younger tbh.

If Lautaro wants to go and play with Messi and Barca make a bid of a triple digit figure (or a big sum like 80-90mill+a player), we should take it. Someone else will score goals for the club.

After all we replaced someone who scored over 100 goals for the club last summer so no worries.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Tonali AND Castrovilli? Both?

How many midfielders can we field?

Nah, I don't want soft promising Italians, bring in some big black DM that can break up play from somewhere.

I didn't know that Aubameyang is old, he's 30 now that I checked after your post. I thought he was younger tbh.

If Lautaro wants to go and play with Messi and Barca make a bid of a triple digit figure (or a big sum like 80-90mill+a player), we should take it. Someone else will score goals for the club.

After all we replaced someone who scored over 100 goals for the club last summer so no worries.

Re: midfielders

Tonali as deputy to Brozo, Castro to replace Gaglia/Vecino.

Sensi looks like he can't be depended on to stay fit for any longer period of time.

That said, there are already rumours that Marotta has contacted SMS' agent again. And I'm sure Tonali will go to Juve anyway.

But I think it is fairly certain that one top mid will be signed in the summer.

I actually thought Auba was older than 30.... Ah well.

Excellent striker and he would get many goals in Serie A but a sort of short-term solution compared to a guy like Lautaro with 10 years left in his prime.

I hope Ausilio ties the latter down to a long contract with a 200 or 300 million euro release.

I think Lautaro should be the symbol of the new Inter. Passionate, hard-working, very skilfull. He can also become a big brand.

But I have a strong suspicion he won't be able to turn down Barca (even though I think he is too young for that move).

17221 - 17240 of 17248 Posts