Xtratime Community banner

17201 - 17220 of 17248 Posts

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
..And yes, haggling over 2-3 feckin million for a top player is just pure idiocy. Give Spurs the 20mill and get it done ffs.
It's beyond retarded.

I hope there isn't another reason for the delay, i.e. Eriksen's agent is stalling so he can wait for a PSG/Real Madrid offer.

But this 2 million thing has gone way beyond a joke.

Eriksen got booed by his own fans yesterday.

This is bad for Spurs, Eriksen and us (we could use him immediately with Brozo out injured).

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
I don't even know why Giroud would want to come to Inter anyhow. He wants to leave Chelsea to be a starter, which he probably won't be at Inter. Makes no sense to move from the bench in London to the bench in Milano. He should join a mid level EPL club or go back to France.

I am ok with Llorente, much like Moses another player Conte knows. Loan 6 months is ok.
Look, Llorente will probably do OK.

I'm not sure he'll be significantly better than Esposito, but at least he has experience and is a target man.

For me Giroud is a level above - or at least was a level above - but let's see. Either player automatically gets a lot of game time because Lautaro and Lukaku will have to be rested for a lot of Coppa/EL games (I would field a reserve team in the Coppa and save the big guns for later stages of EL).

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
I wouldn't field reserves in Coppa. Fiorentina have recently beaten Atalanta in Coppa and Napoli at San Paolo in Serie A so if we field reserves against Viola, we are out.

There's a potential semi final against Napoli if we beat viola so we can reach a final for the first time since 2011 as Napoli aren't what they used to be.

One game at a time though, Cagliari first, then Fiorentina and Udinese.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Well if you're in favour of fielding the strongest 11 in the Coppa (and presumably also the EL) then I would say forget about winning Serie A.

The squad is thin enough as it is without having a third competition to focus on. It has had enough problems with just 2 competitions, as we saw from the CL exit.

I recently posted the squad that won the Treble. It had SIX strikers, 11 midfielders (including wingers) and at least 2 or 3 players for every defensive position.

That is roughly what Juve have now and we are in direct competition with them, despite having nothing like their squad depth.

Compromises have to be made somewhere.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
I agree with @red here. We need to field reserves in the Coppa. If we make it far enough, then we field more if not all 1st team players. That's the usual approach in any case.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
I doubt we will be allowed to win Serie A anyhow. We have seen the refereeing this season, most recently Lecce-Inter when Lecce should have been down to 10 after fecking 20 minutes, which basically would have meant 3 easy points for us. Moreover the robbery in Inter-Parma. Not to mention juve being gifted points in 5-6 matches with glaring refereeing 'errors'

I doubt those are all coincidences.

What annoys me is that no one from Inter is saying anything. Moratti or Mourinho would not have been silent I am sure.

Sorry but you guys want reserves against Fiorentina in a one off knockout match in the Cup in order to rest the starters for a weaker team (Udinese) in a longer competition (Serie A)? makes no sense tbh. We are playing for a semi final spot in a tournament that is more realistic to win than Serie A. We have not won anything since 2011, so yes even the Coppa would be progress so it should not be dismissed/disregarded.

Moreover the injury situation now is better, DD and Asamoah are recovering, and I read the Brozovic injury isn't too bad and he will be back soon. We are also bringing in players (3-4) so you can not compare the current situation to November or December.

I can understand resting some players if we are facing juve/Lazio after the Coppa match. But playing the reserves and losing at home to Fiorentina is not the best way to prepare for Udinese. Imagine going out of the Coppa and then not beating Udinese... yeah, that would be pretty shit..

Not even sure why I went ahead and typed all that :D , red doesn't even care about any cup competition except CL. Anyhow, the fact that Handanovic and Lukaku played against Cagliari means that Conte cares enough and I am sure we will field a strong side v Fiorentina. If Conte did not care about Coppa then Padelli would have started in goal and Esposito upfront.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Report: Eriksen medical set for Monday
By Football Italia staff

Inter have allegedly scheduled a medical for Christian Eriksen on Monday and seem close to signing the Tottenham midfielder for €20m this January.
Tottenham pulled the breaks when Inter didn’t want to cough up more than €18m to secure a move for the playmaker during the transfer window.
His contract expires in the summer and now Alfredo Pedulla reports that Eriksen might be on his way, as Inter have found a way to fund the move.
The SportItalia journalist writes that his arrival to Milan and the medical has been scheduled for Monday and now the Nerazzurri are only waiting for a reply from Spurs.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Lazaro to Newastle done deal?

By Football Italia staff

Everything has reportedly been set to move Valentino Lazaro from Inter to Newcastle, with the medical tests scheduled for tomorrow.
The Austrian will travel to Tyneside for his visit after struggling to establish himself at San Siro this term.
The 23-year-old had been pushing for a move to RB Leipzig, but the German league leaders weren’t convinced, and a deal has now allegedly been completed between the Magpies and Inter.
He came to Inter from Hertha Berlin last summer and reportedly moves on a €1.5m loan deal with an option to buy for €23.5m this summer.
The disposal of Lazaro comes the same day as the official signing of Victor Moses as players are going through the doors at the Giuseppe Meazza heading in both directions.

---

reckon Lazaro will do well at Newcastle.

will try to catch some of their games.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
I'm not saying anything about Eriksen until he is posing with/wearing an Inter Jersey.

Summer before last Vidal had a medical scheduled in Milan.....

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Reports: Eriksen to Inter done deal
By Football Italia staff

Multiple reports in Italy state Inter have agreed a deal worth €18m plus bonuses for Christian Eriksen with Tottenham Hotspur and a medical is booked.
The lengthy negotiations finally came to a head in a frenetic Thursday, with the positive conclusion highlighted by Inter directors Beppe Marotta and Piero Ausilio having dinner with intermediary Frank Trimboli and Paolo Busardò in Milan.
Eriksen’s contract with Spurs is due to expire in June, so he was free to already agree personal terms with Inter, a contract to June 2024 worth €8m per year plus bonuses.

Despite the threat of losing him as a free agent in under six months, Tottenham refused to back down from the €20m asking price.
Inter eventually relented and reached that figure by promising €18m upfront plus up to €2m in add-ons, claim Sportitalia, La Gazzetta dello Sport, Calciomercato.com and others.
As things stand, the medical is planned for Monday, but it is possible he could try to rush it through and sit in the stands for Sunday’s lunchtime kick-off against Cagliari.
Meanwhile, La Gazzetta dello Sport also cast doubt on reports of a late offer from Barcelona for Eriksen, as the Danish international had committed to Inter several weeks ago.
It was seen as an attempt by Tottenham chief Daniel Levy to push Inter into spending more.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Eriksen 'on €8m a year' at Inter?
By Football Italia staff

Christian Eriksen seemingly on his way to Inter from Tottenham this winter and is reportedly close to signing a deal worth €8m a year plus bonuses.
Alfredo Pedulla has reported that Inter are ready to meet the asking price by adding bonuses to their current offer, whilst they are preparing to offer Eriksen a yearly salary of €8m to start from next season.
The Sport Italia Journalist writes that Eriksen was set on Inter and that his salary from 2020-21 could increase to an amount closer to €10m a year if all his bonuses are activated.
During the late hours tonight, Beppe Marotta and Piero Ausilio were, according to Tuttomercatoweb, having dinner with the agents Frank Trimboli and Paolo Busardò.
Trimboli is allegedly carrying through the deal for Eriksen’s agent Martin Schoots, who was in London on to finalise with Spurs and took part in a video conference with the four above in Milano.
TMW wrote that an offer from Barcelona arrived around 22:15 GMT, but claimed it seemed like a move from Spurs to put extra pressure on the Nerazzurri.
Busardò was also attending the dinner and he represents Napoli forward Fernando Llorente and was present to discuss the contract of the Spanish player.
Sky Sport Italia still write that Inter are hoping that the time will pass and eventually the price tag will decrease below €20m.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Automatic ban for anyone who starts an Eriksen thread before he lands in Milano.

My Vidal, Rebic threads and Ahmed's Dzeko threads are notorious....

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Seems like we managed to sell Politano for 25 million to Napoli, loan with obligation to buy. Sweet!

Not that I'm all that enthusiastic about Giroud.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Re: Lazaro loan to Newcastle.

Good move, imo. He needs more experience and confidence. Hope he plays a lot there. He seems like a great kid and I'll be rooting for him.

He wrote this on Instagram too:-

Thank you fans for your support from the first day on this great team! This is now the right step for me to play more and be able to demonstrate what I can do! Thanks to the club for this possibility. I wish my Inter teammates all the best in the fight for the Scudetto. See you soon, your Tino!

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Eriksen's medical is tomorrow (Monday).

Giroud should arrive mid-week.

Both players are desperately needed given Sensi's horrible form, Brozo's fitness and Lautaro's suspension

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Eriksen's medical is tomorrow (Monday).

Giroud should arrive mid-week.

Both players are desperately needed given Sensi's horrible form, Brozo's fitness and Lautaro's suspension
On paper Giroud and Lukaku sounds like an even worse fit than Lautaro and Lukaku. I guess Giroud is more of a sub in caase Lukaku needs rest.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
An 'even worse fit' than Lautaro and Lukaku?

LOL

What the hell are you on about Nax?

If they are 50% as good as Lu-La then we will have a decent backup strikforce on our hands.

But Sanchez will be first in line for game time anyway.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
According to today's GDS:

Gabigol sale to Flamengo done today
Vecino to Everton negotiations ongoing - big difference in valuations (14m vs. 25m - might get done for 20)
Either Giroud or Llorente - this is still up in the air apparently
Vecino will be replaced if he leaves. Charles Aranguiz of Leverkusen is the favourite (low cost as contract expires in June)

Would be crazy to get 5 new signings in a winter transfer window.

More than welcome though....

17201 - 17220 of 17248 Posts